*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Does anyone know if the Serg group restaurants still give a 10% DVC dining discounts? They aren't listed on the DVC website under Member Benefits except for Old Oyster Factory. We usually eat at Giuseppi's, Wayback Burger, Kilwins, One Hot Mama's, Frankie Bones, Poseidon, and Skull Creek Boathouse. I know I've been able to get 10% off at most of these, if not all. Also interested in Nectar Farm Kitchen this time.

Does anyone know if the Serg group restaurants still give a 10% DVC dining discounts? They aren't listed on the DVC website under Member Benefits except for Old Oyster Factory. We usually eat at Giuseppi's, Wayback Burger, Kilwins, One Hot Mama's, Frankie Bones, Poseidon, and Skull Creek Boathouse. I know I've been able to get 10% off at most of these, if not all. Also interested in Nectar Farm Kitchen this time.
We use the 10% discount at all serg places. You have to show your room key. (This was correct as of july 2022)

Wonder why it has disappeared from the DVC site?
PLEASE try to use it (or at least ask the front desk) at the sergeant restaurants next week, and report back here. It's a tradition for us to go to the Black Marlin early in our trip and we've always gotten the discount.

In the 3BR, bathrooms only in the bedroom areas, correct? Nothing just inside the entrance towards the living room?

Okay, this is an out of the blue remark, but I'm jonesing for some good pastries this morning and have none. So, that got me thinking about the best places in and around HHI. Here are my Top 3 (though for varying reasons):

Hilton Head Social Bakery
A superb, all-around pastry and light breakfast/lunch spot. They have some great desserts, pastries, quiches, sandwiches, and breads (I especially like their baguettes). One of the best things about them is their proximity to the resort--maybe a five-minute walk from your room and across the marina bridge and you're there. The only real downside to them is they are pricey. For example, their raspberry macaron is exceptional...and costs upwards of $8. Still, this is wonderful spot to find all kinds of treats. They have opened a second shop just down the Wm Hilton Pkwy just before you get to Sea Pines.

Oddbirds Cafe
This superb little joint is located in Bluffton just after you cross over the bridges (driving from the resort). It's located in a little shopping center off to the left of the first traffic light after crossing those bridges. Frankly, I like their pastry and bakery options better than HHSB, and they're less expensive, too. Their biscuits are excellent, as are their quiches, salads, and sandwiches. Of particular note, however, are two items I highly recommend. First, for those with a sweet tooth, the Salty Malty Chocolate Chip cookie is huge, costs less than $3, and is one of the best cookies ever. Soft, moist, rich, and gooey with just a touch of sea salt. You'll want more than one. Second, and the Grand Prize Winner is their Blueberry Muffin--hands down the best I've ever had, and I have had them from Maine to Alaska and numerous points in between on my travels and various duty stations. They are made with browned butter, with a bit of lemon zest tossed in, and chock full of juicy, plump blueberries. They will ruin you for any other blueberry muffins, and I suggest getting to Oddbirds early as they usually only make a dozen and often sell out. They are not open on Sundays, sadly.

Alljoy Donuts
No list would be complete without the best donut joint in town--this place is it. Trust me. I've recommended this little shop in Old Town Bluffton to several people, and every one of them has raved about it...and for good reason. These are the old-style yeast donuts, primarily, though I do believe they have some cake-style ones, too. The sign of a really good donut shop is how well they can make the signature, plain, glazed donut. Let me tell you, then, that Alljoy makes a stunningly good glazed donut. They also have another 20+ donuts of varying styles, one of the best being their Peanut Butter Cup donut--it satisfies both the yeasty donut and sweet tooth candy-lover at the same time. Their Apple Fritter is huge and one of the best I've ever had. So many selections to choose from but, again, their signature glazed donut is worth the drive alone. The one drawback? They're only open from 7 a.m. to 1p.m. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. And get there early for the best selection and lowest crowds.

Last edited:
Okay, this is an out of the blue remark, but I'm jonesing for some good pastries this morning and have none. So, that got me thinking about the best places in and around HHI. Here are my Top 3 (though for varying reasons):

Hilton Head Social Bakery
A superb, all-around pastry and light breakfast/lunch spot. They have some great desserts, pastries, quiches, sandwiches, and breads (I especially like their baguettes). One of the best things about them is their proximity to the resort--maybe a five-minute walk from your room and across the marina bridge and you're there. The only real downside to them is they are pricey. For example, their raspberry macaron is exceptional...and costs upwards of $8. Still, this is wonderful spot to find all kinds of treats. They have opened a second shop just down the Wm Hilton Pkwy just before you get to Sea Pines.

Oddbirds Cafe
This superb little joint is located in Bluffton just after you cross over the bridges (driving from the resort). It's located in a little shopping center off to the left of the first traffic light after crossing those bridges. Frankly, I like their pastry and bakery options better than HHSB, and they're less expensive, too. Their biscuits are excellent, as are their quiches, salads, and sandwiches. Of particular note, however, are two items I highly recommend. First, for those with a sweet tooth, the Salty Malty Caramel cookie is huge, costs less than $3, and is one of the best cookies ever. Soft, moist, rich, and gooey with just a touch of sea salt. You'll want more than one. Second, and the Grand Prize Winner is their Blueberry Muffin--hands down the best I've ever had, and I have had them from Maine to Alaska and numerous points in between on my travels and various duty stations. They are made with browned butter, with a bit of lemon zest tossed in, and chock full of juicy, plump blueberries. They will ruin you for any other blueberry muffins, and I suggest getting to Oddbirds early as they usually only make a dozen and often sell out. They are not open on Sundays, sadly.

Alljoy Donuts
No list would be complete without the best donut joint in town--this place is it. Trust me. I've recommended this little shop in Old Town Bluffton to several people, and every one of them has raved about it...and for good reason. These are the old-style yeast donuts, primarily, though I do believe they have some cake-style ones, too. The sign of a really good donut shop is how well they can make the signature, plain, glazed donut. Let me tell you, then, that Alljoy makes a stunningly good glazed donut. They also have another 20+ donuts of varying styles, one of the best being their Peanut Butter Cup donut--it satisfies both the yeasty donut and sweet tooth candy-lover at the same time. Their Apple Fritter is huge and one of the best I've ever had. So many selections to choose from but, again, their signature glazed donut is worth the drive alone. The one drawback? They're only open from 7 a.m. to 1p.m. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. And get there early for the best selection and lowest crowds.
Now I’m hungry and craving an apple fritter!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter