Holiday Shopping ..

Great thread, I love buying stuff for holidays :cool1:

lovely stuff everyone :goodvibes

I love the tops especially the one from new look :)
Not been shopping yet!! :(

Figleaves does a great selection of bigger cup bikinis and bras - I got a few really nice sets from there.

I'm looking, but haven't a clue what to get! I am 20, in this odd stage between 'teenage' like clothes and adult.

I am not a clothes horse, but i like to look nice for my Disney photos. I have a big problem though, I have rather large legs, which are not flattering in shorts!

Anyone got any idea where i can get some decent shorts from? I have 2 pairs of long denim ones, but i am worried they are gonna be too hot in summer! Are hiking shorts any good? What about hiking sandles?

What do you guys think or wearing skirts around the parks?? I've never worn skirts except for meals out, the idea of doing R'n'RC or TOT in a skirt makes me worry! :laughing:

Help!!!

I'm looking, but haven't a clue what to get! I am 20, in this odd stage between 'teenage' like clothes and adult.

I am not a clothes horse, but i like to look nice for my Disney photos. I have a big problem though, I have rather large legs, which are not flattering in shorts!

Anyone got any idea where i can get some decent shorts from? I have 2 pairs of long denim ones, but i am worried they are gonna be too hot in summer! Are hiking shorts any good? What about hiking sandles?

What do you guys think or wearing skirts around the parks?? I've never worn skirts except for meals out, the idea of doing R'n'RC or TOT in a skirt makes me worry! :laughing:

Help!!!

i have always worn shorts for my hols, but last yr in Florida i mangaed to pick up at least 3 skirts that had shorts built in-the skirts sit above my knee and just look like skirts and not skorts!theyre brilliant!

I havent bought anything for my holidays because I havent got one!!:sad1:

I have a similar problem in the fact that I'm 42 next, I don't want to dress like my 17 year old daughter nor do I want to dress like my Mother :rotfl:
I'm also confused as to what to buy :confused3

Help!!!

I have a similar problem in the fact that I'm 42 next, I don't want to dress like my 17 year old daughter nor do I want to dress like my Mother :rotfl:
I'm also confused as to what to buy :confused3

I don't do shorts in any form.
When I visit WDW (or any sunny holiday for that matter) I wear a skirt every day. They tend to be of the a-line variety, on or slightly below the knee (not above), either in a light denim, or various plain or patterned cotton or linen. I wear simple vest or v-neck short sleeved cotton tops with them. I prefer to look slightly smarter as I think too casual a look doesn't suit my body shape, think smart casual GAP. When I go to the parks and want to go on rides I wear a pair of close fitting bikers shorts under the skirt for no embarassing flashes:lmao:

I...Anyone got any idea where i can get some decent shorts from? I have 2 pairs of long denim ones, but i am worried they are gonna be too hot in summer!

I saw some really funky lightweight combat-style longer shorts in New Look today - they looked nice and cool too...

I don't do shorts either - sadly, I couldn't display that much skin without some horrified stares. :( So I find lightweight cropped trousers fit the bill for me - I bought 3 pairs from The Gap last summer and they're sooo comfy I'll probably wear them again this year. I tend to wear with vests and cotton cardigans (again, have to cover the skin on my arms...) I'm thinking that this year, for a change, I might get a couple of cotton dresses to wear with leggings...

I did actually buy an outfit today for travelling in - Wallis were having a 20% off day so I put together the following 3 pieces... Looks quite nice too! :goodvibes

252604019_thumb.jpg

098734005_thumb.jpg

097544028_thumb.jpg

Meant to say, I usually wear Birkies on my feet but this year have bought a pair of toe post flipflips from Clarks. Like these but silver...

133382_bg.jpg

ive bought Isabelle a few bits, and am having some custom outfits made for her for our disney trip.
will post picccys when they arrive x

That's a lovely outfit Karen :thumbsup2

Thank you, Mandy. I tried everything on (I NEVER try on instore!!! :rotfl2: ) and it all fitted so well, I went onto the website and bought another few things with the 20% off - plus 8% cashback thro Quidco... ;)

I loved this top earlier but they didn't have my size...
209864001_thumb.jpg

Bit of a gamble for me - being such a titch I don't normally go for floaty dresses but this is from their Petite range so we'll see... Plus I thought it would be suitable for V&A...
095494022_thumb.jpg

And I just loved this...
095564001_thumb.jpg

Can't wait for them to arrive now... :yay: :yay: :yay:

Love that maxi dress, Karen:thumbsup2 Very pretty blue.

If it's in the petite range then it must be in proportion, I'd be worried about a maxi on me too - hope you like it.

Karen those outfits are lovely. I've had a pair of shoes similar to that from clarks they were so comfy.
I think a shopping trip for me is looming.
Oh I forgot to mention my MIL bought me a Trinny & Susannah book for Christmas do you think she's trying to tell me something :rotfl2:

That blue dress is lovely Karen :thumbsup2

It is pretty isn't it, Mandy! It's silk so should feel good too... It's not my usual sorta thing at all but they make it so easy to return if I need to (just take to a local store) I thought "oh for goodness sake, go for it, woman!!!" :rotfl: :thumbsup2

It is pretty isn't it, Mandy! It's silk so should feel good too... It's not my usual sorta thing at all but they make it so easy to return if I need to (just take to a local store) I thought "oh for goodness sake, go for it, woman!!!" :rotfl: :thumbsup2

It would be perfect for Palo too ::yes::

When I visit WDW (or any sunny holiday for that matter) I wear a skirt every day. They tend to be of the a-line variety, on or slightly below the knee (not above), either in a light denim, or various plain or patterned cotton or linen. I wear simple vest or v-neck short sleeved cotton tops with them. I prefer to look slightly smarter as I think too casual a look doesn't suit my body shape, think smart casual GAP. :

Snap - I love a line skirts but can never find enough . Boden do some lovely ones but are a bit on the expensive side ;)

When I visit WDW (or any sunny holiday for that matter) I wear a skirt every day. They tend to be of the a-line variety, on or slightly below the knee (not above), either in a light denim, or various plain or patterned cotton or linen. I wear simple vest or v-neck short sleeved cotton tops with them. I prefer to look slightly smarter as I think too casual a look doesn't suit my body shape, think smart casual GAP. When I go to the parks and want to go on rides I wear a pair of close fitting bikers shorts under the skirt for no embarassing flashes:lmao:

Me too - I'm taking a pair of cropped pants this hol, but never do shorts.

Good news - the denim skirt I was wanting from Debenhams was £24 instead of £30 in the sale, so I got it :cool1:

I also bought a few other bits in the sale:

20080212_017010631050

20090305_057010880387

20081128_102010806163

20090108_064011861594

So i'm wearing a pair of those little shorts (like the ones you see on 14 year old girls who bare WAY too much skin) under some skirts, cause I really don't do shorts, but I don't want to do ToT without anything else on. Will this be too hot for September?

My housemates laugh at me, cause I wear knee length shorts in the summer (only shorter skirts with tights on!), they call them my 'longs'. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter