Home for the Holidays-Wizards-Grinches and Sparkles. 14 nights @Royal Pacific Resort, Nov/Dec 2021

My kids will definitely want to order the crepes so thanks for the warning, yours is the second bad review of them I've read on these boars. My kids are quite spoiled as I learned how to make crepes over the pandemic and I've been perfecting my technique, but of course it's always lovely to let someone else handle the prep and cleanup. But it sounds like these will be soundly rejected, so better to save the money for more Butterbeer ice cream!

Another great TR as usual!! Thanks for sharing!! The end of a trip is always sad...but you guys usually have another one planned to look forward to before too long!! Looking forward to reading the next TR too lol!!

Thanks Kathy

I`m so glad you enjoyed it and always enjoyed seeing your comments along the way too.

We have 3 trips booked this year, May, September for our 30th wedding anniversary .......looking forward to that, and especially looking forward to November/December for a family trip where Kyle is planning to come with us.

Thank you once again for being a part of it....... :wave2:

Last edited:
My kids will definitely want to order the crepes so thanks for the warning, yours is the second bad review of them I've read on these boars. My kids are quite spoiled as I learned how to make crepes over the pandemic and I've been perfecting my technique, but of course it's always lovely to let someone else handle the prep and cleanup. But it sounds like these will be soundly rejected, so better to save the money for more Butterbeer ice cream!

Oh really, we thought we were the only ones who hated them......lol.......yes, many seem to love them. I`m not the biggest fan of crepes and only make them for 1970`s dishes like cherry flambe and such which is only occasionally, so they`re not a favourite thing anyway, but these were not good.

Butterbeer ice cream is SOOOOO much nicer for a treat.

Hope you enjoyed reading along and appreciate your comments too....... :wave2:

Thank you for your trip reports! I don't post often, but ALWAYS read them! So fun and full of details! Your pictures always make me smile. Especially the food and drinks! I'm so happy you've been able to return from across the pond...more trip reports to read! Looking forward to your May trip.

It sounds like they were quite stingy with the beef brisket filling, which is exactly the opposite of what we experienced. We had the exact crepes you tried (lemon blueberry and beef brisket) when we were there in mid-December and they were DIVINE!
That is so strange...how different the quality control is - in the same timeframe. One person gets an abundance of meat...another guest gets a sliver.

Most places have very regimented recipes and pre-portioned size specifications they note in writing for staffs, to ensure consistent quality control - especially on the pricier items like meat and seafood proteins. 1/4 lb per meat in every sandwich...X ounces of tuna in a sushi roll...whatever.

Given all the supply chain issues every food service place is now facing, I suspect the day Carole visited, they may have been running low on ingredients/inventory. I have a feeling the manager told the staff to put less in every serving to stretch it out.

Just finished catching up on your last couple of days. (I would have been frantic with all the testing and travel paperwork.)

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences and photos!!

We had a Universal trip canceled by the pandemic as well (in March 2020, just as everything hit) and it's been nice to read along and start dreaming of going back.

Thank you for your trip reports! I don't post often, but ALWAYS read them! So fun and full of details! Your pictures always make me smile. Especially the food and drinks! I'm so happy you've been able to return from across the pond...more trip reports to read! Looking forward to your May trip.

Well, I`m glad to know you`re reading and enjoying it, but so glad you posted!!

Thank you so much, I do appreciate it so much.....I love pictures in a TR and yes, food pictures too...... ::yes::

And please stop by and post on the May when, would love to see you there....we can`t wait to get back and we have 23 nights so it might be a long one......lol.....:wave2:

That is so strange...how different the quality control is - in the same timeframe. One person gets an abundance of meat...another guest gets a sliver.

Most places have very regimented recipes and pre-portioned size specifications they note in writing for staffs, to ensure consistent quality control - especially on the pricier items like meat and seafood proteins. 1/4 lb per meat in every sandwich...X ounces of tuna in a sushi roll...whatever.

Given all the supply chain issues every food service place is now facing, I suspect the day Carole visited, they may have been running low on ingredients/inventory. I have a feeling the manager told the staff to put less in every serving to stretch it out.

That certainly could have been the case with the lack of filling, but the thing that was really bad, was the actual chewy, spongy crepe itself.......I swear shh I felt I was eating a bath sponge!

Won`t be trying them again that`s for sure.....my mister won`t even consider them again to be honest.....

Just finished catching up on your last couple of days. (I would have been frantic with all the testing and travel paperwork.)

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences and photos!!

We had a Universal trip canceled by the pandemic as well (in March 2020, just as everything hit) and it's been nice to read along and start dreaming of going back.

Oh no, thank you for your lovely comments along the way, it is so nice to have such lovely folks to chat to while it`s running. Yes, frantic was one word to describe me as I was almost having a panic attack at one moment! Hopefully the worst is over now and any testing stays the same or even better is removed, and no new rules brought in suddenly again.

Oh that`s not fun you having cancelled too! Oh goodness it was a nightmare, and to have to cancel last minute must have been truly awful!! Yes, hopefully you`ll get back soon......thank you again...... :wave2:

We have 3 trips booked this year, May, September for our 30th wedding anniversary .......looking forward to that, and especially looking forward to November/December for a family trip where Kyle is planning to come with us. He has so many plans for other trips throughout the year so we were glad he can take 3 weeks vacation to join us for the Holiday trip this year. It fitted in with his and GF plans for this year so we are honoured he fitted us in.....lol......think this might be the last time for a Christmas trip though, which is ok, so we`ll make the most of him being with us for that one.

3 trips this year, and long too!! That's so exciting!! Also, thrilled for you that Kyle and his GF are going with you!! My son is planning on bringing his GF to South Florida with us this year in March, it will be the first time he's bringing a girlfriend on a family trip...ought to be fun...and interesting lol. It's nice that Kyle is more of an adult now but still enjoys trips with you guys. I hope my son will do that too...probably only as long as I'm paying lol.

Sounds a lovely trip to South Florida you have coming up.....and very soon!!! Hope you have a blast down there...... :wave2:

Last edited:
Such a great trip report!!!!

I can understand your annoyance and frustration over the quick change of requirements to get home. For us Canadians, we have been needing to do this for months (and our federal government has announced they have zero interest in dropping it even though our chief medical officer has stated that it not needed)and we will be doing it for the foreseeable future for now :confused: :furious: Now add to that stress no tests available for many travelers. I have found a test ( I paid for it vs the free ones hard to find ones in Florida) where we have the kit already for us to use and we have a telehealth appointment to supervise the test and get the required documentation required to travel home with a negative result. It was soooo worth the money to now not have to worry about securing an appointment or drive around to find a testing site. I do have backup appointments in case these are inconclusive.

Right now, we have to lay low so that we don't test positive before we leave :crazy2: We still have a higher number of active cases than I am comfortable with. For some reason, it hasn't dropped down yet in our region :rolleyes2 Oh well, we will lay low for the next 15 days before we have to test.

I had to keep telling myself only 16 more days when I stepped outside this morning and my lungs were burning from the cold air. I am beyond excited to be in the final countdown now. Since we had been planning a quick last minute tropical getaway when the world shut down - it has been a very long 2 yrs.

I am like you, we are foodies at heart. We love great food and good service. I am sure we will be taking food pictures and sharing with family along the way.

It is wonderful that you have 3 trips for 2022! That is awesome...and that one of those is with Kyle! I know all three kids have asked to come along in the suitcases with us lol. Not this time, but I have a feeling once Dh experiences some of Orlando and the parks, we will be planning a family trip for everyone :rolleyes1 I would love one family trip where we can experience the parks with grown kids (and Gd in tow).

I can't wait for a new trip report to start. How many more days until you leave?

I am so delighted that Schumi shares her trips with us regularly!
This year we get a bonus as she has more trips to the states and that means, more trip reports!

I am so anxious for the month of May as her next now RP trip is only going on 3 months away….

i am on the seat of my pants just waiting until May when the next trip begins to the edge of my seat for May to come quickly

Such a great trip report!!!!

I can understand your annoyance and frustration over the quick change of requirements to get home. For us Canadians, we have been needing to do this for months (and our federal government has announced they have zero interest in dropping it even though our chief medical officer has stated that it not needed)and we will be doing it for the foreseeable future for now :confused: :furious: Now add to that stress no tests available for many travelers. I have found a test ( I paid for it vs the free ones hard to find ones in Florida) where we have the kit already for us to use and we have a telehealth appointment to supervise the test and get the required documentation required to travel home with a negative result. It was soooo worth the money to now not have to worry about securing an appointment or drive around to find a testing site. I do have backup appointments in case these are inconclusive.

Right now, we have to lay low so that we don't test positive before we leave :crazy2: We still have a higher number of active cases than I am comfortable with. For some reason, it hasn't dropped down yet in our region :rolleyes2 Oh well, we will lay low for the next 15 days before we have to test.

I had to keep telling myself only 16 more days when I stepped outside this morning and my lungs were burning from the cold air. I am beyond excited to be in the final countdown now. Since we had been planning a quick last minute tropical getaway when the world shut down - it has been a very long 2 yrs.

I am like you, we are foodies at heart. We love great food and good service. I am sure we will be taking food pictures and sharing with family along the way.

It is wonderful that you have 3 trips for 2022! That is awesome...and that one of those is with Kyle! I know all three kids have asked to come along in the suitcases with us lol. Not this time, but I have a feeling once Dh experiences some of Orlando and the parks, we will be planning a family trip for everyone :rolleyes1 I would love one family trip where we can experience the parks with grown kids (and Gd in tow).

I can't wait for a new trip report to start. How many more days until you leave?

Thank you pumpkin.....I`m glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, it was a long 2 years for sure! I have to admit I can`t complain about the avaability of appointments for any testing we needed doing, just such a faff making sure we had all the right ones. But, fingers crossed everything runs smoothly for you and yes, law low........hide if necessary!!

One of my friends is beside herself with excitement, her son who is 31 is going with them to Orlando in April, she found out yesterday the other son who is 33 is going to go with them too......circumstances worked in his favour, so yes, family trips with grown up kids and yes, when grandkids come along that`ll be special too.

We are at 89 days as of today.........not that I`m counting.

Glad to see your comments along the way...... :wave2:

Thanks mac....you know how much I love writing them!!

Yes, we are excited for the trips this year, May is just around the corner now and I am SO especially excited for HHN this year :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

And yes, looking forward to Kyle joining us again........

Always glad to read you`ve enjoyed them too :wave2:

Big time lurker here but I have to write a schumigirl/Carole tribute! After 2 nights at Royal Pacific, I checked in to Sapphire Falls for one night to save a couple bucks. I just left Strong Water after going in on your recommendation. Loved it! Awesome, complex drinks and great food. Maggie and the rest of the staff send their love. Of course they knew who you and Tom are! 😉 I also have to thank you for sharing your Velocicoaster experience. After getting knocked around on RRR in November I skipped VC thinking I’m just too old for coasters. This week I put my big girl pants on after reading your TR and loved it! So smooth! Rode it twice! So a great big thank you for your TRs!!!!

Big time lurker here but I have to write a schumigirl/Carole tribute! After 2 nights at Royal Pacific, I checked in to Sapphire Falls for one night to save a couple bucks. I just left Strong Water after going in on your recommendation. Loved it! Awesome, complex drinks and great food. Maggie and the rest of the staff send their love. Of course they knew who you and Tom are! 😉 I also have to thank you for sharing your Velocicoaster experience. After getting knocked around on RRR in November I skipped VC thinking I’m just too old for coasters. This week I put my big girl pants on after reading your TR and loved it! So smooth! Rode it twice! So a great big thank you for your TRs!!!!

Well, dol I am so glad you came out of lurkdom!!

What a lovely post!!!

I am so happy you enjoy the TR`s and thrilled to hear you enjoyed the Velocicoaster too, and to ride it twice is wonderful. Yes, completely opposite experience from RRR which my bones don`t thank me for anymore.....not my head.....lol.......but yes, VC is so smooth you do feel like you are gliding, at speed but still so smooth.

And also thrilled you enjoyed Strong Water.......Maggie is a real gem in there and such a lovely, lovely person, I`m glad you got to meet her, well they all are just the most wonderful of folks. And thank you for passing on such good wishes from them, we absolutely adore them in there and yes food and drinks are second to none.

I never lie when I say it`s the best bar for service, food and drinks in the whole of UOR.

Thank you so much for posting, I really appreciate that. I had the biggest smile on my face reading your post.......so please, don`t be a stranger in the next one too......would be lovely to see you :wave2:

Reactions: dol
Carole, I am behind (catching up today), but I was reading this morning and arrived at your crepe reviews. I scrolled and saw the photos first and my initial thought was, "EW, that looks DISGUSTING." I'm so sorry that they were, in fact, disgusting!

I am also writing to share some exciting news! I may have said we are taking our daughter, son-in-law and grandson (who will have just turned 2!) to Disney for four nights in November. We've rented DVC points for a two-bedroom at Bay Lake Tower. My husband and I are planning to stay in Orlando for several days after they leave. We've been debating where to stay when, lo and behold, yesterday I received an email from an unnamed travel agent about an unbelievably good deal at Royal Pacific -- $246 per night, including taxes, fees and free parking. We stayed at RPR in... 2006, maybe?... and really loved the hotel. So we're tacking on four nights at RPR in November. I mean, we had to with that rate! I will be again poring over your trip reports for suggestions!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter