***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Hey Everyone!
I've been checking since our reservation window opened.. and it doesn't look like there are any dates available to book the Star Wars Dessert Party or the Rivers of Light Dining package in October.. does anyone know why this is? Or when they might be released??

Hey Everyone!
I've been checking since our reservation window opened.. and it doesn't look like there are any dates available to book the Star Wars Dessert Party or the Rivers of Light Dining package in October.. does anyone know why this is? Or when they might be released??
We're all waiting not-so-patiently...

Last week of Oct / first of Nov checking in. Will be spending Halloween in Disney this year.

Ughh, also not so patiently waiting for ROL dining package and Star Wars dessert party. Also trying to snap a garden grill ppo ADR as well. My planning is at a stand still and it's killing me lol

I've done this my last two trips. Maybe I should stop booking SW flights so I would be penalized to change them for the lower rates lol

I am also thinking about extending our December trip another day. I already added a day on the front end. It was only supposed to be a long weekend, that weekend just keeps getting longer though.

Maybe I should stop booking SW flights so I would be penalized to change them for the lower rates lol

I am totally addicted to booking SWA flights and then looking for cheater flights. I've had to create a spreadsheet to keep track of all those travel funds I've collected from these discounts. ;)

I am also thinking about extending our December trip another day. I already added a day on the front end. It was only supposed to be a long weekend, that weekend just keeps getting longer though.

I am going for my first "weekend" trip in July. I will arrive Friday at midnight and come home Monday at 8pm. I wish I could add a day to that one, but with work and the fact that I booked JetBlue, it is set in stone.

I am totally addicted to booking SWA flights and then looking for cheater flights. I've had to create a spreadsheet to keep track of all those travel funds I've collected from these discounts. ;)

I love this idea, I should create a spreadsheet! I already have one for everything else. I fly out of NJ/NY and SW only has one flight time each way for some reason starting in October. Usually its more! I had to book JetBlue going to MCO so my family was not too tired :faint: on arrival with the 6am SW flight. I even got it significantly cheaper because JetBlue luckily made the plane bigger and had all these open seats! I lucked out with SW coming home though! Perfect time for us, and it was $92. Not my best price, but still good. I have been watching for possible travel funds :magnify:

ETA: That $92 is currently $154 (I saw it at $202 to other day). No travel funds yet...

I am going for my first "weekend" trip in July. I will arrive Friday at midnight and come home Monday at 8pm. I wish I could add a day to that one, but with work and the fact that I booked JetBlue, it is set in stone.

I love this idea, I should create a spreadsheet! I already have one for everything else. I fly out of NJ/NY and SW only has one flight time each way for some reason starting in October. Usually its more! I had to book JetBlue going to MCO so my family was not too tired :faint: on arrival with the 6am SW flight. I even got it significantly cheaper because JetBlue luckily made the plane bigger and had all these open seats! I lucked out with SW coming home though! Perfect time for us, and it was $92. Not my best price, but still good. I have been watching for possible travel funds :magnify:

ETA: That $92 is currently $154 (I saw it at $202 to other day). No travel funds yet...

If I could get a cheaper flight coming home later the day we already have planned, I will switch to that, but right now, the flight I want to switch to is higher then what I paid initially. It didnt come down for the sale the last few days, hopefully later. We already when from a Late Wednesday night /early Thursday morning flight idea, to leaving 6am Wednesday and coming home Sunday. Just would like to get a later flight without paying more then I did originally.

If I could get a cheaper flight coming home later the day we already have planned, I will switch to that, but right now, the flight I want to switch to is higher then what I paid initially. It didnt come down for the sale the last few days, hopefully later. We already when from a Late Wednesday night /early Thursday morning flight idea, to leaving 6am Wednesday and coming home Sunday. Just would like to get a later flight without paying more then I did originally.
It could happen! I find the SW prices can randomly drop because people are switching things all the time! We still have a lot of time to look!

It could happen! I find the SW prices can randomly drop because people are switching things all the time! We still have a lot of time to look!
I check the SWA prices daily and I managed to save $44 today on my husband's flight to MCO. Unfortunately, when I searched for a second sale ticket for my flight, there weren't any. I always book our ticket separately because it is easier to keep track of the points and the credits that way. And obviously, it pays off when there is only one ticket on sale. ;)

Southwest doesn't fly out of O'hare, which I like much better than Midway - it's a growing up on the North Side thing. :p
So once we book flights, no adding of days for us. Probably a good thing.

I check the SWA prices daily and I managed to save $44 today on my husband's flight to MCO. Unfortunately, when I searched for a second sale ticket for my flight, there weren't any. I always book our ticket separately because it is easier to keep track of the points and the credits that way. And obviously, it pays off when there is only one ticket on sale. ;)
I once had to call SW to split up my travel party since one person needed to change their ticket to come home earlier and I could not make the change on my own. Ever since then, I do the same! It drives me nuts when places have "only one seat" left on sale.

Have you ever used SW gift cards to book your flights? I use Disney gift cards from Target to save 5% with my Red Card. $50 on every $1000 is helpful. Target also sells SW gift cards, but I believe you're limited to only 3 payments types at SW? I'm always afraid I'll be stuck with some strange denomination on a card or not know how much I will actually need. I usually forgo that 5% savings. Haha

Have you ever used SW gift cards to book your flights? I use Disney gift cards from Target to save 5% with my Red Card. $50 on every $1000 is helpful. Target also sells SW gift cards, but I believe you're limited to only 3 payments types at SW? I'm always afraid I'll be stuck with some strange denomination on a card or not know how much I will actually need. I usually forgo that 5% savings. Haha
I have used the SWA gift cards a couple of times, but like you, I don't really like to use them. We discovered that the Coin machine at the grocery store will issue a gift card for the full value of the coins you put in the machine instead of charging 8% to cash in your coins for dollars. So we collect our coins and once we get more than $100 worth we turn it into a SWA gift card. But you have to keep track of the gift card number in case a travel credit gets applied to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter