Historical AP rate discounts

lucky1

Face Character
Does anyone know historically when Hotel discount rates for AP holders come out for Jan and Feb and approximately how much they have been?

lucky1 said:
Does anyone know historically when Hotel discount rates for AP holders come out for Jan and Feb and approximately how much they have been?

they always vary... you should call the hotel reservation line.

Last January they had some good rates for the DL Hotel. It was like $99-139 depending on what night. The good rates only came out a few weeks ahead. I tried to get good rates in Aug, Sept, and Dec, and they never had anything but the 10% off or the rates were for premium views and were still more expensive than rack rate for standard view.

we paid $89 per night durning the week last Jan. I am also looking for the Jan AP rate.

question: I booked 3 nights at Paradise Pier for early Feb. If AP discounts come out, can I call and get an adjustment ?

I think that you can call and change it. The rates don't usually come out from our experience until the beginning of the month or sometimes righ before. Last year they seemed very limited because of the 50th and knew that they were still going to be able to have full capacity. It stinks when you go from paying 100 to close to 300 sometimes.

Ok, good, I'm waiting too. Shall we make a deal to post as soon as we hear they are out?? :thumbsup2

shellyof4 said:
Ok, good, I'm waiting too. Shall we make a deal to post as soon as we hear they are out?? :thumbsup2

I am looking for 3 Jan 07, but if I see anything for late Jan or Feb I will post ASAP. The wait is driving me nuts!

We're going close to President's Day Weekend and I didn't want to take the chance on all rooms on-property being sold out. Somebody please post as soon as you here anything that would help bring our cost down to "almost reasonable". Thanks!

I can tell you that on Nov. 5, 2005, I made reservations for Jan. 1-7, 2006 at an AP rate of $89 weekdays and $109 weekend. So, going by that, they would have already released AP rates for early Januray 2007. It ended up being extremely crowded that week and I was really surprised to see the super low AP rates... It's possible that Disney realized it's still a popular time to visit and is not offering the discounts this year.

I will say that I personally would not pay more for Disneyland Hotel than I paid last year. I just spent a week at the Howard Johnson for $69/night and had a great view of the nightly fireworks from my balcony. The walk is almost the same from the Disneyland Hotel as from HoJo. But then, I don't stay on property at WDW either, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. :)

I got $89 a night in late November (the week after Thanks) and the first week of January (3rd to the 5th). Also, I got those rates about 6-8 weeks BEFORE the trips....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter