***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I am feeling a bit grumpy this week and havent been on the boards much because I am worried about my trip perhaps needing to be canceled. My landlord might be selling the house I have been renting for 9 years and if she does and if the new owner doesn't want to do a rental then I may have to cancel my trip to come up with moving costs. I am really hoping that it doesnt happen but just thinking about it makes me grumpy.

I am feeling a bit grumpy this week and havent been on the boards much because I am worried about my trip perhaps needing to be canceled. My landlord might be selling the house I have been renting for 9 years and if she does and if the new owner doesn't want to do a rental then I may have to cancel my trip to come up with moving costs. I am really hoping that it doesnt happen but just thinking about it makes me grumpy.

Oh no. That sucks.

I'm sorry to hear this. I know you've been planning for quite a while I hope it doesn't come to fruition. :tink:Sending pixie dust your way!

Ah, we are in that slump between making ADRs and fast passes! Time to shop for summer/trip clothing!

Stop by and share your plans everyone! :chat: I have to pin myself down and start planning out parks/days/rides, etc....

Just finished planning our October trip. Checking in on the 26th at Arts of Animation and doing a split stay at Shades of Green until Nov 3rd. Going to MNSSHP on the 29th with our group of 8. The hardest part will be keeping it a secret from the kids! Still deciding on what costumes to wear for the Halloween Party. What's everybody going as? We're looking to do a themed costume for our group. 3 adults and a 6, 5, 3, 2 year old and a newborn.

I am so excited to ride Flights of Passage I can't stand it. :hyper::hyper::hyper:
Every review is amazing.
Same! All the pictures and reviews of FOP and Pandora are great! I couldn't help myself. I recently renewed my annual pass and somehow justified taking a mini-weekend trip in July for Pandora and HEA. Weather will be just a LITTLE different than October

Just finished planning our October trip. Checking in on the 26th at Arts of Animation and doing a split stay at Shades of Green until Nov 3rd. Going to MNSSHP on the 29th with our group of 8. The hardest part will be keeping it a secret from the kids! Still deciding on what costumes to wear for the Halloween Party. What's everybody going as? We're looking to do a themed costume for our group. 3 adults and a 6, 5, 3, 2 year old and a newborn.

Welcome to our group of October crazies! :wave: You've made the front page!

We are going to the party on 10/26. I'm going as Honest John (Pinocchio) and Micky is going to be Lampwick (Pinocchio)! That's us in my avatar. Loose interpretations. I have to make Micky a hat with donkey ears, otherwise he's wearing the same color scheme as Lampwick and carrying a fake cigar. I have fox ears/tail and then wearing same color scheme as Honest John. I also need to get a cane!

Resized_20170429_094744.jpeg

Hey all! Don't forget to stop by and share your trip plans. :chat:

Pretty soon it will be time to map out park days and fast passes. 147 days for our trip!!!

I've started to plan out which rides I want to get FastPasses for. This is our first Disney trip and the kids will be 5 and 6 years old. It's a little difficult to predict what they are going to like and what their favorites might be that they'll want to ride multiple times!

Any critiques are welcome!

Monday - MK
Rope drop Peter Pan's Flight
1. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. Enchanted Tales with Belle

Tuesday - AK
Rope drop Kilimanjaro Safaris
1. Festival of the Lion King
2. Pandora: Na'vi River Journey
3. ?

MNSSHP in the evening
Try for a 4th FastPass at MK

Wednesday - MK
Rope drop Jungle Cruise
1. Tomorrowland Speedway
2. Buzz Lightyear
3. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Thursday - Epcot
Rope drop Soarin'
1. Turtle Talk with Crush
2. Frozen Ever After
3. Meet Anna and Elsa

Friday - HS
Rope drop Toy Story Midway Mania
1. Star Tours
2. Toy Story Midway Mania
3. Frozen Sing Along
Try for a 4th FastPass for Fantasmic

I've started to plan out which rides I want to get FastPasses for. This is our first Disney trip and the kids will be 5 and 6 years old. It's a little difficult to predict what they are going to like and what their favorites might be that they'll want to ride multiple times!

Any critiques are welcome!

Monday - MK
Rope drop Peter Pan's Flight
1. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. Enchanted Tales with Belle

Tuesday - AK
Rope drop Kilimanjaro Safaris
1. Festival of the Lion King
2. Pandora: Na'vi River Journey
3. ?

MNSSHP in the evening
Try for a 4th FastPass at MK

Wednesday - MK
Rope drop Jungle Cruise
1. Tomorrowland Speedway
2. Buzz Lightyear
3. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Thursday - Epcot
Rope drop Soarin'
1. Turtle Talk with Crush
2. Frozen Ever After
3. Meet Anna and Elsa

Friday - HS
Rope drop Toy Story Midway Mania
1. Star Tours
2. Toy Story Midway Mania
3. Frozen Sing Along
Try for a 4th FastPass for Fantasmic
Love your strategy to RD a popular attraction and the FP+ that follow! I try to do the same.

I am COMPLETELY rethinking my entire trip and split-stay. I do this ALL the time. I may be going from AKL/GF to just GF and moving parks around. Thankfully I was able to snag all but 1 ADR to fit my new idea. I really wish Disney would release the RoL times with dining packages and the Hallowishes Dessert Party.

I am COMPLETELY rethinking my entire trip and split-stay. I do this ALL the time. I may be going from AKL/GF to just GF and moving parks around. Thankfully I was able to snag all but 1 ADR to fit my new idea. I really wish Disney would release the RoL times with dining packages and the Hallowishes Dessert Party.

I have a tendency to do the same thing. We are doing a split VFG/AKL for our trip.

Waiting patiently for Rol Dining packages and dessert party for the Fireworks (should only be two nights while we are there, due to Halloween parties)

Ahh, great minds think alike :)

That split sounds wonderful. I will make it to AKL one day! VGF... do you own there? I have been so tempted to place an offer on a resale contract there for over a year now.

Those sound like very nice nights! Based on the RoL times this past spring and Fantasmic! times, I am guessing there will be 1 show around 7:15pm on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. September is showing 8:45 so I am hoping it will be later!

We do own at VGF, but have not stayed there yet. We only bought 100 points (no kids, studio's are just fine), and VGF is a bit pricey point wise. I would like to buy about 100 more at AKL, since it is my favorite (and should have bought there first). Live and learn. :o

We do own at VGF, but have not stayed there yet. We only bought 100 points (no kids, studio's are just fine), and VGF is a bit pricey point wise. I would like to buy about 100 more at AKL, since it is my favorite (and should have bought there first). Live and learn. :o
VGF looks so pretty, but that point chart is quite hefty. Sometimes I travel with multiple adults and would want multiple beds so 2 studios or a 2 bedroom. I know 2 studios at VGF at peak DVC times would be EXTREMELY hard and a 2 bedroom would require so many points. I guess I should not make a decision until I have tried more resorts which is why I wait and do cash rooms.

I got tempted by AKL when I visited last December for a meal, and I have wanted to plan a trip there! Thought it was going to be this year, maybe next spring/summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter