Hey Vera Bradley Hipster fans - to mini or not?

Just bought the hipster in Bali Gold...love the colors!!!! So summer-like! Love the new Bali Blue, too. Trying to figure out what to get in that pattern...not sure yet, but I'm sure I'll figure something out!

I know they are very summer! I went looking for my Disney bag and the sales lady showed me the catalog of the colors that were coming out and I KNEW that Bali Blue was mine! I am such an addict.:)

I love that I'm not the only addict - I'm stalking ebay right now for some retired colors before I decided if I have to pay full price. Although I might end of doing that anyway!!

Any of you who live ANYWHERE near Fort Wayne should go the first weekend in May to the big sale they hold each year at the Coliseum. They also do one in the fall, and as I understand it they do one in Atlanta sometime too.

This year you have to register from their website www.verabradley.com to get a card to go into the show. Previous years people have gone in and spent the limit, put it in the car, and come back over and over to sell stuff on ebay, but this year you have to have the card and can only spend 2500 total. Thank goodness. I was tired of there never being anything "good" left :D

Anyway, that is coming up in 2 weeks here so check it out!

:thumbsup2 I am a VB freak, too. I traveled from Mississippi to Fort Wayne last Oct. for the sale and got $1000 worth for $350. :woohoo: It was such a fabulous trip. I highly recommend it for anyone.

I usually carry the Mini Hip to Disney but last year got to try my Mom's small Backpack when she wasn't using it. I really liked the size of the Backpack and having both arms free. So I have one to try for our trip in Oct. I am 5'4 and am very Pooh sized (22w) and the mini hip hits me just fine across the chest. I did ask the guys in Fort Wayne about coming out with a Disney Pattern--licensing with WDW is too difficult he said--but that would be CRACK HEAVEN!! Thanks for the head's up for the coupon......hmmm which pattern to try this time??:love:

I did ask the guys in Fort Wayne about coming out with a Disney Pattern--licensing with WDW is too difficult he said--but that would be CRACK HEAVEN!!

Crack heaven indeed!! :rotfl:

I would totally love a red pattern with Mickey heads all over it. Think pink elephants but Mickey!!

OK, I just ordered another backpack for Disney (don't tell DH because now I have 4 :rolleyes1) I just bought my first VB backpack. Can't wait until it gets here.

Okay, folks, thanks for the extra20 code. I just purchased a hipster for me and a Villager for my mom for Mother's Day. I ordered both in the retiring color, so that's how I justified purchasing another bag. I will carry the hipster for my personal items and digital camera and some cheapy (probaby Vera knock off) tote for my sons' extra clothing, diapers, etc. for the stroller.

Finalized the order for my daughter's mini hipster in peacock - can't beat $16!! Plus I won an ebay auction for a mini hipster in pink elephants for $16 too!!! Now I'm watching an auction for a java blue purse - DH is going to kill me. lol

This mini hipster sounds so much better than what I usually use a fanny pack. :sad2: I'm wondering if there's a place for your cell phone in it?

I love my hipster but am thinking of getting a mini for Sept trip...

Any thoughts on the thinner strap?

If you wanted to see the hipster in action, QVC has a video: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...esc.Vera-Bradley-Signature-Cotton-Hipster-Bag

I couldn't help it. I bought the pinwheel pink hipster and strapped wallet at ebags with a pricematch from Amazon.com. The hipster (new style) bag came to $34.99 with free shipping code CATAPLPH8. I just filled out their pricematch form and got the amount refunded.

I'm ordering the mini-bag in Bali Gold from QVC right now because it comes with the wallet for $49.20 (only $5 more than the Vera Bradley price for the mini-bag alone).

I've been reading reviews on both bags all day and I can't help it. :rolleyes1

This mini hipster sounds so much better than what I usually use a fanny pack. :sad2: I'm wondering if there's a place for your cell phone in it?

Yes, You can open the flap and there is a pocket for a phone or Ipod, then there is an open pocket along the back of the mini for a phone. The interior pocket under the flap zips closed for extra security. There is also a see through card or driver's license window just inside the flap for esy access. It really is a very nice bag. I like it much better than my Baggalini. I used the extra 20 code and got another one today--had to have a crack fix.:rotfl:

Yes, You can open the flap and there is a pocket for a phone or Ipod, then there is an open pocket along the back of the mini for a phone. The interior pocket under the flap zips closed for extra security. There is also a see through card or driver's license window just inside the flap for esy access. It really is a very nice bag. I like it much better than my Baggalini. I used the extra 20 code and got another one today--had to have a crack fix.:rotfl:

Thanks for letting me know about the place for the cell phone! Now I have no reason to go back to my horrible fanny pack! :goodvibes

I love my hipster but am thinking of getting a mini for Sept trip...

Any thoughts on the thinner strap?

As long as I didn't over pack it, the thin strap never bothered me. If I tried to carry too much it started cutting into my shoulder.

I took some comparison pictures for you guys, if you want to see the size difference between the two. I was feeling bored and hopefully, this will help someone!

IMG_6315.jpg

Under the flap with the ID holder that was mentioned previously.
IMG_6316.jpg

The inside pocket
IMG_6317.jpg

The back slip in pocket
IMG_6318.jpg

Inside pocket of regular hipster with bottle of water for reference
IMG_6321.jpg

Back zipper on regular hipster
IMG_6322.jpg

Wow! Those pictures are fantastic. Thanks so much. The strap on the mini looks like it will be just fine! :cool1:

Thanks for the pics they really helped! :goodvibes I was wondering if sunglasses could fit in the mini and it looks like they can YEAH! :cool1:

BTW, ebay has some good deals on the minis, now I'll just see if I can bid and win. I'm not going to WDW til Sept so I have a while to try to be a winning bidder. Ok, I'm kinda cheap I admit it. :rolleyes1

Well, the photos convinced me... Just ordered the mini hipster & zip id case in peacock. I love when retiring patterns go on sale! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter