Help for New Pin Traders

I just received a lot of 25 pins that I purchased on ebay. I did a lot of reading before I selected a seller. I decided to go with a seller that a couple from this board had good experiences with. All the pins are in great condition & I was able to find them all on pinpics, but almost half are from DLR. We are going to WDW. Will this make a difference in trading them there? Also, probably half say that there have been unauthorized sales of some pins from China and there is no way to verify their authenticity. That really makes me wonder if they are fake? Any thoughts?

I just received a lot of 25 pins that I purchased on ebay. I did a lot of reading before I selected a seller. I decided to go with a seller that a couple from this board had good experiences with. All the pins are in great condition & I was able to find them all on pinpics, but almost half are from DLR. We are going to WDW. Will this make a difference in trading them there? Also, probably half say that there have been unauthorized sales of some pins from China and there is no way to verify their authenticity. That really makes me wonder if they are fake? Any thoughts?

You are fine with the pins, you can trade WDW pins at DLR and vise versa. As long as the pin depicts something Disney and has the (c) Disney on the back, they are tradable.

The only way that you are certain that you have an authentic Disney pin is if you physically purchase it from WDW, DLR, The Disney Store etc yourself. The only way to tell the fakes from the real thing is to compare the one that you have from one purchased at WDW etc. Many fakes look that good.

Have fun!

I had a Bday party for the kids a couple of years ago and they wanted to do pin trading. We made some ribbon lanyards and each kid got a couple of pins. Anyway, I had some left over and just dug them out. They are the propins, Not bad, just a smaller pin. The back says Disney. But some of the cards look like they are in German.

Now, why Kirsta wanted Pin Trading at her Disney Bday party is beyond me, becuase at the time, she wasn't interested in Pin Trading. Our last trip, she started to go to CM and other guests to see if they wanted to trade. Can she use these pins to trade with?

So, DD, her best friend, DH and I are going to Disney in about 3 weeks :cool1: ! I belive that the girls will want to do pin trading at the parks and have been picking up pins now and again over the last 6 months. I got 4 or 5 at The Disney store and got 2 at the Disney Sodar FOuntain shoppe.

I plan on buying 1 new pin per girl for memories and to get each a lanyard/pin set when we get to disney. This way i figure they will have about 6-7 pins each to trade with cast members. since i have no idea of what an equal trade is i am going to discourage them from trading with other guests. I don't want someone else to get stiffed.

Anyway. Do yuo all think this will be enough? we are casual pin folks but last time we went DD got a lanyward and bought about 7 pins as 'memories' from her trip and i know that she would like some from this trip as well. I figure if she can trade for some instead of spending all that money why not right?

So is thsi enough? Should i try to get one of those grab bags? Or stick to my gut which says leave well enough alone? (but the other part of me wants to get more...)

Thanks
Lara

I had a Bday party for the kids a couple of years ago and they wanted to do pin trading. We made some ribbon lanyards and each kid got a couple of pins. Anyway, I had some left over and just dug them out. They are the propins, Not bad, just a smaller pin. The back says Disney. But some of the cards look like they are in German.

Now, why Kirsta wanted Pin Trading at her Disney Bday party is beyond me, becuase at the time, she wasn't interested in Pin Trading. Our last trip, she started to go to CM and other guests to see if they wanted to trade. Can she use these pins to trade with?

As long as they depict something Disney and have the (C) Disney you shouldn't have any problems. However, I have heard some rumors of some CM's not taking Propins or Sedesma pins etc. Just an FYI.

So, DD, her best friend, DH and I are going to Disney in about 3 weeks :cool1: ! I belive that the girls will want to do pin trading at the parks and have been picking up pins now and again over the last 6 months. I got 4 or 5 at The Disney store and got 2 at the Disney Sodar FOuntain shoppe.

I plan on buying 1 new pin per girl for memories and to get each a lanyard/pin set when we get to disney. This way i figure they will have about 6-7 pins each to trade with cast members. since i have no idea of what an equal trade is i am going to discourage them from trading with other guests. I don't want someone else to get stiffed.

Anyway. Do yuo all think this will be enough? we are casual pin folks but last time we went DD got a lanyward and bought about 7 pins as 'memories' from her trip and i know that she would like some from this trip as well. I figure if she can trade for some instead of spending all that money why not right?

So is thsi enough? Should i try to get one of those grab bags? Or stick to my gut which says leave well enough alone? (but the other part of me wants to get more...)

Thanks
Lara

My opinion would be to definitely get more. With trading, it's definitely better to have too many than not enough. When you trade you will always trade for some really nice ones that you may want to keep.Then you hit the problem of what to keep and what to trade later on in the trip because more nice pins will come around.

Head to e-bay, do a little research, and pick up a lot of pins of 20-25. You should be able to get them at $2-$3 a pin for some nice ones. If you want a couple of good e-bay sellers feel free to PM me. This is the cheaper way to go instead of buying sets at WDW to trade. You definitely get more for less money via e-bay. Just be wary of who you are buying from and what you are getting.

Have fun.

PS. Keep an eye out for CM's with green lanyards as they can only trade with kids.

we are new...is there someplace/site that we can go to that would tell us if these pins my kids have collected over the years are worth anything?

we are new...is there someplace/site that we can go to that would tell us if these pins my kids have collected over the years are worth anything?

www.pinpics.com is a good start to check out your pins. There is no "price guide" or site that provides pin prices. On pinpics.com you can look up your pin and check out the # of people who want vs the # who are trading. If the # of those that want are greater than those trading, you got a decent pin. The greater the difference, the better the pin and the harder it is to find usually for example. This is a good starting place.

If you want to get an idea of value, check e-bay. Find the pin(s) that you have and check what they are selling for or have sold for.

Hope that helps.

the only place where you can check what things sell for would be finished auctions on ebay

If you go on the movie club website , there is a pin section . They list all the pins you can but. I don't reccomend the movie club pin book though , because the pages are to thick & the backs keep falling off.

Yes, it is 2 per day per CM. I normally only trade 1 per CM but if they have a couple of pins that catch my eye, then I will trade 2. If I traded 2 per CM, I would be out of pins in no time. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter