• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Hello! Live from the World!

We used to goto Ghiridelli's often, use AP or coupons for discounts but they increased the prices too much for me, not been for a few years now, we prefer Beaches & Cream.

Sanaa, as I have said before we have planned on going for the past 2 years but changed to somewhere else before going. We have plans to go again next year but everytime I see pics they do nothing for me, same again with yours. Most seem to really like it so its got to be done.

We also have restroom pics, I think Beach club are nicest we have been in.

We used to goto Ghiridelli's often, use AP or coupons for discounts but they increased the prices too much for me, not been for a few years now, we prefer Beaches & Cream.

Sanaa, as I have said before we have planned on going for the past 2 years but changed to somewhere else before going. We have plans to go again next year but everytime I see pics they do nothing for me, same again with yours. Most seem to really like it so its got to be done.

We are the same as you Wayne - always go somewhere else instead of Sanaa. Maybe next year:thumbsup2

I have a lovely memory of going to Ghiradellis at about 10am on a Sunday morning and sitting with an ice cream watching the world go by in Feb 2007. My boys are looking forward to buying and making some cars at Ridemakerz, they have been saving up their money!

That walk looked a really nice thing to do.

Yes, it was quite pleasant really. Obviously not something to go too far out of your way for, but if you're at SSR or OKW (or maybe even DTD as another 5 mins and you're at Westside) then it makes for a nice diversion if you're looking for something different to do on an 'off day'. I had hoped to do the Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge path this trip too but we were running late and it was too close to dusk when we arrived - next time!

Yeah, I can't say Ghiridelli's will become a must do for us but I'm sure one day (eventually) we'll go back and try something else. Like you say though, it's expensive - that Gold Rush was $8.50 or $8.95 before discount (can't remember off top of head).

Re: Sanaa. I know what you mean, we feel the same about Les Chefs de France of all places. I keep seeing people post their good reviews and this trip we did even have an ADR book - we blew it out though as when it came to the day we just plain didn't fancy it. One day, one day...

Oh and yes, the Beach Club loo's are nice too:rotfl2: Also, didn't use them this year but iirc from last year the Restrooms at FW next to the Hoop De Doo were a bit fancy - a big mosaic of horses on the wall of the ladies.

Sorry I didn't get the chance to post anything yesterday. Today is our last day (boo!) and so we've been 'cramming' the last couple of days to fit as much as we can in before we leave (boo!). Will try and post some pics tonight between packing (boo!).

Oh and yes, the Beach Club loo's are nice too:rotfl2: Also, didn't use them this year but iirc from last year the Restrooms at FW next to the Hoop De Doo were a bit fancy - a big mosaic of horses on the wall of the ladies.

I have Hoop Loo pics also, maybe I should start a thread :rotfl2:

Sorry I didn't get the chance to post anything yesterday. Today is our last day (boo!) and so we've been 'cramming' the last couple of days to fit as much as we can in before we leave (boo!). Will try and post some pics tonight between packing (boo!).

Well it certainly has gone quick - I hope you are enjoying yourself today. You can tell us more when you get back to keep the holiday spirit going :)

I have Hoop Loo pics also, maybe I should start a thread :rotfl2:

*giggles*

Well it certainly has gone quick - I hope you are enjoying yourself today. You can tell us more when you get back to keep the holiday spirit going :)

Uh huh, the first week wasn't too bad, but the second week has flown by so fast, I can't believe it's virtually home time already - I need another week!

Today has been another beautiful day with barely a cloud in the sky the whole time, we spent it at our favourite park at our favourite event - Epcot and the Food & Wine Festival (*burps*)

Autumn is definitely coming suddenly though, the last couple of early mornings and late evenings has been a little cooler. Was fine when we left MK at 9:30 last night but by 11pm when we were walking back to our room from DTD I was feeling it a little on my arms. Definitely not cold, but no longer that 'balmy' feeling in the air and the humidity is a distant memory.

Dinner tonight is at the Turf Club, whenever we're at SSR that's now our traditional last night meal so looking forward to that. The packing...less so :(

I will certainly try to finish off the last few days of piccies that I don't manage tonight when I get back home though!

Sunday was a fairly lazy day. Again, we tend to avoid the parks at the weekends if we can and it's a good chance for us to have a little chill out mid-trip.

Very few pictures too I'm afraid as we went grocery shopping and I don't take my camera with me then.

We went to Perkins for breakfast. I can't believe I was here more than a week before I had any Pancakes!

From there we went to Walmart for a few basic snacks and drinks for the room and I also found a few pairs of capri's and shorts I liked. Walmart = the home for stretchy pants, I always do well here :lmao:

I actually hate shopping (I think me and my other half somehow switched chromosomes at one point as he could window shop for England!) and we crashed for an hour or so at the pool just to recover from the trauma ;)

We start to get the munchies and we have no ADR for tonight as I was planning to 'Snack around the Monorail' but we weren't in the mood for drinking. We also toyed with the idea of going to Fantasmic as this would be our only chance to catch it before we leave as we had plans for Thursday. We decided that we weren't really in the mood to go sit on a hard bench for an hour and as we'd seen it plenty of times before that we'd skip it this trip.

After some discussion it was decided that it was a matter of some urgency that we get ourselves some onion rings - and we settled on Beaches and Cream for dinner and jump on the bus to Epcot.

As we walk through the park to get to International Gateway we stop by KaramelleKuche to pick up a couple of treats. We know it's unlikely we'll eat them that night after dinner but it was the only time we knew it was practical to grab something to take away with us being that it was evening and the treats wouldn't melt into globs and we had no plans to do anything after B&C so could take them straight home. Will post pics and verdicts of those on the day we scoffed them :)

Tried and tested...
Beachesburger.jpg

The other half got the same except it was a double burger so I won't bother posting an almost identical picture of that.

I know some people bemoan the fate of the B&C burger and how it's not as good as it used to be but really, it tasted just pretty darn fine to me! Maybe I just have a bad memory and can't remember 'the good old days' well enough :confused3

We actually got ourselves an extra side of Onion Rings too
onionrings-1.jpg

I know you can sub one of the persons fries for rings and then switch it about a bit but then we always grumble and fight (in a good natured sense of course!) about who pinched the most and biggest rings :lmao: it's really just easier to get the extra plate of them now as it stops both of us from whining that way, haha.

It was all as fab as always, we're big fans of Beaches and Cream :)

We weren't really up for a sundae but it felt rude to not have ice cream of some sort so we split a Vanilla Milkshake for dessert - whipped cream, sprinkles and all!
vanillamilkshake.jpg

This was yummy and not so filling as a proper dessert but with all the satisfaction of having ice cream so we were happy!

We weren't there that long and it was pretty quiet (oddly so in fact, even after Illuminations had finished there was still empty tables) but we still saw 2 Kitchen Sinks made. As I have absolutely no shame, so despite being sat at a table I leapt up with my camera to the counter where someone had just left (before they'd even had their plates cleared away too, LOL) and took a quick snap!
kitchensink.jpg

(Like Hitchcock, you even get to see me make a little cameo in the mirror :lmao: )

I shudder to think how many of those things they make a day!

We wander out to the front of the Beach Club and luck is with us and a bus for DTD comes almost straight away. We wander home along our footpath and have an early night.

Have a safe flights home, been great following you around. :)

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it :) When you did your live reports it was a little ray of sunshine for me (us - as I know I wasn't the only person to feel that way) so it was nice to return the favour and share a little bit 'live' magic too.

It's been wonderful keeping up with your daily reports

Thanks for taking the time to do this and have a safe journey home :goodvibes

I've only just joined today after lurking for years but I just wanted to say that I've loved this thread. It's been the next best thing to actually being there ( going back in June 2011). Thanks Disneymad!:goodvibes

Hi Disneymad, I have only just spotted this thread - not sure how I missed it - I am glad you have had such a wonderful trip and thank you so much for posting - I too love Waynes threads and I must say yours are just as great!! so thank you!:thumbsup2

Another huge thank you for taking the time out of your holiday to keep us all updated and feel the magic through your trippy:thumbsup2

We should have been flying tomorrow had we not cancelled this years trip and your report has made me get excited for next year rather than dwelling on whats not to be.:)

Thank you again x

Annette

Hi all!

Thanks so much for the kind words :love: Glad you enjoyed the piccies and updates :)

And a very big welcome to the DIS Almcg! Always nice to see someone de-lurk :)

Just in the airport lounge right now (free wifi - take note Gatwick!) and thought I'd say hello - flight is due to be called shortly and then it's back to the UK I go. At least the weather forecast looks like it might not be too horrible tomorrow morning.

Had a great last night dinner in the Turf Club bar a small snafu with the pager - we waited for about 20-25 mins before we noticed that we it didn't have a little light pulsing on end. After much sneaky peeking at other people's pager and verifying that they did have lights I checked with the podium and sure enough we'd been given a dud and could have gone in ages ago! (They'd actually called for us by name when looking but it happened when we'd gone around the corner to the gift shop for a few minutes, typical!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter