• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

to encourage bringing your own - the sanitizer that is available smells awful and doesn't dry down well. do yourself a favor and just bring your own favorite kind.
We found them empty a lot, didn’t like it when we used it though. It got sticky and kind of coated your hands rather than evaporate as you said. Nevermind take a look at the underside just once- they’re gross. I highly recommend using your own.

Another update, Southwest at MCO is crazy tonight. I guess we can’t get away from waiting in lines. We waited 35 minutes at the outdoor sky cap to check our bags. The line to check bags indoor via the self serve kiosks was even longer. We had pre check so didn’t have to wait to get through security. But the regular line was posted as a 30 minute wait. So give yourself plenty of time at the airport!

AK today. We did the Rope drop thing and took the bus. Bus came at 6:56 (8am open). By the time we got to the park, we could see people walking in from the parking lot and several other busses were there before ours. However, we found a short tapstyle line and made our way to the holding area at the bridge to Pandora. We were in probably one of the first 3 runs of FOP and lucked out with seats in the middle of the middle level. By 9:30, we had done FOP, Safari, Everest, and had a wonderful Mickey pretzel and ice cream breakfast. Then we headed to Dinosaur at 9:42 (walk on). We had a lunch at Satu’li at 10:10. We couldn’t go in until the order was ready. I clicked “we’re here” on the bridge to Pandora at 10:05. Food was ready and we were able to enter at 10:25. We stopped at Nomad lounge on the way out since we had never been there before. It was good, but set aside some time if you go there, it’s not a quick stop and the servers seemed to have more tables than they could efficiently handle. (Our guy was great though!)

We headed back to the hotel at 12:21 to hit the pool. We had a great time at the pool, and then the rain moved in. We headed back up to the room. The boys went to Epcot for a few booths and I stayed back. I’ve done something to my foot and it doesn’t matter which shoe I put on, it’s painful to walk. I wish I knew what did, but it’s just gotten progressively worse each day. I’m just crossing my fingers I can keep walking since we have 5 full days left.

We had dinner at Cape May and DS played in the arcade for a bit afterward. We grabbed treats from the Beaches and Cream window and headed back to our room. We are going to take it easy tonight. Early day at HS tomorrow!255364E2-1D19-4B5B-930F-33C8D571D2F4.jpegA04C248B-7265-49F3-B3F8-229A25F9130A.jpeg

I flew down from NH this morning. Had the smoothest arrival ever in terms of timing. Plane got to the gate at 8:43, I had my luggage at 9, in the rental car, no traffic backups on I-4, luggage stored at Movies, and on a bus to Epcot by about 10:15. Walked in to Epcot about 10:35. Soarin was posted as a 20 minute wait and it was a walk on still. I don't think I saw Soarin go above 25 minutes for a posted wait today, when I was looking. Frozen was never above 35 minutes when I looked. Test Track was the high wait of the day for the bulk of the day. But overall everything was very manageable and wait times were slightly shorter than posted. Food booth lines seemed to cycle. If one I wanted was a bit long, I just went to a different booth and came back. Doing that I didn't have to wait more than a few minutes for any food booth. I did though leave about 6 because that 5:30 am flight meant a 3 am wakeup this morning.

Cast members were generally very pleasant, if not their usual very friendly. Photopasss seemed to be the exception, but not across the board. I didn't see any overflowing trash cans, and custodial was seen regularly cleaning trash can surfaces. I saw people using Disney's sanitizer so they weren't all empty. I didn't try any of the dispensers; I've brought my own sanitizer to Disney forever and keep it hanging from my park bag. Was a real saving grace a few years ago when a bird used us for target practice in Epcot🙄 Mask compliance today was generally pretty good. Like 90% or better.

Tomorrow is Animal Kingdom and more Epcot.

I flew down from NH this morning. Had the smoothest arrival ever in terms of timing. Plane got to the gate at 8:43, I had my luggage at 9, in the rental car, no traffic backups on I-4, luggage stored at Movies, and on a bus to Epcot by about 10:15. Walked in to Epcot about 10:35. Soarin was posted as a 20 minute wait and it was a walk on still. I don't think I saw Soarin go above 25 minutes for a posted wait today, when I was looking. Frozen was never above 35 minutes when I looked. Test Track was the high wait of the day for the bulk of the day. But overall everything was very manageable and wait times were slightly shorter than posted. Food booth lines seemed to cycle. If one I wanted was a bit long, I just went to a different booth and came back. Doing that I didn't have to wait more than a few minutes for any food booth. I did though leave about 6 because that 5:30 am flight meant a 3 am wakeup this morning.

Cast members were generally very pleasant, if not their usual very friendly. Photopasss seemed to be the exception, but not across the board. I didn't see any overflowing trash cans, and custodial was seen regularly cleaning trash can surfaces. I saw people using Disney's sanitizer so they weren't all empty. I didn't try any of the dispensers; I've brought my own sanitizer to Disney forever and keep it hanging from my park bag. Was a real saving grace a few years ago when a bird used us for target practice in Epcot🙄 Mask compliance today was generally pretty good. Like 90% or better.

Tomorrow is Animal Kingdom and more Epcot.
Thank you for your report. I will be there in a week with my family. I am hoping and praying that the crowds are down a little bit. My whole crew was vaccinated and we are prepared to wear our masks.
We are only doing 3 days at the parks and 3 resort days. So, we will go early , take a break and hit Epcot in the evening.
I really appreciate everybody on these boards taking their time to update everyone on what is going on presently.🤞🏻🤞🏻😷😎👍🏻☀️

Does anyone know if Photopass CMs are allowed to take our phones and take pictures for us? I know that was stopped because of COVID, but I wasn't sure if it was resumed.

I’ve done something to my foot and it doesn’t matter which shoe I put on, it’s painful to walk. I wish I knew what did, but it’s just gotten progressively worse each day. I’m just crossing my fingers I can keep walking since we have 5 full days left.
Sorry you're in pain! This happened to me in April, the shoes I brought weren't wide enough, ball of the foot hurt. I was hobbling around on our second Epcot day, trying to figure out what would make it better as I just couldn't take it anymore. (DD17 was already in a wheelchair from a knee injury the day before so that wasn't an option!). Ended up buying Crocs from Mouse gears...had to ask a CM as I couldn't find any...CM showed me giant black ones that were way too big. Walked around store a bit more and found shiny silver Star Wars the child ones that were smaller. Bought them, left store, put them on immediately. Foot felt sooo much better. Those Crocs are now my Disney shoes!

Sorry you're in pain! This happened to me in April, the shoes I brought weren't wide enough, ball of the foot hurt. I was hobbling around on our second Epcot day, trying to figure out what would make it better as I just couldn't take it anymore. (DD17 was already in a wheelchair from a knee injury the day before so that wasn't an option!). Ended up buying Crocs from Mouse gears...had to ask a CM as I couldn't find any...CM showed me giant black ones that were way too big. Walked around store a bit more and found shiny silver Star Wars the child ones that were smaller. Bought them, left store, put them on immediately. Foot felt sooo much better. Those Crocs are now my Disney shoes!
My plan is to find some shoes tomorrow! (I hope!). The issue is actually on the top of my foot. I have worn these shoes daily for shifts that I stand 12-13 hrs, run and worked out in them, and had no problems. Sadly, I don’t think it’s a shoe issue. I’ll have to make an appointment to get it looked at when I get home, but if I can at least find a shoe that doesn’t touch that part of my foot, I’ll make it until then.
I’m hoping I can find some shoes in the shops at HS.

What is the hand sanitizer situation like? I was last there in April, and while I know SD is non-existent, I was wondering if they are still keeping the sanitizer stations filled before/after the rides.
Got back home from Disney 8/4. At that time I’d say maybe 25% of machines actually had any sanitizer in them. I’d brought my own but it was shoved in my backpack so hard to get out easily. I’d definitely recommend getting one of those hand sanitizer holders and attaching it to your book bag for easy access.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Photopass CMs are allowed to take our phones and take pictures for us? I know that was stopped because of COVID, but I wasn't sure if it was resumed.

Yes, all but one PhotoPass CM has taken our picture for us using my phone. The one that didn’t said he didn’t feel comfortable with Covid.

My plan is to find some shoes tomorrow! (I hope!). The issue is actually on the top of my foot. I have worn these shoes daily for shifts that I stand 12-13 hrs, run and worked out in them, and had no problems. Sadly, I don’t think it’s a shoe issue. I’ll have to make an appointment to get it looked at when I get home, but if I can at least find a shoe that doesn’t touch that part of my foot, I’ll make it until then.
I’m hoping I can find some shoes in the shops at HS.
Don’t let your injury steal any park days from you, if you don’t find the right shoes and if you still have issues walking rent an ECV. Fwiw ScooterBug is the official ECV provider and you can arrange to pick up and drop off from bell services at your hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter