HELLLPPPPP! Grand Floridian vs. Beach Club vs. Polynesian

PrncessNTheFrog

Earning My Ears
I just don’t know where I want to stay! I’ve been to Disney before but have never actually stayed at a resort, so I’m very excited. We’re a couple in our mid 30’s and early 40’s. No kids. Staying for only 3 nights. Been going back and forth between Grand Floridian, Beach Club, and Polynesian. As far as parks go, we’re planning on Epcot, MK, and maybe HS. We love to eat, so hopefully somewhere with great food options. I just keep going back and forth and need to make a decision. Can someone pleeeease offer their opinion to sway me in a certain direction!

We have stayed at all of them. You can't go wrong with any of them. They are 3 great resorts. Beach Club gives you the ability to walk to both EPCOT and DHS. The one thing about Beach Club is if you have allergies and are sensitive to smells, the scent they pipe into the lobby can be really irritating. It makes me really sick. So, we go for Yacht Club instead of Beach Club. We go over to the BC quick service and I can't stay in the lobby very long or I start getting really congested and get a headache. I've heard people say that it is the same scent as in the Grand Floridian-- but I have never had issues breathing at GF And we have spent a lot of time in the lobby listening to the music and waiting our table to be ready at 1900 park Fare. I saw an article claiming that they pipe the same scent into Yacht Club, but I have never smelled it there and have never had issues there. At BC, the scent gets me every time, and the worst was when we stayed there so we were in and out of the lobby a lot. If you are interested in pool time YC/BC has the best pool area on property in my opinion. If you stay at YC or BC during any of the Epcot food festivals and have hoppers, it is nice to be able to hop in and sample the food and drink booths. The stupid park reservation and limitations on hopping before 2:00 create problems with that though. As far as food options-- what kind of food do you like and do you want quick service or places that require ADRs. Among other things, YC/BC has decent quick service, they have the grill by the pool (hurricane Hannas), they have the Yachtsman's steakhouse which is really good, they have the Beaches and Cream soda shop which is good, and you can always walk to the Swan, Dolphin or Boardwalk Hotel for other options. Yachtsman and Beaches and Cream do require ADRs.

The Grand Floridian is beautiful. You have the monorail and boat to MK- we love the boat. Sadly the band no longer plays above the lobby which is a huge hit to the atmosphere of the hotel in my opinion. Bus service when we stayed there always seemed a bit slow.

The Polynesian is a lot of fun. Trader Sam's bar is there. You have the boat to the MK, you have the monorail, and in addition to being able to grab transportation at the front of the hotel, you can also walk to the TTC and pick up transportation there. When we stay there we always walk to the TTC and take the express monorail to EPCOT- it saves a lot of time. I know the monorails have had some closures and issues, but hopefully that express monorail is running now.

I think you will be happy with any of them. We love all of them and it is a hard choice to pick between them. Our last few trips were during the Food & Wine festival and the EPCOT area always gets DH's vote that time of year.

I just don’t know where I want to stay! I’ve been to Disney before but have never actually stayed at a resort, so I’m very excited. We’re a couple in our mid 30’s and early 40’s. No kids. Staying for only 3 nights. Been going back and forth between Grand Floridian, Beach Club, and Polynesian. As far as parks go, we’re planning on Epcot, MK, and maybe HS. We love to eat, so hopefully somewhere with great food options. I just keep going back and forth and need to make a decision. Can someone pleeeease offer their opinion to sway me in a certain direction!
I have many GF and Poly visits under my belt. I love to hit the dining at the mono resorts. Lots of options! The resorts are both beautiful too.

Now for BC I would try to sway you to YC instead. Why? One BC has the worst views of any resort. Most also have a fake aka Juliet balcony. BC tends to have more families as well. Since the pools and restaurants etc are shared between the 2 you are not losing anything there. YC has a more adult feel lobby and room with a balcony/patio.

I am not as familiar with Boardwalk area but with Covid I have been doing split stays. We would start with YC or BWI to walk to HS and Epcot and to enjoy the food options in that area,

I have had great stays at YC and BwI but I always miss seeing the castle from my hotel! I also enjoy the electric water pageant and fireworks there too! The bars seen more fun at the mono resorts. ER and Citricos at GF are nice. If it’s warm the pool bars are great! The beach pool you are right at the water. Poly has Tambu, Traders and pool bars. CG at CR does have stand by at the bar which is a quick mono ride away.

it is hard to choose ! Good luck!

Same age but with kids. To me, the kids wouldn't change my mind - Beach Club. The location on the Boardwalk with walking access to Epcot and HS is amazing. We loved it when we went in August. My husband and I would gladly walk around and use the Skyliner also just to explore resorts, etc.

And if you love swimming or relaxing, the pool at BC is great.

We are 2 adults and have stayed at all 3 several times.

All 3 have good pools. (An important consideration for us.) The Beach Club's Stormalong Bay generally is considered the best WDW hotel pool. But it gets very crowded and we sometimes have difficulty finding a seat. The pools at the Grand Floridian and Polynesian can be almost as difficult, but we have had more successful at these.

The Beach Club puts you within easy walking distance of the Boardwalk and the World Showcase at Epcot, probably 2 out of the 3 most adult places at WDW. (The third being Disney Springs.)

Really though, what theme parks do you want to enjoy the most, especially at night? You can take a bus to any theme park. But bus service can be terrible at park closing. If you plan to spend most evenings at the Magic Kingdom, then go with the Poly or Grand Floridian. If you plan to spend most nights at Epcot or Disney's Hollywood Studios, then go with Beach Club.

"Love to eat" with "great food options" screams Beach Club (or Yacht Club) to me. The very short walk from BC/YC to Epcot World Showcase, with its abundance of amazing and diverse dining options, is just a joy.

I think the Beach Club would be best for your wants. You have great food in Epcot, hands down the best quick service places to eat. You are very close to studios. I love Grand Floridian but food options are not as varied.

So I’m no expert and haven’t stayed at any of these but I want to vote for the Polynesian. It is the most unique of any of the hotels. It’s a cool theme and isn’t something most people would find at a hotel near their homes. GF is beautiful but there are beautiful hotels throughout the country and world. And Poly is an original WDW hotel as well.

Stayed at all three. Beach club pool and scenery is beautiful but rooms are run down. GF is great but main pool is packed and the main pool has no hot tub (my family cares). But we love the ambience of GF. But Poly checks all boxes. Clean, beautiful ambience, great pools and close to MK. I love being out on the walkway and seeing the castle!!

Beach club for walking distance to Epcot. Grand Floridian if you want to be closer to Magic Kingdom. The pool at Poly seemed very shallow to me and crowded and a lot more little kids there compared to other deluxes we have stayed at (since you mentioned you have no kids).

Different approach - which theming do you want to experience? Or - which resort has the TS restaurant or lounge you will likely go to?

Those two questions alone would yield different answers for lots of people.

Me? Poly.
My SIL? GF
My Niece? BC

Love to eat means BC to me. Get hoppers and round out every night with Epcot and fireworks and walk home!

I'd do Beach Club. Much more flexibility for the parks and food.
But I did chuckle when I read your post title, because I'm going for a 9 night triple split stay. Poly 3 nights, GF 3 nights, BC 3 nights. Extend your trip and you can stay at all 3! :)

We are die hard Poly fans, but have stayed at GF and are staying at YC for our next trip. I think all 3 resorts are lovely and you aren't going to be disappointed in whatever you choose. Depending on what parks you are choosing for your 3 days might sway a little bit. If 2 of your 3 are going to be Epcot and DHS, then I would probably go with BC/YC for the ease of getting there.

Lots of good advice. But...if I were to choose an Epcot resort for 2 adults only, I would choose BWI or YC. I stayed at BC many, many times when my kids were young and enjoyed the pool. But imo there are more kids at that resort than the other two. I got 'mom!'d out every time I stayed there, by other peoples' kids.

We've stayed at all 3 and as others have said they are all great resorts. With that said, my favorite is the Poly. The GF & BC are nice, but the Poly has such a fun relaxing vibe with a nice tropical atmosphere. The main pool is great (IMO) as it backs up to the beach with the castle in the distance and it's so relaxing walking around at night under the lit tiki torches. You really can't go wrong with any of them, just depends on your preference of theme/decor and which area/parks you enjoy most. Good luck!

I could've written exactly what Eastern did above. We stayed at BC many times as my kids were growing up and it was perfect for us. Now, my kids are older and we prefer YC and we are also getting to like BWI.

As far as Poly versus GF, we've stayed at both several times with our kids. I'm trying to imagine how it would feel without our kids and I think I'd choose the GF for just me and DH, but if our kids were with us I'd probably choose the Poly.

If you have hopping on your tickets, you'd probably really enjoy the Epcot area resorts because it's fun to end each night walking through Epcot countries for drinks/snacks. It's such an easy and beautiful walk back and forth between YC/BC/BWI and Epcot.

I'm another vote for Yacht club. It has all of the benefits of Beach Club and it is more of a convention resort so it tends to be a bit quieter which is nice for an adult only trip. My second choice would be the Grand.

For an adults only I would lean towards the Epcot resorts. We just did a BWI/ GF split stay. GF is absolutely beautiful & the monorail was great! I preferred BWI of the 2. We are staying at YC for the last few days of our upcoming September trip because we love the BW area so much!

Beach Club.

Easier (walking path, Friendship boats and Skyliner access) for both EP and DHS. Nice resort. Nice pool area. Nice lake. BW is vibrant. My DW and I are slightly older than your party. We loved BC. My DS and DD are teens, they loved BC. One small drawback to your party is that there are a lot of families with younger kids there (I think because of the pool), but I really didn't have any conflicts or negatives with the younger kids at BC.

Plus, if you follow the YC/BC page at DIS Boards, Wood Nymph is an active poster on the page and is one of the best poster (IMO) on the entire DIS Boards. Really helpful and gives good information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter