Here is how you can best voice your displeasure (or approval) regarding the Genie/Genie+ Service

I received a reply email from Disney. No phone call. If we all keep this up and continue to email them, maybe we can make a difference. At the very least, I'd love to see Genie+ have ALL rides included. Do I hate paying for this? Yes. But paying and not getting the premium rides included??? Rip off.

And I did respond that we cut our December WDW trip in half and will spend that time at Universal, which is true. I was able to add an extra day and night and keep the price for the trip the same. That's the VALUE of Universal vs Disney. At least for now, until bunches of people switch to Universal and drive up demand and price.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We are always evaluating and refining our offerings and creating new ideas to build upon Disney stories. This philosophy is in keeping with Walt Disney’s vision for continuing to grow and evolve, giving Guests a mixture of familiar and new experiences with each visit. It is clear that you are passionate about our Resort, and I am glad that you took the time to share your perspective with us. Our Guests’ feedback is vital throughout our Resort in preserving the magical experience that we so strongly wish to deliver. Please know that your comments are being shared with the appropriate Leadership as we continue to explore new ways for Guests to enjoy their visits in the future.

Although the Disney FastPass+ service will be retired, I hope you'll take a moment to read a little bit more about the flexibility and choices that the new Disney Genie Service will provide. Even for our expert Theme Park navigators, there are some really great features that will help you maximize your time and make the most of your day for free. Check out the video in the link I provided for more about that. You can choose from all of our new options such as the complimentary Disney Genie Service or the paid Disney Genie+ service, a mix of them or none at all, and continue to have a great experience no matter how you decide to plan your best Disney day.

This service was designed to allow our Guests to have more flexibility during their visit and includes features such as a personalized itinerary that will quickly and seamlessly map out an entire day, creating your very own personal tip board to instantly see your favorite Attraction wait-times at a glance, and bringing existing planning features together in one place.

While we strive to keep our Guests’ experience fresh and unique throughout the years, our Guests’ feedback is vital throughout our Resort in preserving the magical experience that we so strongly wish to deliver. Please know that your comments are being shared with the appropriate Leadership as we continue to explore new ways for Guests to enjoy their visits in the future.

Chris, thank you again for sharing your honest feedback. We sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to entertain you soon.

Warm regards,

Kelly Zupan
Sales & Solutions
Walt Disney World Resort

cast member email back.
1. Hit replay
2. Copy paste response
3. Cast member talking to themselves after they hit send “oh no I forgot to take out the xxxx’s for dear xxxx’s to the persons real name. Ahhh no big deal they are ready know zero thought went into the reply”
4. Rinse repeat for 8 hr shift.

You know what really stinks about this. What if you have a group. I’m the gatekeeper for my parents. They are on my account pretty much as 2 kids. I buy thier tickets. I book thier room. No way you are going to be able to get 6 people on a ride at one time. I might have to send them one way is the other way. Or 3 of us one way 3 of us another way. Or maybe 6 of us in different directions!

My kid doesn’t want to be reminded of his condition with every ride he gets on. We did it once and he was miserable because he didn’t think it was fair. And that was an 8 year old.

So what you're saying is you cancelled due to covid fear, and also don't like the new system that nobody has even seen or tried yet. Am I close?

I don't understand your logic otherwise. You don't like the "severe class system" and your kid doesn't like the DAS because that's not fair either. That's a tough dichotomy to reconcile.

I don't mean to sound judgemental but perhaps you're overreacting just a bit? Maybe try the new system once and then cancel? It'll be around for a while. How long will you wait for it to go away?

You know what really stinks about this. What if you have a group. I’m the gatekeeper for my parents. They are on my account pretty much as 2 kids. I buy thier tickets. I book thier room. No way you are going to be able to get 6 people on a ride at one time. I might have to send them one way is the other way. Or 3 of us one way 3 of us another way. Or maybe 6 of us in different directions!

How do you even know that before it's launched?

I don’t. I’m just thinking out loud of some issues that might really make it hard. That’s all.

You literally said "no way you are going to be able to get 6 people on a ride at one time" when people have gotten ROTR boarding groups for like a dozen people. You could get similar times for people with FP and FP+ all the time.

Don't bleed before you get shot. Most of these scenarios people are inventing could not even happen. There's no use in worrying about something before you need to.

People, the parks were getting too busy. They have to start to price people out. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings. Fewer people in the parks actually increases the experience for the people who accepted the increases and paid more to be there. They will cater to the guests that can fork over more money, always. End of story. This is the way of the world. It will always make more sense to make more money off of fewer people. And hey, if the same amount of people keep coming, at the higher prices, then that's even better for Disney.

Take a look at the world around you. Everything is going up. I've done it in my own business. Increases in overhead costs, whether it be payroll, supplies, or goods to be sold, will always be passed on to the consumer. Have you noticed what a Big Mac costs now that all the fast food workers are getting paid $15 an hour??

And not for nothing, they don't want everyone purchasing Genie+. Actually, I'm shocked it's not more than the $15. If everyone buys it, then there will be no advantage and it will seem "not worth it". I'm reserving my judgement until it all plays out. I don't think they've released enough info yet. To my knowledge, they haven't even released what rides will even be on the Genie+ "list". My guess is more people than you think are going to happily fork over the money.
(we were at Cedar Point this summer and paid over $100 per person per day in addition to park tickets for their "Fast Lane" and still had to wait 20+ minutes most rides- gasp!)

The argument about this creating a "severe class-system"?? Seriously people. You're talking about a Disney vacation. Do you have any idea the number of people that can't even afford to get their families there in the first place? Now you're upset because you got there and other people can afford more than you? Really, this is life. Some people drive nicer cars, live in nicer homes. This is just an absolutely ridiculous small-minded argument. There will always be someone else with more than you in life. This is a YOU problem, not a Disney problem.

Personally, my husband and I have been feeling for a few years that Disney isn't "worth it". But my kids love it and I love making them happy. I wholly believe my money would be better spent elsewhere; but for now, that's where we keep going back to. When their wants change, or if we simply can no longer afford it, our vacation choices will too. It's really that simple.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm shocked it's not more than the $15.
I think that is exactly the intended effect. Start at a low introductory price to reduce the shock factor, and get people hooked. I mean Maxpass went from $10/day to $20/day, meaning it doubled in price in only 2.5 years. This is my own speculation, but I see absolutely no reason Disney wouldn't do the same with Genie+.

While not a fan of paying for what used to be free, I think everyone knew this was coming.
As opposed to all the negative comments, I am willing to wait and see how this works. After that, I may like it, love it or hate it.
But, you have to wait and see how it works. It has possibilities that people who don't come to WDW frequently may love.
Or, it may be typical Disney IT and be terrible.
Hoping for the best, planning for the worst.

Okay, there is too much to unpack in your post than I can handle at 6am without sleeping, so I'm going to focus on the part about McDonald's.

Take a look at the world around you. Everything is going up. I've done it in my own business. Increases in overhead costs, whether it be payroll, supplies, or goods to be sold, will always be passed on to the consumer. Have you noticed what a Big Mac costs now that all the fast food workers are getting paid $15 an hour??

Taking a look at the world around me, Denmark (as of March 2021), pays their workers about $22/hr.
According to a database that keeps track of Big Mac prices around the world (converted to U.S. currency), the Big Mac price in Denmark is $4.74, which is a full $0.91 LESS than the pricing of the Big Mac in the U.S. ($5.65).
McDonald's is raising the wage for workers but only for company-owned locations. The increase does NOT include the franchises, which makes up 95% of their U.S. locations.

So, wages are not increasing at 95% of McDonalds in the U.S. but the price is still higher than the price in Denmark AND Denmark McDonald's pays all of their employees considerably more. The logic of higher priced burgers because 5% of locations are raising base wages is inconsistent with the facts.
The facts show that a global, successfull, company can still offer fair prices and gain profit, which McDonald's has done by 7.5% for their global sales.
So ... why raise prices? Because global companies can be greedy.
This article basically says prices are rising at McDonald's because they finally phased out the dollar menu.

How does this relate to Disney? Well, your argument is that everything is increasing, particularly because more money is being shelled out to employers/inflation, thus the company passes it on to the consumers. This is exactly right for smaller businesses, but Disney, nor McDonald's is a small business.
Disney, like McDonalds, has increased profits for their parks by Q3 2021, BEFORE any of this new, extra pricing is even in play. So, why keep nickel and diming us? Cause corporate wants even more money.
THAT is the reason why so many are having a problem with these new implementations that cost more while receiving less than when we it was free or less cost. It's disgusting and really hurts the soul of what Disney represents. Yeah, it is a (big) business, but even small businesses know to give their customers a little something extra to keep them coming back and Disney isn't giving it right now, it is taking away perks and/or taking money by charging for previously free perks.

Okay, there is too much to unpack in your post than I can handle at 6am without sleeping, so I'm going to focus on the part about McDonald's.

Taking a look at the world around me, Denmark (as of March 2021), pays their workers about $22/hr.
According to a database that keeps track of Big Mac prices around the world (converted to U.S. currency), the Big Mac price in Denmark is $4.74, which is a full $0.91 LESS than the pricing of the Big Mac in the U.S. ($5.65).
McDonald's is raising the wage for workers but only for company-owned locations. The increase does NOT include the franchises, which makes up 95% of their U.S. locations.

So, wages are not increasing at 95% of McDonalds in the U.S. but the price is still higher than the price in Denmark AND Denmark McDonald's pays all of their employees considerably more. The logic of higher priced burgers because 5% of locations are raising base wages is inconsistent with the facts.
The facts show that a global, successfull, company can still offer fair prices and gain profit, which McDonald's has done by 7.5% for their global sales.
So ... why raise prices? Because global companies can be greedy.
This article basically says prices are rising at McDonald's because they finally phased out the dollar menu.

How does this relate to Disney? Well, your argument is that everything is increasing, particularly because more money is being shelled out to employers/inflation, thus the company passes it on to the consumers. This is exactly right for smaller businesses, but Disney, nor McDonald's is a small business.
Disney, like McDonalds, has increased profits for their parks by Q3 2021, BEFORE any of this new, extra pricing is even in play. So, why keep nickel and diming us? Cause corporate wants even more money.
THAT is the reason why so many are having a problem with these new implementations that cost more while receiving less than when we it was free or less cost. It's disgusting and really hurts the soul of what Disney represents. Yeah, it is a (big) business, but even small businesses know to give their customers a little something extra to keep them coming back and Disney isn't giving it right now, it is taking away perks and/or taking money by charging for previously free perks.
Exactly what I said in my previous post. It’s a money grab, no matter what kind of spin Disney puts on this. Some of us, will afford this, a lot can’t not but will take on debt to do it just because, others won’t go and present Disney administration understands that. I just personally don’t like the way we are getting less but paying more.

Personally, my husband and I have been feeling for a few years that Disney isn't "worth it". But my kids love it and I love making them happy. I wholly believe my money would be better spent elsewhere; but for now, that's where we keep going back to. When their wants change, or if we simply can no longer afford it, our vacation choices will too. It's really that simple.

Isn't that basically what people are saying? The addition of having to pay for G+ and any LL attractions is either going to make people not be able to afford Disney any longer, or make them feel that the value is not there for what they will pay.
Most people understand that prices rise, the cost of a Disney vacation has never stayed the same or gone down, that isn't what most of the complaints are about. It's more about taking away what was special, what gave an already expensive vacation more value over other destinations, what made WDW stand above other places.
This for my family of 5 is the straw that broke the camel's back, we will no longer spend our vacation dollars for what we feel is a vacation that's not worth them.
I am not one to voice my displeasure to the company, that's what venting on a message board is for.
People are venting, they understand how the world works there is no need to lecture them. Just because for you this isn't something that will make you change your vacation choices, for some it is. So who has the small minded argument here?

You literally said "no way you are going to be able to get 6 people on a ride at one time" when people have gotten ROTR boarding groups for like a dozen people. You could get similar times for people with FP and FP+ all the time.

Don't bleed before you get shot. Most of these scenarios people are inventing could not even happen. There's no use in worrying about something before you need to.
Ok sorry. Shouldn’t have used “no way” but you used “all the time”. And there have been “a percent” of times during busy seasons that getting 6 people on flight of passage, slinky dog, mine train has been difficult and not happened all together. And that is getting in first thing when allowed for a trip and booking rides in a certain order and by day based on number of days staying. I know the tips and tricks and “at times” it doesn’t happen.

it’s not my first time at this rodeo. I have been here 50 plus times over my lifetime.
If I have to pay to make the trip work out I will. But it would be nice to be able to put that money to use in other ways. Yes I know it’s a choice. So for now I sit back. Enjoy the beach more. Enjoy being on the boat fishing more and when I see how it works out we go back.

so again I’ll choose my words more carefully from now on.
Thanks!

Ok here's mine.......

Dear Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to email us.

I'm sorry that you're concerned about the announcement of our Disney Genie+ service. As you've frequently visited our Resort, I can understand that you've come to understand the benefits of our Disney FastPass+ service and the ability to plan for your trip. Your frustration is understandable and I sincerely apologize for your disappointment.

I hope it's some comfort to know that our Disney Genie+ service was designed to provide Guests with an improved experience and there are many details that have yet to be shared. That being said, I want you to know that we absolutely rely on input from our Guests to help us determine when the changes we make should remain ad when we should implement something different. You can rest assured that I've shared your comments with the appropriate Leadership within our Resort so that your feedback can be considered with future decisions.

Linda, thank you again for reaching out.

Sincerely,

Emily Bristow
Sales & Solutions
Walt Disney World Resort

My kid doesn’t want to be reminded of his condition with every ride he gets on. We did it once and he was miserable because he didn’t think it was fair. And that was an 8 year old.
Is it possible that you think he needs more of an accommodation that he does? If your child feels comfortable using the regular lines, let him try. You can always go back to customer service to get DAS if you find it would help.

That is not actually true. While McDonalds franchises are not forced to pay a certain wage by Mcdonalds Corporation, you would be hard pressed to find any single McDonalds in the US who has not significantly raised the wages in the last year to combat the labor shortage. So yes, 95% of McD's are not paying a wage set by corporation, 100% of them have raised wages in the last year.

That is not actually true. While McDonalds franchises are not forced to pay a certain wage by Mcdonalds Corporation, you would be hard pressed to find any single McDonalds in the US who has not significantly raised the wages in the last year to combat the labor shortage. So yes, 95% of McD's are not paying a wage set by corporation, 100% of them have raised wages in the last year.
Sources?

Disney invested millions into this APP. Its not going anywhere no matter how many letters they receive. Best way to show disapproval is to not buy the upgrades.
Unfortunately, they've priced it so low (relatively speaking) that many will likely purchase which will mean significant increases in lines for those that don't so the customer is shafted either way, give in and pay or have your vacation diminished. They no doubt realize this and will just ride the anger wave until it subsides and they have more of everyone's money.

There's only a couple ways I think could really hurt them, first would be if there was a massive social media campaign that hit their profits quickly and brought enough bad PR to do real damage to the brand in the immediate term, I find this so unlikely that if it happened Disney would probably cash in by making a movie about it.

The second is if enough customers completely forgo a Disney vacation, I think that's unlikely to happen in the short or medium-term, if it does it will be down the road and the current leadership will be long gone. That means they have little to lose, it's the company that will be damaged if that comes to pass and the leadership will have cashed out their profits long before.

Short term I agree that all the letters in the world will have no impact in fact I feel the customer is pretty impotent in this situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter