Holidays on a Shoestring - Orlando

NIGEL1

Earning My Ears
Just seen that next week's programme features Orlando.

Next Monday, BBC1, 7.30 PM.

Nigel.

i wonder if they can teach us any more than what we get on these boards?

Heheheheheehe..........that must mean flying with Monarch Airlines, staying at the Days Inn, eating once a day at Ponderosa and tagging onto a school group to get into the parks!!!

By the way, has anyone ever noticed that WHATEVER holiday program does a report from Florida (be it budget or not) they ALWAYS have a convertible car???????? Doesnt BUDGET mean that red Chrysler Neon that is always left in the Dollar car park?

When I told bf I was going to watch the start of this weeks' Holiday on a Shoestring to see if they were going anywhere interesting, he jokingly said it would probably be Orlando, as we have just come back! I told him not to be so silly, as it wasn't possible to do it on a shoestring - we shall obviously see next week if it is!

I think their budget is £500 per person, so if they have a family of 4, then they have £2000 to play with - I think you can probably get a family of 4 to Orlando for that - not sure if you can get them into the theme parks as well!

We are flying into Miami cause it's cheap and it's only cost us £175 each for our plane tickets - add on a villa at £400 per week, car hire is around £300 for a fortnight and it can be done - especially since they'll probably only go for a week to make it cheaper.

Bev

NOOOOOOOOOO..... please tell me Jeremy Spake won't be doing the slot on Orlando . . . I'll never be able to look at my beloved Orlando in the same light again;)

Forgot about this until it was halfway through and by the time I had wrestled remote control from daughter the Florida segment was over.

Was it any good? Was it a joke??

Saw the bit about holiday insurance - just upset my mother in law to be by telling her I could have saved her fifty squid on hers.

Karyn

There I was, waiting for 7.30 before I went in and switched on the TV.

But big mistake. Apparently it started at 7pm and I've missed it!!

And I could have watched it if I'd known.

Was it good?

Carol

I caught most of it,

It was £399 for 14 days, in September, booked with Travel City.

He stayed at a Comfort Inn (don't know which), had car hire and he allegedly visited Disney-MGM Studios, Universal's IoA and Universal Studios.

All for £500!!!! Well I suppose you might manage if you didn't eat for a fortnight:D :D :D :D

Once again no mention of over inflated car hire insurance rates of £20+ per day on top of the £399 package including car.
I often wonder if the BBC just don't fully research these packages or are in on some sort of deal with the tour operators to not mention it.

Wasn't the £399 just for the accommodation (for 4 adults). Didn't mention car insurance or theme park tickets which are obviously extras.

Worth watching though for Boggy Creek Airboats - must do that next time we go.

It is repeated later in the week at about 1.00 am in the morning if anyone wants to tape it.

Don't like Jeremy Spake but it did make me want to go back, NOW !!!!!!

Quote Allie5

By the way, has anyone ever noticed that WHATEVER holiday program does a report from Florida (be it budget or not) they ALWAYS have a convertible car???????? Doesnt BUDGET mean that red Chrysler Neon that is always left in the Dollar car park?

I watched this programe last night and if I am not mistaken jeremy was driving that very same red Chrysler Neon

They did mention the ticket prices for both Universal (2 day) and WDW (5 day hoppers), but not the car insurance.

V tells me this is repeated on BBC1 at 1am this morning for anyone wantin to catch it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter