Hellooo!!!

diberry

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know why our moderators aren't very visible? Do you actually look at this board Simon and Zarr aka Joe???

Diana, good for you for bringing this up! I miss the days when Simon would pipe up with his considerable knowledge about DLP (having written the guidebooks and all!!) It will be interesting to see if our fearless leaders pipe up on this thread! I'll add my "helllooooooopooo?????" to yours!!

:jumping1:

It's only since joining the UK Community Board that it's occurred to me that we never hear from our moderators. The moderators on that board join in on a daily basis (in fact one has over 10,000 posts!!!!!). Also it's good to know that someone is keeping an eye on the content. When we had a bit of unpleasantness on this board a few weeks ago I know one member reported it and as far as I know got no response. I also reported it but only got a response when I sent PMs to the moderators. We are pretty good moderators ourselves ;) but what's the point of having non-participating moderators?

ITA. I'm sure Simon is very busy at the moment, but I have never heard from Zarr aka Joe on this board (No offense Z a J - just an observation)

I keep thinking how nice it would be to update the trip report index - but Rob isn't a regular on the DIS now, and only he and the moderators can change it.

I've been meaning to mention this for a while now :rolleyes1 - so well done Diana for bringing this subject up! :)

I can see quite a few areas where things need to be re-arranged and generally sorted (speaking as a control freak :scared1: and obsessive organiser!!!!! ;) ). I'm sure you're right that Simon must be very busy but maybe someone else with more time on their hands should be brought in, although it's a shame we can't benefit from all his insider knowledge these days.

:Pinkbounc Hi girls :flower:
Thought I'd join in calling for the trip reports thread to be updated! :earsboy:
I just love readind them and its so much easier if they are all on one thread.
Jody your trip reports are my absolutr faveourite :cool1:
Its really made me want to try castle club and I also changed my booking from the santa fe to the SL cause your reports made it sound wonderful.

By the way girls..What trouble was there a couple of weeks ago? I have always thought this forum was so freindly have I missed something?

You know what, it is only now that it has been mentioned, noticed the lack of moderators :rolleyes:
Well spotted :cheer2:

Reid

tallym - the thread you asked about was posted on 26th Feb "Engagement" (I hadn't realised it was so long ago!!). ;) I think the members moderated him pretty well!!

My apologies to Zarr aka Joe He has posted on this forum - recently too! :blush:

I guess this board doesn't need much moderating - apart from THE February incident ;) But it would be great to get the trip report index updated - we are missing easy links to many great reports.

Some FAQs for the other hotels would be nice too!!!

Well you're very generous Bexx but 5 posts in the last 12 months on this board isn't a huge input for a moderator (or anyone else for that matter!!!!!!) :rotfl:

Thanks Diana!! :) But I didn't want to be accused of getting my facts wrong and being unfair!!

Thanks Diana! :flower:
I was just being nosy really as I must have missed it. :blush:

On another note... I think another faq thread on a different hotel is an excellent idea. :earsgirl:
I've read the Disneyland hotel thread and also the Newport thread but A New York or Sequoia thread would be really useful.
Also the school holidays thread is a bit out of date! :rolleyes:

Tallym, you're quite right! I posted a link to a site with school holidays info this morning, after Diana started this thread. It's the last post on the Sticky.

Thats brilliant becky..I just had a peek, very useful indeed. Thanks for that! :banana:

I just realized that I didn't even know who the moderators for this board was. I've been relying on the postings of members who have been so helpful that i forgot to even look for moderators' postings. :rotfl:

Becky...thanx for updating the school holidays thread. :goodvibes

Hmmm... I would think Simon might have put in a couple of cents on this thread by now. Should we worry about his health and welfare before we get annoyed at him? :sad2: :worried: :sad:
Simon... come BAAAACCCK!!!!

By the way..Kaygela! I'm going on an Alaskan cruise around the same time as you! Can I PEM you about this?

Me again.... I started getting myself worried, so I decided to email Simon. I got an automatic message back saying his "mailbox is full". So now I'm REALLY worried! Yikes, maybe something has happened to him! :sad2: Should we email Pete Werner and see what's up? Since Diana started this thread I've started to feel that we are the neglected children of the DIS boards! :)
Seriously though... does Simon's silence and his full mailbox worry anyone else or is just me being obsessive??

Jody. Simon's obviously okay - he's posted on one of the UK forums today!!

But what about us!??! We need some reassurance here - not to mention some stickys updating :teeth:

Jody - I wouldn't worry too much, I seem to remember a post from Simon on the UK boards not too long ago. I bet he gets lots of PMs from people too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter