HHI LOVERS THREAD

Yes, there are many of us who feel the same about Disney's direction. I was selected for a survey recently on the member website. It was the first one that I have ever filled out that was mostly negative.

Anyway, we just got back from HH last week and it was wonderful! There were many outside contractors working in Building 30. We saw some furniture going in and it looked like new cabinets as well. I think those might be some of the "test" refurbs that sleepydob25 mentioned below.

We're there in May for our anniversary. Can't wait. Would love to see those rooms!!

I sure hope someone leaks photos.

We're there in May for our anniversary. Can't wait. Would love to see those rooms!!

I sure hope someone leaks photos.
I am hoping that photos of the refurbed rooms are shown at the 2021 Condo meeting in December, so that us as owners can see.

I am hoping that photos of the refurbed rooms are shown at the 2021 Condo meeting in December, so that us as owners can see.

I've not heard of them doing that. They play this kind of thing close to the vest. It's usually photos snapped by a guest. I think I read somewhere that the people who get to stay in those test rooms aren't even allowed to disclose any details. Fact or myth, I have no idea. I just hope we don't lose the magic and theming that drew us to DHHIR to begin with.

I would have said that ruining a DVC resort was impossible - until this.
I also would have said the change I'm most irritated about is G+ and lack of DVC discount for it. So, thanks, I guess, for distracting me from the G+ angst with this infinitely worse news.
I can't even process all of the emotions about this for not just traveling families, but B'Lou and Shaddow. I won't be able to go to HHI without shedding (more) tears for this loss.

I'm definitely going to start digging into this thread as it's been well over a decade since our last trip to HHI, but we had some expiring points and managed to snag three nights in early December on our drive down to a week at Disney.

Any thoughts on things to do in December at HHI? While I'm not opposed to a dip in the hot tub, are the pools heated at all? (My preliminary research states that they are, but who knows if that's accurate.)

Any other things to do during a not-prime time of year to visit? Just getting away from home for the first time in over two years will be a treat in and of itself!

Also, any good websites to look at for tips?

Last edited:
I'm definitely going to start digging into this thread as it's been well over a decade since our last trip to HHI, but we had some expiring points and managed to snag three nights in early December on our drive down to a week at Disney.

Any thoughts on things to do in December at HHI? While I'm not opposed to a dip in the hot tub, are the pools heated at all? (My preliminary research states that they are, but who knows if that's accurate.)

Any other things to do during a not-prime time of year to visit? Just getting away from home for the first time in over two years will be a treat in and of itself!

Yes, the pools are heated to approximately 84F, both the main pool (Big Dipper) and the Beach House pool. Here is a little known tip: the "feels like" temperature has to be at least 50F to swim in the Big Dipper pool; however, if you go to the Beach House pool, there is no such restriction, so you can swim to your heart's delight. As for things to do, HHI is pretty much a year-round destination anymore. Most boat tours still operate (as long as the weather is decent), mini-golf, shopping, golf, fishing, crabbing, and activities at the resort are also options.

If you are on FB, there is a good DVC HH thread there with wonderful members and helpful tips!

Awww, man... When we went for the first time last November, Shadow was 'traveling.' We have a trip planned for this coming February and am so bummed to hear this news. We thought the resort and staff were all lovely, and the island is just beautiful, relaxing, and fun.

Disney strikes again. I am very over all the IP shoved into places they really don't belong, and hope this is not the prelude to something on HHI as well.

I'm hoping to get a reservation for the week of Labor Day. What are the best activities for elementary aged kids? I've already found a mini golf place which they'll love, but what else is there?

I'm hoping to get a reservation for the week of Labor Day. What are the best activities for elementary aged kids? I've already found a mini golf place which they'll love, but what else is there?
On site they have activities all day on site like "Goofy Bingo", pool dance parties, and stuff like that. Once checked in, they will give you a schedule but note, some of them you will need to sign up and possibly pay for. Some of those activities go quick so sign up asap once arriving.

On site they have activities all day on site like "Goofy Bingo", pool dance parties, and stuff like that. Once checked in, they will give you a schedule but note, some of them you will need to sign up and possibly pay for. Some of those activities go quick so sign up asap once arriving.
Thanks!

Another question: can you use magic bands or is it only the access cards?

As of January 2021 it was access cards. I doubt they will be using magic bands in the future as there really isn't a need for them there.

Bummer. I really like not having to dig a card out of my purse or backpack and my kids are too young for access cards, but they love opening the doors with their MBs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter