• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help, please! Questions re: cancelling Oogie Boogie Bash tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
Hi,
We are seriously considering cancelling our Disneyland trip.
I wanted to confirm that the 5 day park hopper park tickets will just sit in my account (unused of course) and can be applied to an AP? I understand I will lose all my park reservations but that's fine if we're not going anyway.

I also have Oogie Boogie Bash tickets. Am I just out the money?

I don't believe there is any way to get your money back on party tickets. I've heard of people switching for a different day, but since it's SOLD OUT, it would be doubtful.

In a similar boat. Tomorrow is our last day to cancel with full refund and with covid numbers being what they are we may end up canceling. We are pretty sure we will have to eat the cost of the party tickets but I guess it won't hurt calling and seeing if they can do anything. But honestly I don't imagine they would refund party tickets since its our choice not to go. If it was cancelled by disney due to another lockdown or something I'm sure we would get refunded but alas *Shrugs*

I would call and explain the concern about Delta. I know they never give refunds on party tickets, but since Delta is getting worse and many people are being told not to travel, I think they might make an exception. I also think if they list the tickets for sale again, they will be sold in less than a day.

If they refuse and you paid with a credit card, you can always go through your credit card for a refund. Beyond that, you can certainly give your tickets away.

I've received refunds on tours before, took a bit on the phone to get it. They initially said no, but after a calm conversation they refunded. I would think with your concerns they would consider it.

I'd call Disney. I've been refunded in the past. It doesn't hurt to ask.
It definitely doesn't, but in the interest of being transparent with the OP, I have seen from many, many people that due to the pandemic, Disney is being really strict on no refunds. They seem to be taking the line of " You knew this was a possibility, and agreed to the T&Cs anyways". I'm not saying in any way this is okay, they just seem to particular inflexible this year.

I would call first to see if you can get a refund. They can easily resell those tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter