• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me with onboard booking order, please!?

Bsmitty

Mouseketeer
My first time doing onboard bookings is tomorrow at 10pm (my time). My first cruise I didn’t even know about this stuff. Now that I’m DCL obsessed, & have been reading & planning for a year for this...I’m super nervous I won’t get it all figured out tomorrow night, or do it in order of importance.

We’re on the NYE, 7 night Eastern on the Fantasy. I don’t know exactly which events will fall on which days, in order to book accordingly.

If I list the things I’d like to book, can y’all help me figure out the order I should try to book these in & ideally, which days to book them on?

PAT
Palo Brunch
Royal Tea
Character breakfast
Princess gathering
Frozen meet & greet

Am I missing anything? What days should we try to do what?

What is the best “flow” for getting registered, then booking, etc at opening time? Is there weird links to find stuff or is it pretty straightforward?

I was so excited & now I’m a dumb nervous wreck.

Thank you for your advice!

My first time doing onboard bookings is tomorrow at 10pm (my time). My first cruise I didn’t even know about this stuff. Now that I’m DCL obsessed, & have been reading & planning for a year for this...I’m super nervous I won’t get it all figured out tomorrow night, or do it in order of importance.

We’re on the NYE, 7 night Eastern on the Fantasy. I don’t know exactly which events will fall on which days, in order to book accordingly.

If I list the things I’d like to book, can y’all help me figure out the order I should try to book these in & ideally, which days to book them on?

PAT
Palo Brunch
Royal Tea
Character breakfast
Princess gathering
Frozen meet & greet

What is the best “flow” for getting registered, then booking, etc at opening time? Is there weird links to find stuff or is it pretty straightforward?

You need to figure out what's most important for you to get (assuming there's availability for everything) and go for that first. Then #2, #3, etc.

There are 2 different windows that open at the same time (usually). The online check in and the excursion/activity booking windows.

Port Arrival Time is in the online check in process. And, you'll have to fill out all the preceding pages for the PAT page to unlock.

Royal Tea, Character Breakfast, Princess Meet & Greet, and Frozen are all in the activities booking area (Onboard Fun tab).

PAT
Palo Brunch
Royal Tea
Character breakfast
Princess gathering
Frozen meet & greet

We are on this cruise. When I did my check-in, the excursion window was open first. Don't know why but it took over an hour for the check-in window (with the PAT) to open. So that may happen to you and so you would do your excursions/activities first.
Palo Brunch is only on sea days - Sunday, Monday & Thursday. I don't know much about the other things you list, but it looks like they are also only available on Sea days.
You would need to decide what is the most important, then book in that order.
If your check-in window is open at the same time, you need to decide if getting an early PAT is higher priority than activities.

We are on this cruise. When I did my check-in, the excursion window was open first. Don't know why but it took over an hour for the check-in window (with the PAT) to open. So that may happen to you and so you would do your excursions/activities first.
Palo Brunch is only on sea days - Sunday, Monday & Thursday. I don't know much about the other things you list, but it looks like they are also only available on Sea days.
You would need to decide what is the most important, then book in that order.
If your check-in window is open at the same time, you need to decide if getting an early PAT is higher priority than activities.
Thank you! Are you gold or platinum? Do you still see any Palo Brunch spots left open? I hope there still will be for my lowly silver status. Haha!

Thank you! Are you gold or platinum? Do you still see any Palo Brunch spots left open? I hope there still will be for my lowly silver status. Haha!
We are gold. I had a quick look - not sure how many in your party but I could see times on all days for our party of 5. Mon 1st & Thurs 4th had more choices but Sun 31st stll had a couple of spots available. If you are a smaller party you might get even more choices. I don't think you will have too much trouble getting what you want :goodvibes

There's also the wild card, which is that your ports are almost certainly going to change.

Tortola will not be taking ships in December. No way. 50-50 on St. Thomas.

There's also the wild card, which is that your ports are almost certainly going to change.

Tortola will not be taking ships in December. No way. 50-50 on St. Thomas.
Yes there is the risk that we will have a different itinerary. But it's best to have things booked rather than wait to see. By the sounds of it, bookings are being moved around by DCL. Not much we can do except hope that everything works out ok (as far as bookings go).

We are gold. I had a quick look - not sure how many in your party but I could see times on all days for our party of 5. Mon 1st & Thurs 4th had more choices but Sun 31st stll had a couple of spots available. If you are a smaller party you might get even more choices. I don't think you will have too much trouble getting what you want :goodvibes

Awesome. We have just 2 adults, so I’m excited. Do you happen to see if royal tea is offered on multiple sea days or only one of the sea days? I just need to make sure I don’t book those on the same day.

Awesome. We have just 2 adults, so I’m excited. Do you happen to see if royal tea is offered on multiple sea days or only one of the sea days? I just need to make sure I don’t book those on the same day.
I can see it is offered on Sun 31st & Thurs 4th. But it's not showing on Monday, so that may be booked up.

Thank you so much for checking that for me! Last question, I swear... is that something with multiple times per day or just one time?

I can see it is offered on Sun 31st & Thurs 4th. But it's not showing on Monday, so that may be booked up.

Even if you don't get Palo booked when you do your online check in you will most likely be able to book it once onboard, especially for 2 adults. They hold back some reservation spots and those can be booked after you board at the time and place listed for the dining changes venue that will be in the Navigator you will get at check in at the terminal.

MJ

Thank you so much for checking that for me! Last question, I swear... is that something with multiple times per day or just one time?
That one I can't answer. I can see it's available, but not times as we don't have any kids in the right age group. I'm not 100% sure but I think, from reading on here, that it is one time. Maybe someone else will be able to answer that with correct information lol.
Good luck with getting everything you want :).

Awesome. I figured there would be multiple times for Palo (hoped). I’m just not sure about the Royal Tea times per day. If it’s offeted just once, or multiple time slots per day it’s offered.
There are multiple times for seating at brunch. I believe it starts around 10:30 and ends at 2:30-3:00?

Thank you so much for your help! See you on that beautiful ship!!

That one I can't answer. I can see it's available, but not times as we don't have any kids in the right age group. I'm not 100% sure but I think, from reading on here, that it is one time. Maybe someone else will be able to answer that with correct information lol.
Good luck with getting everything you want :).

For the PAT, to get through the pages quicker so you can pick your time, you can pick whatever option that needs the least info and then go back later and correct everything. So, for example, arrival by car (don't need to enter flight information) and driver's license as your ID (no need to enter passport numbers).

We recently had our 75 day booking window for our upcoming cruise. If you are already silver, you will probably have better luck. I was online right at midnight EST. For the onboard activities, I was able to get in right away. The online checkin for PAT was about 10-15 minutes later before it was available. On our cruise, Princess and Frozen M&G were already sold out at 75 days. I was able to get character breakfast, BBB and Royal Tea, but only on a port day, not a sea day. So I had to change my port day plans. I've been checking back to look for openings for the M&G, but no luck yet. I will try with Guest Services when we board. Our earliest available PAT was 11:30.

If you are 2 adults, I don't think you can book Royal Tea. I believe you need to include at least one child.

If you are 2 adults, I don't think you can book Royal Tea. I believe you need to include at least one child.

Yep. While adults CAN book the meet and greet (Princess and Frozen), they cannot book the tea. Maybe someone in your meet has a kid dying to go you could adopt for the afternoon?

Yep. While adults CAN book the meet and greet (Princess and Frozen), they cannot book the tea. Maybe someone in your meet has a kid dying to go you could adopt for the afternoon?
I think, but may be wrong, she was saying she is a party of 2 for Palo. Her profile pic has a girl in it who I am presuming is her daughter, or at least cruising with her. But as I said I may be wrong lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter