Hey, Mr. Arnstein, here I am!

sorry, mike i thought we were doing a literal singing. After

Should I do the things he'll tell me to....?

is

In this pickle, what would Sadie do?

New one (this is a toughie):

With my high-starched collar and my high-top shoes,
And my hair piled high upon my head....

I went to lose a jolly hour on the trolley,
And lost my heart instead.

You really want to start this :rotfl2:

OK OK I googled! I admit it :confused3

M4travels said:
I think it's time for me to hand in my gay card!

You're not alone, M4travels. I have no idea what any of this means!

Didn't you get your copy of Funny Girl with your orientation kit?

OrlandoMike said:
I went to lose a jolly hour on the trolley,
And lost my heart instead.

You really want to start this :rotfl2:

OK OK I googled! I admit it :confused3

With his light brown derby and his bright green tie
He was quite the handsomest of men
I started to yen, so I counted to ten the I counted to ten again

I wish I could add a poll to see who, by age group gets this thread :rotfl2:

iankh said:
With his light brown derby and his bright green tie
He was quite the handsomest of men
I started to yen, so I counted to ten the I counted to ten again
Clang Clang Clang went the trolly...

(OK, I'll admit I cheated too. I knew it didn't start with the chorus but didn't remember the introduction. DH did though! Do I have to give the toaster back?)

Dont feel bad, my DH still insists that "I Will Only Love You" was written for Whitney to sing in the Bodyguard.

Good God don't let Dolly know that!

At which point in the Trolly song does that guy yell out "Hey Judy" by mistake?

And for those of you who are too young to remember, the code used to be "A friend of Judy" as in Judy Garland to refer to other gay people. You could go up to a stranger at a party and ask them if they were a friend of Judy's and you would know if they were gay or not. This term is still used on cruise ships to desiginate meeting times in some bars......"Friends of Judy 8:00 in the Lido Lounge". I about fell over the first time I saw this! Perhaps we should start a gay history thread for all of our younger brothers and sisters. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me there isnt someone out here who does not know what Stonewall is!?!?!

OK, I have to break the stereotypes and say that you guys aren't the only ones that are into musicals. Where's Valentine - she could jump in too! How about this one:

"Ambrose - do a turn, let me see!"

Look your Dancing!

It helps to have the broadway channel on while you clean the house.

See, as a music major partnered to a great guy whose sister and her husband are theatre people, I should NOT be lost in all of this. I'm going to blame the forgetfulness on getting out of music and into dogs!

Now, I can come up with all the words to West Side Story (no, not just Maria's part!!!) as that was my very first musical. Ah, the days of the Jets....

Michael

Okay, let me break another stereotype by saying I'm singing along with every musical reference here, too...and I'm not gay! But please don't boot me off the thread--I'm a part-time musical theater director and a hefty percentage of my buds in the business are "Friends of Judy", so do I qualify by proxy? Can I stick around and play, pleeeeeeze? :goodvibes Love this thread, by the way! (And I wish I had a Broadway channel...got the Sirius radio version, though, and that kept me going while I was painting my house!)

"He tipped his hat, and took a seat...he said he hoped he hadn't stepped upon my feet..." (No Googling, I promise!)

My cable company here in Orlando has a "Show Tune" channel, think its channel 437 here. There is also a broadway channel offered through AOL if you like listen to music from your computer.

Let's go way back............

Why oh why oh why oh..........Why did I ever leave.......???

OrlandoMike said:
And for those of you who are too young to remember, the code used to be "A friend of Judy" as in Judy Garland to refer to other gay people. You could go up to a stranger at a party and ask them if they were a friend of Judy's and you would know if they were gay or not. This term is still used on cruise ships to desiginate meeting times in some bars......"Friends of Judy 8:00 in the Lido Lounge". I about fell over the first time I saw this! Perhaps we should start a gay history thread for all of our younger brothers and sisters. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me there isnt someone out here who does not know what Stonewall is!?!?!

That's interesting. I grew up in NYC and we use to say, "Friends of Dorothy," as a matter of fact the very first gay restaurant I went to in the Village was called, "The Yellow Brick Road."

Hisselfness and I are very much into gay history. Hisselfness is a Chicago writer and right now is nearing completion of a Chicago gay history book. Me, I'm the musical queen. Hey, I grew up in NY and was listening to cast albums when I was 8 years old! If that wasn't a sign for my parents, I don't know what was.

I can't believe this thread went to Meet Me In St Louis!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I love it!

"Ambrose - do a turn, let me see!"

Mr Hackle / Mr Tucker Take Irene and Minnie.... :smooth:

Oh geez I hope this is right - It's WAY too late to give back my card now ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter