Here's a nice "keepsake" for rehearsal dinner or reception....

ellyn2000

DIS Veteran<br>Loves to go Pearl Diving in Japan<b
I made this for my son's rehearsal dinner and they were a big hit. Have made them for several other friends with weddings recently. Got the idea from the internet and then changed it to suit me. You can do the same. I had 60 people at the rehearsal dinner. I had 10 round tables of 6 people each. I put 3 of these on each table (1 for each couple) Some guests didn't take one, others took 2, so it worked out. I bought 3 packs of 10 plastic wine glasses at "Party City". Then I put the shredded plastic in them that you use to fill gift bags, baskets, etc....in the colors I was decorating in. I put in 2 "champagne bottles" of bubbles (purchased at the Dollar Store and looked like real champagne bottles) and 4 Hershey Kisses. I made a plackard (sp) that stood at the base of the glass that read:
A glass of "bubbly"
And a handful of "kisses"
Tomorrow Ryan and Valarie
Will be Mr. and Mrs.
Thank you for sharing in our special day!!!

Keepsakes have become quite popular at weddings and this one is beautiful and inexpensive.

My daughter is getting married Saturday and I went a little crazy:

1. I decorated birdhouses as centerpieces. Each birdhouse was themed - baby bride, baby groom, hometown bride, hometown groom, college bride, college groom, the townhouses where they met / live, chapel where they are getting married. It was so much fun to collect little things to decorate the houses and I decoupaged things that I found on the net - if you print on photo paper they decoupage very nicely.

2. For the rehearsal dinner, I wrote a "fairy tale" starring a ladybug, a toad and many dragonfly friends about how they met - I printed it off for each person at the dinner and made more for the reception. Ladybugs, frogs, dragonflies will be used to decorate the tables. I have framed the fairy tale for the couple and decorated the frame with more miniatures from the story.

I have to admit I have had a marvelous time developing a theme throughout the birdhouses and the fairy tale. It's been great occupational therapy for the mother-of-the-bride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter