Hertz not linking-carrentalsavers

View attachment 752997Not sure what their hold policy was before, but Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty changed their hood policy when renting
I had a $266 pending charge on my AmEx yesterday for a $65.87 one day rental I completed on 4/10 at 4am. Today that pending charge went to $366. I never received a confirmation email that I returned the vehicle, so i called today and was told that the rental was received and closed on the afternoon of the 10th. I asked what the closed receipt was, and she said $65.87. I asked why the amount pending kept rising, and she said that it was closed on their end, and it was up to the credit card company to close it on their end. Um, what? AmEx doesn’t randomly add charges to a closed transaction. I asked for a copy of the receipt and was told I could request a copy online 7 DAYS AFTER THE RENTAL IS CLOSED! I have never had an issue with Hertz, and this is a doozy. I’m hoping when this actually posts to my cc, it’s the correct amount 🤞🏻.

I had a $266 pending charge on my AmEx yesterday for a $65.87 one day rental I completed on 4/10 at 4am. Today that pending charge went to $366. I never received a confirmation email that I returned the vehicle, so i called today and was told that the rental was received and closed on the afternoon of the 10th. I asked what the closed receipt was, and she said $65.87. I asked why the amount pending kept rising, and she said that it was closed on their end, and it was up to the credit card company to close it on their end. Um, what? AmEx doesn’t randomly add charges to a closed transaction. I asked for a copy of the receipt and was told I could request a copy online 7 DAYS AFTER THE RENTAL IS CLOSED! I have never had an issue with Hertz, and this is a doozy. I’m hoping when this actually posts to my cc, it’s the correct amount 🤞🏻.
I think I jinxed myself by responding to 1420Elexismc that I’d never had an issue with Hertz…

I think I jinxed myself by responding to 1420Elexismc that I’d never had an issue with Hertz…
Something going on with them for sure…I’m seeing so many complaints about being charged for gas when the tank was returned full. Double charges. No cars available. Declined options still being added on to contracts. Refunds taking much longer than they should. And now the new hold policy. Hoping the hold falls off your card soon and settles properly! I’m sticking with my Alamo reservation at $430….hoping it works out!

View attachment 752997Not sure what their hold policy was before, but Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty changed their hold policy when renting
Policy was that they could put a $100 additional hold on the card but it rarely happened for Gold Plus members. The only time I've had a hold above the rental cost put on the card was when booking through a true third party.

ETA: I believe the hold on debit cards was $250.

Policy was that they could put a $100 additional hold on the card but it rarely happened for Gold Plus members. The only time I've had a hold above the rental cost put on the card was when booking through a true third party.

ETA: I believe the hold on debit cards was $250.
Those amounts seem much more reasonable…$500 for a debit card seems high to me…I wonder what their MasterCard policies are-since this specifically mentions Visa

Edit-I noticed you addressed the MC policy already in another post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter