Hey Vera Bradley Hipster fans - to mini or not?

ColoradoLime

wait awhile between eating and goat staring
I'm going to buy a hipster for our Disney trip, should I go with the mini hipster or the regular size? I'm thinking I don't need too much as DH will be carrying the backpack for all our bulky items.

Thoughts?

Hello there :) My mom just received her mini in the mail today (got a retiring print on clearance from verabradley.com) and it seems to be the perfect size for what she will probably carry. She doesn't need much, as our trip next month will consist of her and myself. She will probably carry things such as her camera (it's quite slim), any necessary "cards" (resort keys, IDs, debit or credit cards, fast passes, etc), cell phone, money, small bottle of suntan lotion, gum, and that is probably it!

It's a pretty nice size if that's about all you're going to put in there. It's definitely not as large and roomy as the regular hipster, but my mom said that would have overwhelmed her and probably convince her to pack things she doesn't need!

Hope that helps somewhat.

I have the regular hipster, which I love, but I just ordered the mini hipster (in Peacock) for my WDW trip because we'll also be carrying a backpack. If you enter "extra20" you'll get 20% off your online order.

I have the regular hipster, which I love, but I just ordered the mini hipster (in Peacock) for my WDW trip because we'll also be carrying a backpack. If you enter "extra20" you'll get 20% off your online order.

oooh - thanks for the tip!

I just ordered! Thanks for the code and I ordered a discontinued color normally $45 so here's my total page:

Mini Hipster
Item #10334
Riviera Blue 1 Received $16.00 $16.00

A 20% discount has been applied to an item in this order. -$3.20
Subtotal: $12.80
Shipping: $8.00
Tax: $1.72
Total: $22.52

Thanks y'all!:goodvibes

I have both and to be honest I prefer the smaller one simply because it can't hold as much. :D I find that if I use the larger one my shoulders hurt from being tense over having to hold it up all day. The smaller one by contrast seems to disappear on your shoulders. I was able to put in it yesterday:

a smal hairbrush
lipstick
a package of kleenex
compact digital camera
extra cam battery
house keys
check card/license/cash
change
a tampon :rolleyes1

and I think that's it. Not bad though, and I had everything I needed to go to the zoo. I originally had a small container of advil as well as some mints but I left those in the car, figuring I could always go back if need be.

Worked out great!

I went Vera Bradley crazy the other week, and I bought a hipster, a mini hipster, a backpack, a cargo sling, and a libby purse.

The Libby went to my mom for her purse, and I have been using them mini hipster.

It's the perfect size for my keys, coin purse, Ipod, cell phone, and anything else I need to pop in there. It's tiny enough I can just leave it on and not notice it, and it's all organized. It's the best purse I've ever had.

The hipster is a bigger overall bag and we'll be using it for when we need a bigger bag in WDW. I wish it had more pockets.

The cargo sling is AWESOME with pockets, and easy to carry, so is the backpack.

When I went to a store with VB stuff in it, they also have a new bag, the mailbag which is like a hipster with a flap over it. I'd love that one but there are no sales on them right now...

The mini hipster is nice, but it's really small. If you're not going to cram a lot into it, it will work fine. However, if you try to cram too much into it, the problem is that the strap is really thin. Therefore, it tends to cut into your shoulder.

For this reason, I don't really like the mini hipster unless all I'm carrying is my phone, credit cards, money and chapstick. Anything else seems to weigh it down to much for the thin strap to support. (And it's think and I think it looks weird if you over stuff it.)

I know if you have the larger one, people tend to stuff more in it, but at least the strap is wider and so it doesn't hurt your shoulder as much.

Last trip I used the mini hipster and it worked out perfectly! My husband also held a backpack for all the bulky things. So I put my own little personal things in the hipster. Sometimes I even put the mini hipster inside the backpack...it's so small that it could fit in easily! However, when I did sling it over my shoulders, I never even knew it was there. I would definitely recommend the mini hipster, especially if your husband will be carrying a backpack as well!

Sounds like me!! I just went Peacock nuts...got the mini-hipster, a tech case (for my camera) and a wallet-type thing, more like a change purse with a see through thingie for a license on the front. Then, a cell phone holder. The cell phone holder goes around the mini-hipster strap, the tech case goes in the bag, or on my belt loop. I take a disp. poncho, and that change thing holds all my cards (AP, license, TiW card, room key, and FPs). And they all match....then I take the small backpack as my 'pocketbook' on the plane. And I used that code as well...saved me a ton of money.

I bought the mini hipster and the matching mini zip wallet a couple of months ago for our upcoming trip and I think they're going to be perfect for Disney!!! I can't wait to go and try 'em out!! :thumbsup2

Carla

Enablers!!! :rotfl: I had already ordered the hispter and zip around wallet in Peacock a few weeks ago and now I have ordered the mini hipster, too! (the extra20 code pushed me over the edge!) Can't wait to get it!! :yay:

Sounds like me!! I just went Peacock nuts...got the mini-hipster, a tech case (for my camera) and a wallet-type thing, more like a change purse with a see through thingie for a license on the front. Then, a cell phone holder. The cell phone holder goes around the mini-hipster strap, the tech case goes in the bag, or on my belt loop. I take a disp. poncho, and that change thing holds all my cards (AP, license, TiW card, room key, and FPs). And they all match....then I take the small backpack as my 'pocketbook' on the plane. And I used that code as well...saved me a ton of money.

THe zip front ID holder is the best thing! It is my favorite item (besides my hipsters)... I only have one of the ID holders, but I transfer it from purse to purse - It holds all of my credit cards (which aren't many), my debit cards and gift cards. Not only that but I fold some of my receipts in there too. I love that my ID never gets lost because it is always peeking through the window.

D~

Just a note for all of you who have the hipster. My DD has a new one and where it snaps on the side, it tore a little right at the snap. I am so mad about it, and I plan to try to swap it out. We have never had a problem with anything else so I was surprised when this happened. Just be extra careful when opening the side pocket. ;)

I just ordered some things, including the mini hipster
I used a VB handbad when we went last September, it has the long shoulder strap that I wore across my body and it was very comfortable
I like the fact that the fabrics are lighter than most backpack fabric
thanks for the 20% off tip!

I couldn't stand it -- I went back and got the Zip ID Case, Pocket Wallet, Cargo Sling, Readers Case, and Coin Purse, all in Peacock, to match the mini-hipster that I just ordered! :rotfl2:

I can't say which will work better for Disney b/c I haven't been (yet-Dec 2009!!) I bought myself the Hipster in Bali Blue and bought DD13 the Libby in Bali Gold. I think that they will both be perfect for us. My camera is larger and will fit quite nicely in the Hipster. No way will DH carry a backpack...I will be the bag carrier for our trip! :) I am always looking for a reason to buy a new VERA!!

I can't say which will work better for Disney b/c I haven't been (yet-Dec 2009!!) I bought myself the Hipster in Bali Blue and bought DD13 the Libby in Bali Gold. I think that they will both be perfect for us. My camera is larger and will fit quite nicely in the Hipster. No way will DH carry a backpack...I will be the bag carrier for our trip! :) I am always looking for a reason to buy a new VERA!!

Just bought the hipster in Bali Gold...love the colors!!!! So summer-like! Love the new Bali Blue, too. Trying to figure out what to get in that pattern...not sure yet, but I'm sure I'll figure something out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter