Hillary's Christmas Wedding PJ/Disneymoon@WL!**UPDATE 1/10! ***

We are staying at the Contemporary in a Magic Kingdom view room

Awesome! I'm jealous! Even though I can't WAIT for the WL (it's been my dream for years to stay there), I found a new appreciation for the Contemporary back in May when we explored around there. I think it's a great resort for adults, and I am obssessed w/the monorail so of course I love it. And it has the best MK views, hands down! That is so awesome you are staying there for your hm! You should start a PJ, unless you have already and I haven't seen it:confused3

Yay, I can't wait for the dress!

goshdarnit me too! Any day now....
They were closed today, and they SAID the dress was to be here on the 13th (last Monday), so I've got my fingers and toes crossed that maybe I'll get a call tommorow, or at least this week!

Ok so I uploaded some pictures the other night of stuff I have and some other stuff I've ordered, so I thought I would share!

I ordered this garter and guestbook set, from http://www.kensingtonclassics.com

happyeveraftergarter.jpg

happyeverafterguestbook.jpg

And the pen I ordered, not the matching one w/the book, I like this silver one better

pen.jpg

I love these, since I'm not having a Disney wedding, I get to add a few little touches in there, w/out people thinking it's cheesy or I'm silly or anything. I hope. And if they do, OH well!

And I fell in love w/this, it won't be my cake topper but I'm planning on putting it on the cake table somewhere

preciousmoments.jpg

And I already posted my invitation, but here it is again...

invitation.gif

And I took a picture of the b/w proof of what my invite will look like to give a better idea

Random072.jpg

Now this is hard to see, but my mom gave me this last week and I almost cried. My grandma, my dad's mother, made this for my mom when she got married. It's an ivory lace hanky, and it has a "J" (my mom's name is Jan) right there on the corner, it's hard to see though

Random080.jpg

I don't know where I'm going to use it, maybe wrap it around my bouquet, or attach it to my dress or something, haven't decided.

This is my picture frame w/the mat for people to sign, from Target

Random078.jpg

And then my unity candles and bubbles, all from Wal-Mart!! heck yeah.

Random079.jpg

And I loove this picture, when we had our pictures made back in October, I bought this for myself. Well Andy's mom was wanting to have a large one of those pictures made for our rehearsal dinner, but I no longer work at the photgraphy studio that did these so no discount, and they are NOT CHEAP, so, I told her she could use this one just for that night, to sit on a table or something, it's a 10x10 size, my friend that works there and is still going to do our wedding (he took the pictures in Oct too) made this composite for me

Random088.jpg

And this is my fave stuff, my bridesmaid gifts I've gotten so far

Random082.jpg

They have a bag, pair of sparkly flip flops for reception w/a small clutch bag, a tank (haven't done yet), some bath and body stuff, it's Pink Lemonade from the DOLLAR bin at Target, that pink thing is a photo album, also from Target. And then the smaller pink thing w/their initials is some tissues I found at a gift shop at the beach. And then on the right is some Harry Potter stuff I found in the dollar section at Target, b/c my friend is obsessed w/HP. Just thought it was cute stuff. I'm also going to get their jewelry, just haven't decided on anything yet.

closer picture

Random084.jpg

This is the tank I'm making, just haven't done them yet
Random083.jpg

and a better picture of the bag

Random085.jpg

I LOVE these. They are almost like a straw like material, and the color and the handles are beautiful. I got them from a local gift shop, but they have an online store, http://www.surcie.com

We also paid the deposit this week for the horse and carriage so I'm VERY excited we have that taken care of. It is costing more than alot of other stuff, but my mom was actually the one that had the idea and really really wanted to do it so she insisted on doing that and paying for it. It's really going to be beautiful, I'm just praying it doesn't rain!!

I also talked to the store ordering my dress, one is coming in next week finally, BUT, it's the one I've already tried on and know I like (the first one I posted). The lace one, the one that I haven't been able to try is shipping out on the 31st and she said it would be in the first or second week of September. argh. I just want to decide already!!!

Ok ,that's all I got for now, I'm off to enjoy the weekend!! Thanks for reading!

How FUN!!! I'm such a bargain shopper too!! =) Those are such cool ideas and I'm gonna incorporate the ideas & mindset of shopping for my wedding!!

I love the Target Dollar BIN =D

Congrats again!!!

Ok I'm so hooked on your report! it's about my 2 favorite things- weddings and disney! I love what you have come up with so far! I love a girl after my own heart with all the discount buying!!!! We had a beautiful wedding for 50 people for $5000! I know how to stretch a buck! I love the colors you chose too, i think adding a bit of some pinks would be beautiful!

As far as Disney goes, here's my suggestion: make an ADR for the night you arrive for about a 1/2 hour before Wishes starts, with a window view, and you will be seated when they pump the music thru and you can see the water parade from there as well. We did it on our Disneymoon and i cried like a baby. It also really gets you in the mood for the trip!

Looking fwd to seeing what else you have in store!

How FUN!!! I'm such a bargain shopper too!! =) Those are such cool ideas and I'm gonna incorporate the ideas & mindset of shopping for my wedding!!

I love the Target Dollar BIN =D

Congrats again!!!

Thanks!! I am def a bargain shopper now, I'm not working this semester b/c I'm so overloaded w/grad classes and the planning, so I don't have alot of extra money to spare!! Target is great,and I've found other great deals online and even in the dollar stores and of course Walmart. I think you can still have great stuff w/out spending a huge fortune. We are having some extravagances as well, but saving money in alot of other places. So I'm glad this has helped you! Thanks for joining in!

Ok I'm so hooked on your report! it's about my 2 favorite things- weddings and disney! I love what you have come up with so far! I love a girl after my own heart with all the discount buying!!!! We had a beautiful wedding for 50 people for $5000! I know how to stretch a buck! I love the colors you chose too, i think adding a bit of some pinks would be beautiful!

As far as Disney goes, here's my suggestion: make an ADR for the night you arrive for about a 1/2 hour before Wishes starts, with a window view, and you will be seated when they pump the music thru and you can see the water parade from there as well. We did it on our Disneymoon and i cried like a baby. It also really gets you in the mood for the trip!

Looking fwd to seeing what else you have in store!

Aw, thanks for reading and I'm glad you're enjoying it! And yay for discount shopping! That's awesome that you have a great wedding so cheap! We're doing good so far, but it's def going to be more than your budget, so congrats on THAT!!
And thanks for the advice about dining too! My family tradition has always been Downtown Disney on our arrival night, b/c we drive 8 hours to get there and don't do parks that first night. But I think our disneymoon would be a great time to change up tradition! I was considering California Grill, but after looking at the menu it's really just not our style. DF is kinda picky, and not too adventurous. I've heard GREAT things though about Narcoosee's, so I'm thinking about that. It's a bit expensive, but I want to have at least one nice dinner out. We'll see. Thanks for the friendly advice, and thanks for reading!

Your BM gift bags are so cute!!! I love you PJ.

Thanks so much for reading!!! I love the bags too!

So I have some REALLY REALLY great news to share! I've had this friend, who I grew up with since age 4 and we were like sisters all up through our second year or so of college. We did EVERYTHING together, she went on tons of family trips w/us, she really was like family, and we knew each other inside and out. Could finish each other's sentences, know what each other was thinking, etc. I've never had a bond w/anyone else like I did w/her. Well we just basically had a falling out a few years ago, pretty much just quit talking and lost touch.

About a year ago we came across each other on myspace, and started emailing some, and then we've run into each other at the school we both go to. And we've been saying we need to get together for awhile, and it just hasn't happened. Finally last night we went out to dinner, and just talked and talked and talked. It really just felt like nothing had changed. We just picked right back up where we left off.

My mom had kept telling me I really needed to ask her to be a bridesmaid, or I'd regret it. I mean, we planned our weddings together when we were little girls, and it's just been one of those things b/w us. And of course I've been happy w/everything, but I always felt there was something missing. Anyway, I just didn't know how she'd react, so I was really nervous. But, I asked her and she basically said yes!!!!!!!

I'm so so so happy. Words cannot even explain. Like I said, I was happy about the wedding, don't get me wrong....but I'm even MORE excited now, that she is going to be a part of it and I'll have her there w/me that day. So, now I have three bridesmaids, which means DF now has to add another groomsmen...which is complicated, b/c most of our friends are guys, we have a huge group of friends. But, it's hard to explain, but he's scared to hurt feelings, by just adding one. Right now, his best man is his dad and the other is his brother. So its ok. But its going to be hard to pick ONE friend. Out of all those guys. So he's thinking about adding his uncle as his third groomsmen. We'll see. I know he's stressing about it. I told him not to worry and do whatever makes him happy.

And now I also have to work out finding more bridesmaid gifts! I know Payless doesn't have those same shoes etc, but hopefully I'll be able to match stuff up pretty well. Wish me luck on that!!

Other than that, I think I've shared all my planning stuff so far. I'll add stuff as we get more done and the details come together. We're meeting w/my florist/caterer on Friday afternoon (they work together) to finalize some of that stuff. And planning on going w/my NEW bridesmaid Saturday to get her dress ordered so it will get here ASAP!

I'm also working out details of our DISNEYMOON! so that I can post some of that too. I got Tour Guide Mike, which is AWESOME, I highly reccommend it!! It has great tips and his crowd level calendar and best park days is just the coolest. So I've pretty much worked out what days we'll be going where, I just want to double check and then make a few ADRs.

We were also talking tonight and are thinking about extending the trip by one day. We had talked about it before, b/c DF is only actually taking 5 days off, even though we're going from Monday until the next Monday, coming home Tuesday. But he gets a day off a week so it's just working out good that he is getting some "free" days. Anyway, he thinks he can take another day off, so we're thinking about staying in St. Augustine on the way home, which is not quite halfway, and spending the day at this awesome hotel there downtown, and then driving the rest of the way the next day.

stgeorgeinn.jpg

The St. George Inn

Santa-Maria-balcony-two.jpg

The rooms are basically up above some of the shops around this square, and the balconys overlook. It's SO SO pretty.

Santa-Marialg.jpg

Pinta-3lg.jpg

I hate that long drive...it's fun going down b/c we're so excited, but coming home SUCKS. So, hopefully that will work out. Anyway, as soon as I get more itinerary worked out I will share that!! That is the FUN part!!

Thanks for reading!!!

Hi, I love seeing all your pictures of everything. The colors are terrific. I also had a Disneymoon 11 years ago. I wish you the best & will be sticking around to see how everything unfolds.

Wow, I bet you'll have a rough time trying to find all that stuff for your 3rd Bridesmaid, huh?

Hi, I love seeing all your pictures of everything. The colors are terrific. I also had a Disneymoon 11 years ago. I wish you the best & will be sticking around to see how everything unfolds.

Wow, I bet you'll have a rough time trying to find all that stuff for your 3rd Bridesmaid, huh?

Thanks for the compliments!! And how awesome that you had a disneymoon too! If you have any advice please let me know! I've gotten addicted to the honeymoon trip reports around here, and seeing what other people did on theirs!

And yes, I was a little stressed about finding stuff but thanks to the internet, I don't think it will be a problem. And of course it's MORE than worth it to have my oldest and closet friend in my wedding !:goodvibes

Thanks for reading!

School has been CRAZY this week, which sucks b/c I really wanted to finish my itineraries and make some ADRs, even though it may be too late for some of them. But I just haven't had time to do it. But I did want to mention that I am getting married in

100 DAYS!!

And I fell in love w/this, it won't be my cake topper but I'm planning on putting it on the cake table somewhere

preciousmoments.jpg

We're using this as our cake topper. We took it to our cake lady (don't worry, she knows we call her that). She was so worried about the weight of it. She's going to build in extra supports. I agree. I LOVE this figurine. We're actually thinking about getting bride and groom MM ears before the honeymoon just so that we can have a photo with this in the foreground and us dancing in the background. Maybe for our last dance? Sounds like the perfect photo.

I love the rest of your PJ btw. I'm glad to hear things worked out with your friend. I agree, it's hard to have a small wedding party without offending people. We also have the problem with too many guy friends. I actually had a hard time coming up with enough bridemaids. Ok, maybe not a hard time. But I'm a girl with mostly guy friends. And when it came down to who knew me the best, it was one girl followed by several guys. I'm super excited to have the BMs I have, but even they were surprised when they were asked.

I also like your invites. We thought about doing something like that. So elegant and yet so informative and useful all at the same time.

Keep the updates coming.

1000 days wow you are getting close! that hotel looks so cute!

Thanks for coming over!! YES I am so excited. And yes the hotel is awesome, I showed DF pictures tonight and I think I may have successfully talked him into going!

Wow - if she were counting down from 1000 - she'd have a real long wait ;) It's 100, right??

It is 100, haha I didn't even notice that. funny. I'm glad its not 1000, I don't think I could wait that long!

We're using this as our cake topper. We took it to our cake lady (don't worry, she knows we call her that). She was so worried about the weight of it. She's going to build in extra supports. I agree. I LOVE this figurine. We're actually thinking about getting bride and groom MM ears before the honeymoon just so that we can have a photo with this in the foreground and us dancing in the background. Maybe for our last dance? Sounds like the perfect photo.

I love the rest of your PJ btw. I'm glad to hear things worked out with your friend. I agree, it's hard to have a small wedding party without offending people. We also have the problem with too many guy friends. I actually had a hard time coming up with enough bridemaids. Ok, maybe not a hard time. But I'm a girl with mostly guy friends. And when it came down to who knew me the best, it was one girl followed by several guys. I'm super excited to have the BMs I have, but even they were surprised when they were asked.

I also like your invites. We thought about doing something like that. So elegant and yet so informative and useful all at the same time.

Keep the updates coming.

Aw thanks for the comments!
I love the topper too, it's so perfect, and it lets me get a few Disney touches in w/out it being too cheesy. I can't wait to see pictures of your cake too! And your idea w/the mickey ears is awesome! You should def do that, it would make a great pic!

And I understand w/the girl friends thing...I have mostly guy friends as well, that's why DF is having such a hard time. I had my 2 good girlfriends, even though only one of them am I REALLY close to. Thats why I'm so excited to be adding in my new bridesmaid, just b/c she knows me better than anyone else.

Again, thanks everyone for reading!

I love your BM gifts. I too will be hitting the dollar store in my hometown... The days are counting crazy! I feel weird saying 218 more days till mine. I am so excited for your disneymoon. I think I will by TGM for the crowd level thing. I too will also make ADR's to watch wishes... Will you watch it from Ohana's or somewhere else. You could let me know and know thta during my actual TR you will be announced as the inspiration to our first meal!

I want to see the dresses... being patient is hard... I should probably start looking for patterns again!

Hope all is well! I enjoy your enthusiasm and positive energy! Way to Go Disney bride!

I love your BM gifts. I too will be hitting the dollar store in my hometown... The days are counting crazy! I feel weird saying 218 more days till mine. I am so excited for your disneymoon. I think I will by TGM for the crowd level thing. I too will also make ADR's to watch wishes... Will you watch it from Ohana's or somewhere else. You could let me know and know thta during my actual TR you will be announced as the inspiration to our first meal!

I want to see the dresses... being patient is hard... I should probably start looking for patterns again!

Hope all is well! I enjoy your enthusiasm and positive energy! Way to Go Disney bride!

Thanks!! Dollar store/Target dollar stuff is GREAT!!! I've found so much stuff there and at Walmart! TGM is awesome, I've heard so many good things about him here, saying that if you use his best days you can really avoid the crowds. I guess I will find out when we go,hopefully it willwork out.

And as far as ADR's, I'm looking at Ohana's, or Narcoosee's,if not both. We're not planning on making ADR's every night, but a few. The restaurants I really want to try are those 2, the one in Mexico, I'm blanking out on the name, and possibly Coral Reef. And maybe Sci-Fi Drive In at MGM for lunch or something, just bc I know DF would love it. I'm still trying to work all these details out!

morning Hillary,

just popping in to say hi! congrats on 100 ( less now!)....we just hit 60 or is it 59???!! :rotfl: we mailed our invites yesterday and now all I have to do is sit back and let the stress begin! we'll be there at the same time and I know we will be dining at Narcoossee's and Citricos...they both look great! good luck with your ADR's - I'm hoping to run into you during our disneymoon!

Michelle :cloud9:

morning Hillary,

just popping in to say hi! congrats on 100 ( less now!)....we just hit 60 or is it 59???!! :rotfl: we mailed our invites yesterday and now all I have to do is sit back and let the stress begin! we'll be there at the same time and I know we will be dining at Narcoossee's and Citricos...they both look great! good luck with your ADR's - I'm hoping to run into you during our disneymoon!

Michelle :cloud9:

Hey Michelle!! Haven't seen you too much around HERE lately?!
anyway, WOW, 59 days!!! SO CLOSE! I can imagine how EXCITED you are! I love seeing all the Halloween stuff coming out now, I bet you're really loving it, hopefully you've found some cool stuff for the wedding!
When are you going to Narcoosee's?? I'm thinking about Thursday, the 13th I believe. We're planning one off/no park day during the trip, which I'm planning on Thursday, so I was thinking about making an ADR there (if we can that is), and then watching Wishes from either there or the Poly beach. We'll see. That would be cool if we ran into each other! I know there is a group of us going to be there around the same time, how cool if we met up!

So, I've been trying to finish up my itinerary for the week using TGM, and I THINK I'm done. As it is we only have one trip to AK, which kinda sucks. I would rather have more time at MK, Epcot, then MGM, so that worked out. Here is how it looks so far....

Monday Dec. 10th
Arrival Day
Leave home 6-8 am
12-3 pm Arrive/check in
Downtown Disney afternoon, Earl of Sandwich?? Planet Hollywood?
Watch Electrical Water Parade from WL beach w/drinks Dinner at Artist Point?

Tuesday Dec. 11th
Magic Kingdom morning
MGM night, Fantasmic at 7

Wednesday Dec.12th
Epcot morning
MK evening for Spectro/Wishes
ADR for lunch in Mexico???

Thursday Dec. 13th
FREE DAY???
Possible AK morning
Watch Holiday Wishes from Poly beach????
*Dinner at Ohana/Kona/or Narcoosee’s

Friday Dec. 14th
Animal Kingdom morning
MGM evening for Fantasmic!

Saturday Dec. 15th
Epcot morning (lunch at Beaches and Cream?)
Epcot or AK evening
PI evening? Or back to WL for dinner @Artist Point

Sunday Dec. 16th
MK morning! Possibly for park opening?
Epcot evening
Illuminations@9:30 after MK closing for Cmas party

Monday Dec. 17th
Departure Day :guilty:
Breakfast at Whispering Canyon or Trail’s End Buffet (Ft. Wilderness)

So, that's what I got so far. It could change, but I wanted to get it done so I can make a few ADRs, if it's even possibly at this point, it's well past the 180day mark obviously.

Anyway, I'm going to meet my new bridesmaid to get her dress ordered and then DF and I are headed up to the lake for the rest of the long weekend! Thanks everyone for reading and have a great weekend!!:banana:

We're at Epcot that day too......for Candlelight. Are you planning to do it too? I'd love to try to "run into" you that day........LMK :woohoo:

Hi! We hadn't really planning on doing it, but not totally decided yet. I've done it before, years ago and really enjoyed it. Don't know how much Andy will enjoy it though. And we're not crazy about the guest readers that week either. So, it's a possibility but we aren't planning on it at the moment. But that would be cool if we saw each other! We'll be the ones running around like kids being goofy b/c we're at DISNEY!! :banana:

Hey Hillary! I'm just subscribing to your report. I've been so busy with school that I haven't had much time to spend on the Dis, aside from writing my report. I can't wait to read yours, though! I'm one of those annoying girls whose had my wedding planned for years, and I don't even have a boyfriend at the moment :rotfl2: I just think planning a wedding is so much fun, and what could be better than planning a wedding and a Disney honeymoon?! I can't wait to get started on your report, which will happen first thing tomorrow morning! I can't wait! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter