***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Only 16 days left until our flight leaves, and I just cancelled my resort reservation, because of so many bad reviews for the timeshare/tickets packages at the Fountains.

We fly out 10/12 and return 10/21.

So...any opinions Lake Buena Vista Resort Village, Mystic Dunes, or a private home rental? There are 6 of us, the youngest two are 16 years old, so we need a place with plenty of room.

The good news is we at least have a throw away tent site we can camp on if we have to. Magic Bands have already arrived.

30 days out! Garden Grocer order placed, Magical Extras booklet received! (Not that I'll be using any of the discounts, maybe one day we'll have enough time for mini-golf!) Once our bands ship the real countdown begins. I remember when DS was 3 and he asked when we would be back to WDW, and I said when you turn 6. That seemed so far off. Of course, we wound up doing a trip in between, but I still can't believe he's already turning 6!

Hoping for a big surprise this weekend!

Going to WDW for 7 days starting on 10/1. My wife and I, our 4 year old daughter and almost 2 year old son. My in-laws are going as well, plenty of help! It's early but we want to see that magic look on their face when they see their favorite characters!

I'm hoping to keep the surprise going until we hit our hotel at POR or maybe even the Magic Kingdom! We'll see! So excited!

Now to figure out how to wake them up at 4:30 AM...

30 days out! Garden Grocer order placed, Magical Extras booklet received! (Not that I'll be using any of the discounts, maybe one day we'll have enough time for mini-golf!) Once our bands ship the real countdown begins. I remember when DS was 3 and he asked when we would be back to WDW, and I said when you turn 6. That seemed so far off. Of course, we wound up doing a trip in between, but I still can't believe he's already turning 6!

We're at 33! So excited! We don't have a booklet; I'll have to watch for that. Does it come right from Disney?

Are you all packed and ready! I've been squirrelling away new items (particularly for DGC) into a suitcase for weeks - Disney water bottles, sunglasses, t shirts, glow bands, rain ponchos etc etc!!!!

Sort of... Have been packing tonight, will finish tomorrow. Because we don't really have any disney things for sale over here, we are going to shop when we get there - worth the money when you can't get it at home! So our suitcases are very empty!

We leave in 16 days and this is our first time staying in property AOA for 2 days and gf for 5. All my little one with autism wants to do is swim in the pools and so far it looks like thunderstorms all day the 2 days before we get there. Hoping it leaves before. I don't mind it raining in park days just want to enjoy the pools!!!! Anybody else watching the weather like crazy???

We leave in 16 days and this is our first time staying in property AOA for 2 days and gf for 5. All my little one with autism wants to do is swim in the pools and so far it looks like thunderstorms all day the 2 days before we get there. Hoping it leaves before. I don't mind it raining in park days just want to enjoy the pools!!!! Anybody else watching the weather like crazy???

There's really no use in looking at the weather in Florida more than 24 hours out. It will probably rain, as it does most days. I would be surprised if it rained so much that your little one couldn't swim at all. Just be aware if you are in the pool and storms are within a certain radius, they will clear the pool and surrounding area for safety. So you might want to prepare him for that possibility.

We've had luck with no rain our past 2 trips so I feel like we're "due" for some this trip. DS loves the pool too and we're planning on him getting 2 pool days. Hoping it won't rain then or rain out the Boo to You Parade. Any other rain we can roll with!

We learned that it was best to plan our pool time for the morning and very early afternoon in rainy weather. The thunderstorms tend to build in the afternoons, so they are most likely to close the pools due to lightening some time after 2pm.

The weather is very unpredictable in Florida so there is no use in worrying about it ahead of time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter