Help! First trip to WDW with Partially sighted daughter

philnkels

Earning My Ears
Hi there,
This will be our first trip to WDW, in just a few weeks now.
My daughter (9 yrs) is visually imparied and registered as Partially sighted, having only a small amount of vision from just one eye.
Could someone suggest what we should do at the parks when we arrive? What rides would be unsuitable for her, and what do you think she may get the most enjoyment from?
kind regards Kelly

Our daughter is visually impaired and also has cp. She enjoys almost everything at WDW and I imagine your daughter wiil too. She doesn't like the mountains or anything really fast but that has to do with her cp not her vision problems.

The one thing I would do at shows is approach a CM at the entrance and explain that it would help to be closer to the front. For many of the shows that just means waiting toward one area during the preshows and you can actually often figure it out yourself. But if in doubt, ask a CM.

Have a great time!

We went to WDW in October with our legally blind daughter who is nine. Emilee had been to Disney several times in the past but this was her first visit since she started losing her vision. We received at GAC and were able to have a front row seat for the shows. This was very helpful. I don't think there are any rides that your daughter could not do because of her sight. Emilee did all of them. My husband and I were very concerned about the moving platforms at you need to step onto for many rides but quickly figured out a sloution that worked for Emilee. We would just count for her and
on 3 she knew to step. I think you will have a wonderful time and I think you daughter will be able to enjoy everything Disney has to offer. Feel free to
PM me is you have any other questions.
Kelly :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter