For science this morning I was looking at Epcot and HS availability. I got an 11:30 return time for Remy by refreshing right at 7 and it was insanely slow, by the time I clicked modify at 7:01 return times were after 7 PM and by 7:02 they were gone for the day. SDD was gone when I looked at 7:05. VQ for Guardians was closed by 7:01. Rise ILLs were still available at 7:05, price on those went down as well I think it was showing $18-$20 (was $25 yesterday).

Using the modify/refresh, I was able to both see and grab LLs for rides that were not available earlier in the day yesterday so a sell-out isn't necessarily permanent but it does kind of set a craziness tone. My son wants to do test track and I told him I would grab that next if it's still available at 11, if I got a super late Remy return I'd just change it but 11:30 is actually pretty in line with plans for the day (later arrival at IG, we have a Space 220 res at 2 so hoping to do Remy and then grab another ride or two on the way to Space 220 and hopefully TT after that.) Not sure where we'll hop to later or if at all, maybe a night-time trip over to AK since we've never seen it at night. Galaxy's Edge was phenomenal at night, we came out of Smuggler's Run right as a bunch of pyrotechnics happened and that entire land is just so impressively themed. Nice to walk through when it's less crowded and you can take more of the detail in.
Is Remy really worth it? With crowds next week I want to make sure we get Soarin which is a favorite and don’t want to stand in a line for an hour for soarin after road dropping TT. Thank you!

Is Remy really worth it? With crowds next week I want to make sure we get Soarin which is a favorite and don’t want to stand in a line for an hour for soarin after road dropping TT. Thank you!
I suppose your question is subjective. But I wouldn’t wait more than an hour (and honestly wouldn’t even wait an hour) for Remy. It’s cute, but quick, nothing that special about it. I assume you are not using genie+? Soarin genie+ are not hard at all to get.

I suppose your question is subjective. But I wouldn’t wait more than an hour (and honestly wouldn’t even wait an hour) for Remy. It’s cute, but quick, nothing that special about it. I assume you are not using genie+? Soarin genie+ are not hard at all to get.
We plan to use Genie plus

We plan to use Genie plus
are you doing a full day at Epcot or hopping? And are you a resort guest?
I’d grab a genie + for Remy as soon as genie+ opens, then rope drop Test Track, then if wait time isn’t long for Soarin ride Soarin. If wait time is long grab a genie+ for it once you’re eligible. If you for some reason can’t get a genie+ for Remy then get one with Test Track and rope drop Remy. Point is, as far as genie+ Soarin usually has availability for your second or even 3rd genie + pull.

are you doing a full day at Epcot or hopping? And are you a resort guest?
I’d grab a genie + for Remy as soon as genie+ opens, then rope drop Test Track, then if wait time isn’t long for Soarin ride Soarin. If wait time is long grab a genie+ for it once you’re eligible. If you for some reason can’t get a genie+ for Remy then get one with Test Track and rope drop Remy. Point is, as far as genie+ Soarin usually has availability for your second or even 3rd genie + pull.
We are resort guests and just going to Epcot. Thank you for the advice!

We just returned from our trip 2/17-2/21. I will do a post day to day. We have been over New Years, Spring Break, Easter, etc and while it was crowded I didn’t think it was crazy. Friday 2/17 was arrival and we did HS in the afternoon. We had Genie ($22) and started stacking right away. Slinky was first selection and then did additional selections at 1030, 1230, 230, 430, and 730. We arrived at 4ish and had LLs for Slinky, TSMM, Saucers, Smugglers (got that one around 730 that night), RnRC, and MMRR. So we did 6 LLs in the span of 5 hours. Standby times were all over 75 minutes when we rode except for Saucers having an 30 minute posted wait time. Also jumped in for Rise 30 minutes before close with a posted wait of 85 minutes but actual wait was 45.

Depends a lot on your party's interests, for mine definitely - out of the 4 of us, I'm the only one who likes "thrill" rides and we all really appreciate the efforts Disney puts into theming so Remy was the favorite for my kids and my husband. None of us handle lines well and I hated paying out for Genie+ but it felt worth it for not having to stand in any ride line longer than 15 minutes today, which is definitely the most crowded I've ever seen Epcot (even the world showcase back half was wall-to-wall, we waited over 25 minutes for the shaved ice place in Japan).

Saturday 2/18. Epcot and did not buy Genie today. Failed to get a Guardians VQ at 7 (first time being unsuccessful) so bought ILL since it’s our favorite ride. Did Test Track and Soarin during early entry, Living with the land standby, Gran Fiesta standby, and then did Festival of the Arts stuff as wait times were quite high (animation drawing class was fun, scavenger hunt for DD, and food booths). Left at 3 to go back to room to rest and then had a great California Grill dinner at 710 so perfect for fireworks.

Sunday 2/19 Epcot/AK. Had Genie for $29 on the first day it sold out and probably a mistake to get it. Got a Guardians VQ and selected Remy at 7 am. Early entry did Test Track and Soarin. Figment standby. Remy at 10 and selected Navi River Journey for afternoon (by this time Safari was gone and I never got it despite refreshing). Skyliner to Topolinos for a 1200 breakfast. Got Everest at 12 for afternoon. After breakfast too, Skyliner back to Epcot, did our Guardians VQ (we arrived 3 hours after our group was called but went in no problem). At 2 when it was time for our next Genie selection there was nothing left at AK that except shows so we did a LL for Spaceship Earth with an immediate return time. Left Epcot and went to AK. Standby for Safari at 4 was posted 65 but waited 30. Then used our LL for Everest and DH and DD went again as single rider. Did Navi River Journey and planned to jump in line for FOP at close but the posted wait was 180. I know it is inflated but the line was out the entrance and 2 different CMs said it wasn’t 180 but it was a good 2 hours most likely, so we bailed. So ended up doing 4 LLs only.

Finally our MK day Monday 2/20. We went hard core and went from 730 to close at 10. Had Genie on another sold out day. I felt like the 730 EE was noticeably less crowded than the 830 EE at MK, so if you can be an early riser it is worth it. During EE we did 7D, then standby for Space, HM, and Carousel as well as a Cattail for breakfast before our first LL of Peter Pan at 10am. For the rest of the day we ended up with LLs for Small World, Pooh, Big Thunder, Pirates, Space, Space again (was an anytime LL since Space was down during our first LL for it), and HM. Standbys were Laugh Floor, Tiki Room, Peoplemover twice, Speedway, Buzz (end of the night so walk on), Enchanted Tales with Belle, rode the train the whole loop, met Anastasia and Drizella, watched 300 parade from the train station platform (excellent viewing spot). Took a 2 1/2 hr afternoon break and grabbed the boat ride to eat at Geyser Point for lunch and a drink. So total for the day we did 8 LLs and 12 standbys plus the parade. We did a lot but didn’t feel rushed or totally wiped out at the end of the day.

Overall the weekend was busy but very manageable. Genie saved us a ton of time at MK and HS, was a nice perk but not as helpful on our Epcot/AK day. Weather was fantastic—I think the fact that it wasn’t oppressive heat and daily downpours made a huge difference in our mood! CMs were all very nice. We did notice more line cutters this trip. One group of 6 adults were milling around the 7D line and as we past them they jumped in line behind us despite the line stretching way farther back and being obvious we weren’t the end. I turned and asked them if they were looking for the 7D line and they said yes, so I told them the end was way back. The party behind us glared at them, they did get out of line but weren’t happy about it. And on Space a guy got in front of my husband and said he was looking to meet up with his family but never moved or attempted to find anyone.

Yesterday 2/21 was a nightmare for Rise at HS.
Staying offsite equaled an almost immediate sell out of Rise ILLs at park opening.
Disney never released more and the wait was easily over 200 minutes all day.
Heard that this was due to the ride being down to half capacity. My guess is one side was not working.

Yesterday 2/21 was a nightmare for Rise at HS.
Staying offsite equaled an almost immediate sell out of Rise ILLs at park opening.
Disney never released more and the wait was easily over 200 minutes all day.
Heard that this was due to the ride being down to half capacity. My guess is one side was not working.

The wait today at 3 PM was 310 minutes. Insane.

It has to close sometime and soon it’s Spring break then summer crowds. There just isnt a good time for refurbishments/maintenance but they need to be done.
I get that. But this isn't just busy, it's peak crowds with President's Day and Mardi Gras. Even these days there are quieter weeks. Lots of them.

It has to close sometime and soon it’s Spring break then summer crowds. There just isnt a good time for refurbishments/maintenance but they need to be done.

I mean yes but also feels like they could have waited 5 more days to get solidly out of "busiest park has been in 3 years" territory. Even this morning it was visibly less crowded at Epcot than it was Tuesday and Wednesday, the crowds seem to be dispersing a bit.

maybe HS shouldn't have closed RNRC this week.
Gonna be a mess period due to the length of this refurbishment- unless they noticeably decrease DHS park pass availability and/or allow earlier hopping so on bad days at least hoppers can bail. Alas unless the complaints really ratchet up I don’t see Disney doing either.

I get that. But this isn't just busy, it's peak crowds with President's Day and Mardi Gras. Even these days there are quieter weeks. Lots of them.
Which Disney knew because Park Reservations so I think they kept it up as long as they could before they had to commence this project.

DHS is in for a rough bunch of months since this isn’t coming back until “summer”. They haven’t brought enough to the park to make up for this 🙄

Gonna be a mess period due to the length of this refurbishment- unless they noticeably decrease DHS park pass availability and/or allow earlier hopping so on bad days at least hoppers can bail. Alas unless the complaints really ratchet up I don’t see Disney doing either.
They shut Foxtrot down for its refurb on in the middle of Jersey week leaving ToT at half capacity through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and MLK weeks. They don’t care. I guess they figure it’s more $$ via LL/G+ for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter