Hey there - Norm and I are back

snelsonbrown

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo
First I want to say thanks for all of those that wrote wishing us just a whole lot of nice send offs to mine and Norm's 50th class reunion - it was a blast - it was easy to slip back to way back then with the kids we grew up with - anyhow I was able to do some scouting around and found that the "natives" were not very cooperative with information as to a number of things - I did bring back a bunch of brochures that would help you while in Key West - I believe the most distrubing situation I ran into was while I was in the Northern part of Duval Street - I just happened to start talking to a couple who appeared to be very upset - to make a long story short - they had just come from one of the tee shirt shops paying $90.00 for a bathing suit that was advertised for 20.00 - by the time it was silk-screened, overlayed with "24K" gold etc - the suit ran over 90.00 - when they started questioning the bill, they were told the police would be called - they paniced and just paid (from their country, when the police are called means they go to prison and wait for years to get out) I was vivid that this occurred - so I did go to the shop and I did confront the owners and I was able to get these folks back their monies - now just remember the louder the music in this shops, the most likely you will overspend and not realize it until it is over - there have been much controversery over these shops and their tatics of business - Key West is not the Key West I grew up in - electric cars and scooters are great to get around in - traffic is slow and yes parking is super bad especially downtown but if you go on side streets - parking can be found - I brought back a bunch of stuff that will help while down there if you are interested - I still recommend Vinny from Touch of Gold - Shelly from Key Kats and Charlie from Moped Hospital - If I can help, just drop me a note or you can call me at the shop - no problem.
Take care and hugssssss from this part of Florida
With love always
Shirley

Glad to hear your reunion went well! 50th class reunion? You both must have been child prodigies, and graduated when you were 5 yrs old!
Your home town of Key West is quite a place. Thank you so much for all of your help. The "Conch Train" was a lot of fun, and I would highly recommend it (Thanx!).
The Butterfly Museum was great! Anyone, young or old who wants to get away from the bar scene should see this place. There were hundreds of beautiful butterflies, flying through neatly groomed gardens.
A severe thunderstorm cut short our afternoon, but was still quite rememberable. Everyone ran for cover when the skies opened up. Fortunately we found a portico where we, along with 25 Spanish speaking folks were somewhat protected from the storm. As the lightening flashed, and hail fell all of the men started singing "Singing in the Rain". Between the Spanish accent, and my poor singing it was hilarious!!!!
We returned to Mallory Square in the evening to see an array of "acts" including the balloon man, one man band, escape artist, etc.
Shirly & Norm, thanks again for all of your help. We look forward to seeing you again!

I had a litle trouble sending you the envelope. It came back to me so I sent it off yesterday. I hope that you get it soon. I really appreciate your offer for getting brochures. Thanks again and welcome back.

Shirley,

Welcome Back! Glad to hear you had a great time at the reunion. We're heading your way. We sail on Saturday and will be in Key West this Sunday. Thanks for all the info you sent. Can't wait to see the basket you are doing for my mother-in-law. She's going to be so surprised!

Ditto here - welcome back and glad you enjoyed your trip. It was so nice of you to help those people. Living in New York City I know how disgusted you feel when you get taken advantage of. $90.00 for a bathing suit - if you are interested I have a bridge in NY.....

Can't wait to discuss Frank and Lucy's baskets with you for our 5/18 sailing on the Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter