***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Hi Everyone, Happy October!
We are coming this week! Very excited.
Usually we come during winter months --but today's Real Feel in Orlando is 103˚!!!
I tend to get sick in the extreme heat--anyone have suggestions? I bought some cooling towels and misting fans but this hotness is not my thing so I welcome any tricks or suggestions (besides "don't come!") :) Thanks in advance!

It gets very hot where I live-we have had 27 days over 100 this year. however I was still not prepared for Animal Kingdom. It felt so much hotter when we were there. when we came back for our mid day break I said to me son "how come it is cooler here than it was at Animal Kingdom". On your AK days do everything you can to keep cool. use your cooling towels, see shows, drink ice cold drinks. I got a whooper of a headache from the heat so I wished that I would have brought my Motrin. Once we had a break in our room to lay down and cool off I was better and we had a great night. I feel like AK should have longer hours if only so people can ejoy it during less intense heat times. On your AK day plan to do rope drop until like 12:00 then come back from 4-close.

Hi Everyone, Happy October!
We are coming this week! Very excited.
Usually we come during winter months --but today's Real Feel in Orlando is 103˚!!!
I tend to get sick in the extreme heat--anyone have suggestions? I bought some cooling towels and misting fans but this hotness is not my thing so I welcome any tricks or suggestions (besides "don't come!") :) Thanks in advance!

It was very stifling the last few days. Just to give you an idea, I had sweat pouring off my face, my skin felt the burn from the sun even after sunscreen. I suggest dressing light, wear some hiking sandals instead of socks and tennis shoes, drink plenty of water and consider buying a hydration backpack if you get shaky or lightheaded in heat. Even better: Take a midday break if you can. I know some who are staying offsite may not have that opportunity so perhaps schedule a midday lunch if you (understandably) don't want to leave the park. The cooling towels and fans used together will help. Maybe be sure you have some extra batteries and check them each morning before you go out.

Here now- since Saturday night. Very easy trip with magical express. We went to dinner at Sanaa while we waited for luggage to get to our room at Pop. Refurbished room, bldg 7 in 80's section. First time back for mother in law and sis in law since 1990. CM dtr has these days off which is great-came to celebrate her bday with her. Sanaa made her a pretty birthday dessert and brought rest of us a complimentary glass of champagne to celebrate (dtr just turned 20).

Have eaten our way around Food and Wine! Definitely helps to just eat a bite or two and shareable to get more samples in this way- estimate we have hit half the booths in 2 days. Had fastpasfor SE and Imagination and Soarin which they liked. Sunday was PACKED at Epcot, waited out a downpour in light lab. MiL and SiL called it quits around 9, dtr and I headed to MK! I'd snagged a 11pm PEter pan fast pass-also did peoplemover, haunted mansion and Pirates, along with snack at Caseys corner, before we called it quits.

Monday late start- Epcot for lunch and then a quick jaunt to Disney Springs (SiL loves to shop) -headed to busses at 4 as we knew we needed to transfer busses at a resort to get to AK for FoP fastpass at 4:35-5:35. Waited for an AKL bus forr35 minutes before running for the next all star bus. Got to FoP at 5:45-thank goodness for the grace period and worth the fast walk to get there in 100degree soupy heat (was my 4th time, dtr 2nd time and others first time). Then safari and dinner at Satu'li canteen. Dtr and I stayed for RoL and a trip to Everest and back in time to get a dinosaur. Tomorrow sleep in before just chilling until adr at kona before the Halloween party.

It's been nearly as hot as August. Rained Saturday night and for couple hours Sunday afternoon and none at all where we were today. It wasn't nearly as packed today as Sunday. Glad I packed my moisture wicking clothes again like for August trip. November HAS to be cooler right?

Oh- and the new beds at Pop are GREAT!

Tomorrow sleep in before just chilling until adr at kona before the Halloween party.

It's been nearly as hot as August. Rained Saturday night and for couple hours Sunday afternoon and none at all where we were today. It wasn't nearly as packed today as Sunday. Glad I packed my moisture wicking clothes again like for August trip. November HAS to be cooler right?

Oh- and the new beds at Pop are GREAT!

I also did a late Kona Lunch before MNSSHP and it was perfect. Catching the monorail over was so easy and nice. One problem though-my son said from now on we need to stay at the poly. Yeah when I win the lottery kid.

I also loved Pops refurbished rooms, especially the beds and the double shower head rain shower.

We're getting close, 18 days away or so.

Anyone care to look at my broad plans and give any thoughts, advice, hints, tricks, tips, etc.
g0mGcfq.jpg

I've started looking at making a full plan on touring plans, but with a 3-year old, I think we're going to hit on the main things and kind of let her decide as we go (with some guidance with line times) on what she wants to do.

you are going to want to find spot for HEA early. With the limited showing each week it was very very crowded, even pretty early (1 hour before). On Thursday you have BOG until 8:30-you are going to have hard time even getting near the hub at the time. Since you are going to be watching it on Monday may I suggest just watching the fireworks from Fantasyland and positioning your self to hop in line for 7DMT as the end of HEA.

HEA was beautiful and it is an absolute must see so be sure to get a spot early on Monday

you are going to want to find spot for HEA early. With the limited showing each week it was very very crowded, even pretty early (1 hour before). On Thursday you have BOG until 8:30-you are going to have hard time even getting near the hub at the time. Since you are going to be watching it on Monday may I suggest just watching the fireworks from Fantasyland and positioning your self to hop in line for 7DMT as the end of HEA.

HEA was beautiful and it is an absolute must see so be sure to get a spot early on Monday

Thanks for the heads up - it is a must see for us, we may cancel the Chef Mickey on our first Saturday night and would hopefully see it that night - but a Saturday may be even busier so many do some other stuff while the lines thin out for the show, knowing we're going to see it at a later time. I'm hoping the Monday will be a good day to see it.

I haven't seen HEA in person yet, but last year, the first week of December, the Hub was packed fairly early. It was DH's first trip to WDW so I wanted to have a good spot for him to see it, and it was claustrophobic very early. Get there early and stake out a spot. I know a lot of people are in to the desert parties, I do not like them, haven't been, not interested, especially since I am not a sweets person and DH doesn't eat much due to ulcer surgery, but I almost booked one to see the fireworks this coming up trip.

Instead we will be watching Holiday Wishes from the California Grill one night this trip, I might just enjoy that and hope park hours are extend past HEA and we will spend the time during fireworks riding rides our MK night. I can't imagine how packed the hub will be now with the projections. *shudders*

Edit.. and I just realized this is for October... I will be there then also, California Grill for Hallowishes. And maybe, just maybe the Hub for HEA, but most likely not. :rotfl:

Starting to get excited. We leave Saturday morning. Only concern I have is my lactose intolerance is at an all time high and I'm having to completely avoid dairy. I've never had to do this previous trips. I've heard Disney is great for dietary issues, but I know I will not be able to have some of my favorites.

I am sooo excited!! 16 days until I leave.

Today at work,one of my coworkers asked if I could help him plan a trip when he is ready. Me and another coworker sat him down and showed him about the website and how it is super easy to plan on your own. He was amazed at how easy it was. I told him when he is ready I would help him plan. Just made my day. I love helping people with their Disney adventures!!

On the other hand...it reminded me of how much I have to do in the next 16 days!! Plus I almost slipped and told my sister and niece I was going without them this trip. I would have probably had to have walked home......

We're getting close, 18 days away or so.

Anyone care to look at my broad plans and give any thoughts, advice, hints, tricks, tips, etc.
g0mGcfq.jpg

I've started looking at making a full plan on touring plans, but with a 3-year old, I think we're going to hit on the main things and kind of let her decide as we go (with some guidance with line times) on what she wants to do.

We will be at MK, Epcot, and AK the same exact days as you!! :wave: You have a great plan going on!!

I haven't seen HEA in person yet, but last year, the first week of December, the Hub was packed fairly early. It was DH's first trip to WDW so I wanted to have a good spot for him to see it, and it was claustrophobic very early. Get there early and stake out a spot. I know a lot of people are in to the desert parties, I do not like them, haven't been, not interested, especially since I am not a sweets person and DH doesn't eat much due to ulcer surgery, but I almost booked one to see the fireworks this coming up trip.

Instead we will be watching Holiday Wishes from the California Grill one night this trip, I might just enjoy that and hope park hours are extend past HEA and we will spend the time during fireworks riding rides our MK night. I can't imagine how packed the hub will be now with the projections. *shudders*

Edit.. and I just realized this is for October... I will be there then also, California Grill for Hallowishes. And maybe, just maybe the Hub for HEA, but most likely not. :rotfl:

It is VERY crowded at the hub because the projections are a big part of the show and being in front of the castle to see them enhances the show. That being said I felt like it was worth it. I watched the Live stream of the show the first night and I thought it looked good and like it was worth seeing however, after seeing them in person I can say for certain that they are way better in person. I wouldn't miss HEA crowds and all.

I got to the hub about 50 minutes prior to the show and I got a great spot but I was a party of 2 there were many good pockets of space for a party of 2 but larger parties...not so much. Granted that was the Wednesday before Columbus Day weekend and the crowds might thin out as you get away from school breaks and holidays. If you have a big family I would get there about and hour and 15 minutes before the show.

Am I crazy for even thinking about giving up a Beaches and Cream reservation??? I am doing some final deciding while waiting to see my dr.

I would love to try it, but I am thinking I want to just explore food and wine on that night. Or maybe hit Hollywood Studios.

I completely forgot about this planning group! Though, honestly, it's been such an insane time (our trip was canceled then it wasn't then it was, then it wasn't again!) that I haven't really known what to say.

But I leave in 2 days!!! I can't believe it! There is a part of me that feels like it's totally not real. I've got so much to do in so little time!

Starting to get excited. We leave Saturday morning. Only concern I have is my lactose intolerance is at an all time high and I'm having to completely avoid dairy. I've never had to do this previous trips. I've heard Disney is great for dietary issues, but I know I will not be able to have some of my favorites.
I'm having some dietary issues at an all time high, too. Such a pain when you really just want to be carefree at Disney! But, yes, I hear wonderful things about being able to find suitable options! Have a great trip!!

Am I crazy for even thinking about giving up a Beaches and Cream reservation??? I am doing some final deciding while waiting to see my dr.

I would love to try it, but I am thinking I want to just explore food and wine on that night. Or maybe hit Hollywood Studios.

It's hard one to get for sure, but is it really anything special beyond burgers and fries? Are you staying at Beach Club? (I have noticed your posts but can't recall where you are staying) If you aren't it might be more worthwhile to do the F&W kiosks and take your time vs rush to one adr and back to where you want to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter