Help Me Decide between Pop and CBR

tracylynnhare

Earning my ears, again! Lol, Haven't been on here
Family trip in September. See signatures for ages. Trying to decide if the pool at CBR
1) is done with the refurbishment
2) is worth $800/room more?

I would appreciate your thoughts!!

So while I think $800 is a good chunk of change, the questions you need to ask yourselves is-
  1. will you be at the pool alot, if so, yes CBR could be a better option than the POP pool for the kids ages
  2. will you plan to be in your room a lot or out and about/at the parks, if yes, then CBR could be a better choice but if you're go, go go all the time, where you sleep/shower really is not super critical.
  3. travel to/from parks- CBR has about 8 bus stops so if you'll be at MK/AK or using buses when the skyliner is down, you need to be heads up on how that process can take some time. Buses at POP are more convenient.
  4. Do you mind walking......CBR is HUGE and much more spread out than POP so consider that in your plans for you and the kids and room selection. If you go CBR, I like Jamaica, close to skyliner/bus stop and a 5 min walk to the lobby/pool.
Overall, they're both great resorts. For the kids ages, I think Pop is perfect and on par with theming but if they like slides, CBR is where it's at. Weigh out your pros/cons and go from there.

So while I think $800 is a good chunk of change, the questions you need to ask yourselves is-
  1. will you be at the pool alot, if so, yes CBR could be a better option than the POP pool for the kids ages
  2. will you plan to be in your room a lot or out and about/at the parks, if yes, then CBR could be a better choice but if you're go, go go all the time, where you sleep/shower really is not super critical.
  3. travel to/from parks- CBR has about 8 bus stops so if you'll be at MK/AK or using buses when the skyliner is down, you need to be heads up on how that process can take some time. Buses at POP are more convenient.
  4. Do you mind walking......CBR is HUGE and much more spread out than POP so consider that in your plans for you and the kids and room selection. If you go CBR, I like Jamaica, close to skyliner/bus stop and a 5 min walk to the lobby/pool.
Overall, they're both great resorts. For the kids ages, I think Pop is perfect and on par with theming but if they like slides, CBR is where it's at. Weigh out your pros/cons and go from there.
I am thinking Pop too. We have two rooms so it would really be $1600 more. I think that’s crazy. I have never stayed at CBR so while I was wanting to do something different I definitely like the idea of a smaller resort.

We are very much “going all the time” Disney people. We don’t spend much time in the room at all. I was looking at the ticket pricing and I think it would be much better to add the “plus” to my hopper and hit the water park for one of our down days. The difference is only about $50 per ticket and that $300 is looking a lot better!

Thanks for all your tips and for the feedback!

Debating the same thing right now.
CB is more peaceful. Pop gives me energy.
I prefer the queue for the busses at POP. No jostling for position and the drama of who got there before the other.
The Skyliner is more convenient at CB than at POP, because the Riviera station can be just as close as the CB station (depending on the bldg). I really like visiting Riviera for coffee at Le Petit Cafe, and the quick serve is good also.
If I picked POP, other than saving money, it would probably be due to the old air conditioning units in CB. It was loud at night.
ETA: Since didn't actually address the question:o, no I don't think the pool is worth an extra $800.

Last edited:

I don't think it's worth the extra money. They are young, so the POP pool I think would be fine. If you have to take a bus, it's better at the POP. Heck, for that much money you all could go to a waterpark and still have money left over.

Pop, CBR is way too spread out and the rooms are outdated. They are starting to redo some of them.

Did Pop last April, doing CBR in 10 days. Choice was were having two non park days to actually use the resort. So it seems like a good deal for us.

Debating the same thing right now.
CB is more peaceful. Pop gives me energy.
I prefer the queue for the busses at POP. No jostling for position and the drama of who got there before the other.
The Skyliner is more convenient at CB than at POP, because the Riviera station can be just as close as the CB station (depending on the bldg). I really like visiting Riviera for coffee at Le Petit Cafe, and the quick serve is good also.
If I picked POP, other than saving money, it would probably be due to the old air conditioning units in CB. It was loud at night.
ETA: Since didn't actually address the question:o, no I don't think the pool is worth an extra $800.
Thank you! I have about decided that it definitely isn’t worth it. We have two rooms and it would be $800 more for each room. I guess I just wanted to make sure I wouldn’t be missing something “super”. Lol.

We have stayed at Pop and enjoyed it so I guess we will do that again!

Could you maybe rent a larger DVC room . Then you get extra evening hours, nice pools and hot tubs. Possible washer/dryer.

Could you maybe rent a larger DVC room . Then you get extra evening hours, nice pools and hot tubs. Possible washer/dryer.
I did consider it! Just not sure we all want to be in the "same" room for that many days! Haha

I just stayed at Pop last week. The rooms are really comfortable and well done. We chose one preferred and one standard. They were practically next to each other in building #10. I wasted $20/night for the preferred room.

I just stayed at Pop last week. The rooms are really comfortable and well done. We chose one preferred and one standard. They were practically next to each other in building #10. I wasted $20/night for the preferred room.
Dang! I booked them both preferred. That is like a $400 difference for as many days as we are staying with both rooms! I might have to look into changing to a regular room and requesting a building/area!!

Dang! I booked them both preferred. That is like a $400 difference for as many days as we are staying with both rooms! I might have to look into changing to a regular room and requesting a building/area!!
I would not make that switch. You could get lucky and get what you want, but with two rooms it's harder to get what you request and then you could be stuck with the furthest room from everything. The other poster probably got lucky with room location because it was listed that they were traveling with the preferred room so the assigner tried to place them together.

We did not do the online check-in. We also got to the front desk about 12:30 PM. Since we were traveling as a pair, it is possible the CM tried to keep our rooms closer together. But being in-person allowed me to see the proposed room locations and discuss with the CM.

I am thinking Pop too. We have two rooms so it would really be $1600 more. I think that’s crazy. I have never stayed at CBR so while I was wanting to do something different I definitely like the idea of a smaller resort.

We are very much “going all the time” Disney people. We don’t spend much time in the room at all. I was looking at the ticket pricing and I think it would be much better to add the “plus” to my hopper and hit the water park for one of our down days. The difference is only about $50 per ticket and that $300 is looking a lot better!

Thanks for all your tips and for the feedback!
CBR is just too big for us. It's a hike to get anywhere and we really detest the mult. bus routes.

If available we always book standard at Pop and then request certain bldgs. To us it's never been worth paying for a cpl. hundred feet one way or the other.

We were at POP last week for 8 nights. Our previous 3 stays have been at CBR. Like everyone else says, the single bus stop at POP is more convenient than the multiple CBR bus stops by a factor of 3x.

The extra five minute ride on the Skyliner to the CBR station is not a significant time cost. The transfers at CBR station were never more than a couple of minutes. We really love the Skyliner. If I were Disney CEO, there would be orders issued this afternoon to expand the system property-wide.

The POP room we stayed in was actually more efficient than CBR, with a desk setup that ideal for my laptop.

The pools at CBR seem to have a better theming, but we never use any of them, so our opinion there is not relevant.

The money saving is nice, but even if the price were the same, we would likely never stay at CBR again.

Did Pop last April, doing CBR in 10 days. Choice was were having two non park days to actually use the resort. So it seems like a good deal for us.
We do something similar with non-park days. Some times 2 or 3 half days or a day or 2 full days. The pools and other amenities are important on those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter