Hey Vera Bradley Hipster fans - to mini or not?

a tad bit off the thread topic of hipsters, but still a Vera Bradley question:

do you kind of classify your bags to fit the seasons (spring/summer and fall/winter) and then only carry those bags during their seasons? i can't decide if i am nuts or what. i have a hipster in capri pink and just don't feel like carrying it now that it is fall. i switched to my java blue and the new carnaby patterns which are darker & more suited for fall, but i don't have them in hipsters or a park-friendly style. i am leaving for Disney later this week & am trying to convince myself that i don't need to go out and buy a fall looking hipster for the trip & that no one will point & laugh at me for carrying capri pink in Sept & Oct, but i just can't do it.

my other option is my raspberry fizz libby, but i think that one is pretty spring/summer as well.

please tell me i am nuts. my wallet (& husband) will thank you!! or actually, maybe i want you to agree with me so that i have an excuse to go get a new Vera!!!

do you kind of classify your bags to fit the seasons (spring/summer and fall/winter) and then only carry those bags during their seasons? i can't decide if i am nuts or what. i have a hipster in capri pink and just don't feel like carrying it now that it is fall. i switched to my java blue and the new carnaby patterns which are darker & more suited for fall, but i don't have them in hipsters or a park-friendly style. i am leaving for Disney later this week & am trying to convince myself that i don't need to go out and buy a fall looking hipster for the trip & that no one will point & laugh at me for carrying capri pink in Sept & Oct, but i just can't do it.

my other option is my raspberry fizz libby, but i think that one is pretty spring/summer as well.

please tell me i am nuts. my wallet (& husband) will thank you!! or actually, maybe i want you to agree with me so that i have an excuse to go get a new Vera!!!

LOL you're not going to love my answer then.... any excuse to buy a new bag is a good excuse... :rotfl2:

I have 3 hipsters... I mostly carry those when I am going somewhere that I want to be "hands free"... so, Disney, the zoo, the Mall of America, amusement parks. I have 3 colors to go with my mood/season - which ever prevails that day.

I carried my Bali BLue Morgan all summer - I love that bag - and it just speaks summer to me.

Currently, I am carrying my Java Blue large tictac tote - because that is a little more fall, but it's also very large, and I don't necessarily need such a large bag right now. SO, I am not sure if I am going to stick with that, or move on to something else.

I am really like Night Owl lately, so I am tempted to get that in the new hipster - just to see if I like the new style better.

I just like variety...

Personally, I think your capri melon hipster would be just fine for Disney - I couldn't believe the variety of Vera bags and patterns we saw while we were down there... and it was kind of fun to play "I spy" and name them when we saw them... my dds and I still do that when we are at home. :thumbsup2

Let us know what you decide. :worship:

D~

I got a nite owl hipster to carry at DW when we go next month. I bought it from the website (1) because I like it and (2) because it was on sale. :goodvibes I've been trying to figure out if I would carry it in the spring if we went then. Just not sure but I do like the pattern so who knows, I just might. When we go next month I'm also taking my backpack. I've always carried it to the parks. I've never used a hipster so I decided just in case I prefer my old standby backpack (older pattern and I can't remember what it's called right now), I'd better take it also.

Donna

Disney always feels like a bright, fun colors to me...any season!

I do change up colors at home sometimes, but for Disney - I always go for a spring/summer feel. I'm usually in shorts, the sun is usually shining and I'm on vacation.

It's not just season, but location, as well. In September I have no issue using Pinwheel pink and Daisy Daisy at WDW. In Boston, same time frame, I use Java Blue or Hope Garden. If it's warm enough to wear shorts and sleeveless tops, it's NOT fall! :lmao:

Thanks for all of the advice, everyone! :)

I'm definitely now leaning towards the regular-sized hipster just because I think I'd get more use out of it on a day-to-day basis.

Now to choose a pattern...I'm thinking Java Blue or Bali Gold...leaning towards Java Blue as of right now! :goodvibes

Have you all seen the new patterns for Winter 2009? Here's a link! http://buythatpurse.com/blog/vera-bradley-winter-patterns-for-2009/ Here's a much better look at QVC: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...dley-Signature-Cotton-Mini-Hipster-withWallet

I like the orange one! I wonder which patterns will retire next...

I've been carrying the Hipster (old style) almost every day for a couple months now and I have to say ... I think I might prefer the Mailbag for our Disney trip, so I've been prowling eBay for slightly used models. I just spent three days at a music festival with my Hipster and it's *just* big enough for my camera, VB zip id case, and some pens. Of course you can cram some stuff in the zipper pocket too. But I was really wishing for something a bit bigger. So if I can find a Mailbag at what I consider a good price, I will probably buy it and test it before our trip. When we go in November, I'll probably have four VB bags along just in case. lol

And the Mini-Hipster is definitely too small for me -- I bought one new at the same time I got the Hipster. My Mini (in Peacock) will probably be going on eBay.

I've been carrying the Hipster (old style) almost every day for a couple months now and I have to say ... I think I might prefer the Mailbag for our Disney trip, so I've been prowling eBay for slightly used models. I just spent three days at a music festival with my Hipster and it's *just* big enough for my camera, VB zip id case, and some pens. Of course you can cram some stuff in the zipper pocket too. But I was really wishing for something a bit bigger. So if I can find a Mailbag at what I consider a good price, I will probably buy it and test it before our trip. When we go in November, I'll probably have four VB bags along just in case. lol

And the Mini-Hipster is definitely too small for me -- I bought one new at the same time I got the Hipster. My Mini (in Peacock) will probably be going on eBay.

On the VB message board, someone suggested that the Saddle Up is "the hipster all grown up", so I would suggest you try the saddle up too.

The only bad thing I have heard about the mail bag (and I think this would annoy me too) is that if you put anything in the front zip pocket, it makes the flap sag severely, making the whole bag sag in the middle, and look funny. So, if I were carrying the mailbag, I wouldn't put anything in that front zip pocket, making it somewhat of a waste. This is just my opinion though.

Let us know what you decide. :)

D~

Thanks for all of the advice, everyone! :)

I'm definitely now leaning towards the regular-sized hipster just because I think I'd get more use out of it on a day-to-day basis.

Now to choose a pattern...I'm thinking Java Blue or Bali Gold...leaning towards Java Blue as of right now! :goodvibes

Have you all seen the new patterns for Winter 2009? Here's a link! http://buythatpurse.com/blog/vera-bradley-winter-patterns-for-2009/ Here's a much better look at QVC: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...dley-Signature-Cotton-Mini-Hipster-withWallet

I like the orange one! I wonder which patterns will retire next...

I have a list of all the retiring patterns and styles (for fall 2009 and spring 2010), also photos of the new patterns (Spring 2010) and new styles on my VB resources message board. The link, if you're interested, is further up the page in this thread. :thumbsup2

D~

I just posted a bunch of pics on the "board" mentioned above. I didn't want to take up too much resource here - and I had other styles too...

so if you were looking for pics, I have some up (inside/and out) of: mini hipster/libby/betsy, and two accessories. etc

and colors: katherine, villa red, capri blue, raspberry fizz

added a small review and sizing.

Thanks so much for this thread...now i'm slowly becoming addicted! Like I need another one...ha

I've "tried on" the Saddle Up at our local Vera store, and I love it! Right now I'm thinking strictly in terms of budget. ;)

I have bought the hipster for our trip next year. But the days we will be at AK and MK I plan on taking a poncho and flip flops. I do not want to be soaked after the water rides. I do not believe these items will fit in the hipster. I am leaning toward the mailbag. Does anyone have any information or opinion on the mailbag? Thanks to everyone.
Debbie:love:

I think back about page 15 or 16, one of the members went to a store and took pics with some bags. I'm almost positive the mail bag is one of them...try clicking back and see if you can tell the sizing.

Also one of the members here has a Vera resource board with pics of different styles. I really found the pics with the insides and stuff in them helped me with size perspective....i believe it's something like vera bradley resources so again if you scroll back just a tiny bit, you should see the link. Can't remember if she has a mail bag up....there were quite a few.

Good luck finding the perfect bag for your trip. I know bags are an obsession of mine!

I have bought the hipster for our trip next year. But the days we will be at AK and MK I plan on taking a poncho and flip flops. I do not want to be soaked after the water rides. I do not believe these items will fit in the hipster. I am leaning toward the mailbag. Does anyone have any information or opinion on the mailbag? Thanks to everyone.
Debbie:love:

Debbie... I was able to fit 3 $1 ponchos in my hipster (never needed them) - but the plan was to throw them away after they were used - I'd never get themt hat small again. LOL

The Flip-flops won't fit - the bag won't zip... unless you have really, really small feet. I am trying to think of something Vera (are you wanting cross body?) that would potentially work.... The mailbag *might* work... I know the messenger would for sure work (but might just be too big for what you are wanting)... I have reviews of that one on my Message board.

Measurements are as follows:

Hipster: 10.5" x 11" x 1.3"
Mailbag: 11" x 11.5" x 1.5"
Messenger: 14.9" x 11.5" x 4"

To be honest the messenger isn't as big as it appears, and might work out really well... not only that, but it's a great useful bag once you're home. :thumbsup2

D~

Oh boy, I have yet another dilemma.

I'm in need of a new carry-on bag/tote---I definitely want one from Vera Bradley. Thing is, I'm torn about which to get.

My dream spurlge is the 17" Rolling Travel tote that's a whopping $180 http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?dept=302&sku=4017:403&

My other choice would be the Weekender that's $92 http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?dept=300&sku=10445:30&

Either is going to be a gift for Christmas from my parents---I just feel like $180 is too much (even though I love that the tote rolls) although I'm not sure the weekender is right for a carry-on. Any feedback?

I'd be using it just for magazines, snacks, papers...stuff like that.

Oh boy, I have yet another dilemma.

I'm in need of a new carry-on bag/tote---I definitely want one from Vera Bradley. Thing is, I'm torn about which to get.

My dream spurlge is the 17" Rolling Travel tote that's a whopping $180 http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?dept=302&sku=4017:403&

My other choice would be the Weekender that's $92 http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?dept=300&sku=10445:30&

Either is going to be a gift for Christmas from my parents---I just feel like $180 is too much (even though I love that the tote rolls) although I'm not sure the weekender is right for a carry-on. Any feedback?

I'd be using it just for magazines, snacks, papers...stuff like that.

I just reviewed the Weekender the other day on Resources... that might be helpful. :)

You could get the 17" rolling travel tote and review it... I've always wanted VB luggage, but I'm too cheapl LOL :worship:

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter