***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Inu
There's really no use in looking at the weather in Florida more than 24 hours out. It will probably rain, as it does most days. I would be surprised if it rained so much that your little one couldn't swim at all. Just be aware if you are in the pool and storms are within a certain radius, they will clear the pool and surrounding area for safety. So you might want to prepare him for that possibility.

I know. I used to live in Florida. It rained pretty much every day. I'm trying not to stress! Just so excited!

So, 2 months ago I asked my dearest, darling child which park he wanted to do on our last day. He said "Animal Kingdom" and specifically asked for FoP. I was up stupid early and got lucky enough to find one in the afternoon when my FP window opened.

While discussing our plans and what we were going to do when he said "Wait only a few hours at HS??? I wanna go there! I wanna eat at the 60s Diner!" So, the only option I could find was, of course, the fourth/last day at Disney. Thankfully, with the FoP on our arrival day secured just a few days/week ago with that big FP+ drop from the skies, I agreed. Otherwise, the poor kid was just gonna be out of luck!

Our MagicBands have shipped too!!! :banana::cheer2::banana: I'm excited to get this set too! I chose a color I had never had before, so even though we are going to be using the ones we had already decorated, it's still fun to get another set for the rebooked trip! We are going to take these new ones with us just in case we have problems with the cancelled trip ones. I've been looking through our old trip photos today, while loading them onto google photos. It's made me really excited to get there!!!! :earseek::bounce:

Epcots 35th is my animal kingdom day. I planned it that way incase in increased the crowds at Epcot. Is there any way to get 35th merch without a park hopper?

20 days!!!!! I am over the moon excited! :yay:
I just need to get the accessory items for our MNSSHP costumes from the craft store and maybe some extra socks for the kids and I think I'm done with purchases.:scared: I may have bought myself more disney tees for the trip than I did for anyone else. Oops. :rolleyes1

13 school days!
10 more work days!
:rainbow:

16 days to go. We have our magicbands. Kids have demanded to wear theirs already. I admit It's nice to have a touch of Disney to brighten your day. I just told them not to lose them before we go. DS and DD have had their birthdays! Doesn't seem real that I have an adult child now. Today it really hit me when I realize on Saturday it would be only 2 weeks away. What!!!! I'm starting to second guess some things. I had planned to pack light and do laundry mid trip and take an extra duffel bag in our suitcase if we needed more space to bring home souvenirs. But then if I went out and got a couple more Disney shirts we would have enough for the whole week. But I'm not sure all my shorts will fit me (Gained a few lbs this summer) so I'm mostly planning on wear my 2 pairs of capris and calling it good.

Finally caught up! I fell behind because I have been busy working and reworking my lists! I've also ordered things from amazon and a clothing catalog. Trying to get duplicates or extras of everyday items so I can pack by Columbus Day. I don't think I have ever worked up to the day before we leave before. ( we've gone at times when I was off from school) Retiring at the end of this year, and what better way to use up accumulated leave hours than going to WDW?!
16 days!!!
Hope all you early Octoberites have wonderful trips!

I'm ashamed, I did that for myself at the 30 day mark...o_O
Don't be ashamed, I think it's pretty clever! Definitely simplifies the actual packing day. I have big plans for packing, labeled ziplocs for each person ordered by day. My 13yo says she can pack herself but maybe I can convince her my ziploc sorting is the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter