• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here it is! 2016 National Gingerbread Competition Entry!

LJC1861

DIS Veteran<br><font color=teal>Suffers from a Tag
[GALLERY=]15175585_1182766791800532_1165565465_n.jpg [/GALLERY]

The piece is titled, "The Bakers". Fred and Ginger are 22" tall and made of baked gingerbread. The bodies were baked over an egg shaped pan, heads over a hemisphere pan, legs around a rolling pin and feet over another hemisphere pan. The arms are krispie treats covered in thin strips of edible paper and edible glue. The figures are then covered in unbaked gingerbread dough that dries like leather. They were then covered in edible glue and finally covered in a mixture of gingerbread cookie crumbs and spices. The house is gingerbread, and all the decorations on both the figures and the house are done in fondant and gumpaste. The entire structure is made of edible materials, including internal supports. I am pleased to announce that I took third place overall with this piece!

That is wonderful! I love the detail in the aprons, the little porch on the gingerbread house, the colours you've chosen - all of it! Congratulations on winning third place!! The competition must have been REALLY tough!

That's fantastic!! I love the details and the colors! Congratulations!!

That is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Congratulations on another great finish!

Well done! Congrats on placIng third, although I cannot imagine how good first and second are, because yours is really outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

I'd like to see what first and second place looks like, because yours is absolutely AMAZING!

1st place;
gallery-1479931268-pjimage-24.jpg

2nd place
;
1479927347-31178535835-da96763d18-z.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter