Holding two reservations for the same time with the same name?

So, based on most of the replies, having two reservations at different resorts with same name on the same dates doesn’t seem to be an issue except when waitlisting.
I booked RIV and then my PVB resale points were loaded. I don’t want to cancel RIV yet because we may end up doing a split stay and we won’t make a final decision until 7mo window.
Should I rebook RIV with my husband as primary to avoid potential cancellation?

That is up to you but I have never had it canceled even with a waitlist.The other option is to just add different names to you has lead guest.

I have done that as well.

I sometimes carry an extra night on a split stay so we don't have to be homeless from 11 am until 4 pm too.
This is something we've talked about doing. When you do this, do you have both reservations under your name, or do you use different MDEs for this?

This is something we've talked about doing. When you do this, do you have both reservations under your name, or do you use different MDEs for this?

Same name. Never been an issue so far! I will say that you will not get a room ready text for resort 2 until you actually go there and tell them to check you out of resort 1 and into resort 2. But, its been so nice on those days when we just didn't want to have to go without the room, especially for the Food and Wine trips!!! LOL

So, based on most of the replies, having two reservations at different resorts with same name on the same dates doesn’t seem to be an issue except when waitlisting.
I booked RIV and then my PVB resale points were loaded. I don’t want to cancel RIV yet because we may end up doing a split stay and we won’t make a final decision until 7mo window.
Should I rebook RIV with my husband as primary to avoid potential cancellation?
I think I just had an aggressive cast member make a decision for me as they saw my account when awarding me the waitlist... If you aren't dealing with a human and waitlists, I would bet your fine. I have had two, even three for the same nights when I try to piece something together, this was a first for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter