Home for the Holidays-Wizards-Grinches and Sparkles. 14 nights @Royal Pacific Resort, Nov/Dec 2021

Thank you pumpkin.....I`m glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, it was a long 2 years for sure! I have to admit I can`t complain about the avaability of appointments for any testing we needed doing, just such a faff making sure we had all the right ones. But, fingers crossed everything runs smoothly for you and yes, law low........hide if necessary!!

One of my friends is beside herself with excitement, her son who is 31 is going with them to Orlando in April, she found out yesterday the other son who is 33 is going to go with them too......circumstances worked in his favour, so yes, family trips with grown up kids and yes, when grandkids come along that`ll be special too.

We are at 89 days as of today.........not that I`m counting.

Glad to see your comments along the way...... :wave2:
Well this post made me create my own countdown bc I knew our trips overlapped lol. I thought oh it can't be that soon already. We are at 106 days. Time is really flying by this winter. I feel like the last couple of years I've really begun to understand the saying "The years are short, but the days are long". When your kids are little and you are in the middle of toddler tantrums and snotty noses and sleepless nights it seems like time just draaaaags on. But now they are 7 (almost 8 how is that possible) and 10 and 1/2 (that half is very important lol) and I wonder how we got here so fast. We were at a wrestling tournament the other day and watching the little kids, like 5&6 and I just don't remember my kids being that little wrestling, even tho I know they were. Then I think it won't be any time at all and we'll be in your situation. Able to travel when we want, and having adult kids who only sometimes get to tag along, and that doesn't seem right either. Parenting is weird lol

Back again -- still not at the end, but I have to say **I** was stressed reading about your experience with testing and safe and travels and all. What a nightmare!!! I am so sorry your last day was like that.

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. I’ve loved reading along. My goodness I was anxious for you reading about all the testing and travelling home issues but I’m so glad you ended on a high note with a wonderful last night!
I can imagine how exhausted you both were when you finally made it home. We used to have to fly through London and the wait between arriving in London and getting to N.Ireland was always when I felt at my absolute worst! It was also when I discovered brandy and ginger went a long way towards easing the sick/yucky feeling 🤣
Hope you’re enjoying counting down until your May trip. I look forward to following along 😊

Carole, I am behind (catching up today), but I was reading this morning and arrived at your crepe reviews. I scrolled and saw the photos first and my initial thought was, "EW, that looks DISGUSTING." I'm so sorry that they were, in fact, disgusting!

I am also writing to share some exciting news! I may have said we are taking our daughter, son-in-law and grandson (who will have just turned 2!) to Disney for four nights in November. We've rented DVC points for a two-bedroom at Bay Lake Tower. My husband and I are planning to stay in Orlando for several days after they leave. We've been debating where to stay when, lo and behold, yesterday I received an email from an unnamed travel agent about an unbelievably good deal at Royal Pacific -- $246 per night, including taxes, fees and free parking. We stayed at RPR in... 2006, maybe?... and really loved the hotel. So we're tacking on four nights at RPR in November. I mean, we had to with that rate! I will be again poring over your trip reports for suggestions!!

Cara, that is fabulous news!!

It`s been that long since you stayed at RP! Oh wow, you`re in for a treat.......anything you want to know, ask away.

And spening such a lovely time with the family will be so lovely.......and at 2 he`ll love everything. Bay Lake Towers look gorgeous too. Oh that is exciting news.

Yes, lol.....the crepes were not nice!!

Well this post made me create my own countdown bc I knew our trips overlapped lol. I thought oh it can't be that soon already. We are at 106 days. Time is really flying by this winter. I feel like the last couple of years I've really begun to understand the saying "The years are short, but the days are long". When your kids are little and you are in the middle of toddler tantrums and snotty noses and sleepless nights it seems like time just draaaaags on. But now they are 7 (almost 8 how is that possible) and 10 and 1/2 (that half is very important lol) and I wonder how we got here so fast. We were at a wrestling tournament the other day and watching the little kids, like 5&6 and I just don't remember my kids being that little wrestling, even tho I know they were. Then I think it won't be any time at all and we'll be in your situation. Able to travel when we want, and having adult kids who only sometimes get to tag along, and that doesn't seem right either. Parenting is weird lol

You won`t think it`s not right when your kids are adults though. Some of my friends say best trips to Orlando have been with their adult kids. It`s a true pleasure they still want to come.

Being able to travel when we like has been the best part of Tom`s early retirement.......I don`t think we`ll beat 2018 when we visited Orlando 5 times that year, but there are other places we might start thinking about soon.

106 days will pass in no time at all.

Back again -- still not at the end, but I have to say **I** was stressed reading about your experience with testing and safe and travels and all. What a nightmare!!! I am so sorry your last day was like that.

lol......I was stressed reliving it to be honest.......I felt my palms get sweaty as I typed!

It was a very unusual last full day to say the least, hopefully it won`t be like that again....surely not possible......famous last words lol......

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. I’ve loved reading along. My goodness I was anxious for you reading about all the testing and travelling home issues but I’m so glad you ended on a high note with a wonderful last night!
I can imagine how exhausted you both were when you finally made it home. We used to have to fly through London and the wait between arriving in London and getting to N.Ireland was always when I felt at my absolute worst! It was also when I discovered brandy and ginger went a long way towards easing the sick/yucky feeling 🤣
Hope you’re enjoying counting down until your May trip. I look forward to following along 😊

Thank you so much, I`m so glad you enjoyed this one too and it was always lovely to read your comments.

Yes, our last night was wonderful, and just what we needed.....those guys in Strong Water are the best tonic! And yes, we were completely exhausted that night. You know when you can`t even think of the words you`re trying to say, it`s time to go to bed.

Oh brandy and ginger......lol, never tried that one!! I can imagine how you felt waiting to get home to NI. I stopped in Heathrow twice taking my mum back to Glasgow after we visited NY together......oh lord, never again!!! And she doesn`t drink so wouldn`t visit the champagne and oyster counter they have there.......lol.....so I had tea......not the same!!

Yes, enjoying the new countdown and look forward to seeing you on the next one too.....it`s just around the corner......... :wave2:

Just him.......so it`ll be nice to be the 3 of us again. Timing all worked out well.

How lovely though your son is travelling with you, yes, I agree I think it`s wonderful adult kids of any age still want to go with us. Florida is an acceptable trip for all my friends adult kids....no one gets teased for going, in fact some ask if they can come too......lol.......

Sounds a lovely trip to South Florida you have coming up.....and very soon!!! Hope you have a blast down there...... :wave2:

For sure Florida is a great trip no matter what age you are...there is certainly something for everyone, theme park lover or not!!

Yes, can't wait to be in the warm sun, it's so miserably cold here right now!! I'm sure you can relate!

Finally caught up (again!) -- ripped or severely strained a ligament in my wrist/hand (playing tennis of course) and have been staying off the computer (and sitting on the couch pouting!). It will eventually heal, so no worries -- just saying why I got behind once again. I love reading your reports (as you know). I have to say -- I have been stressed about what procedures will be to travel when we go on our England trip. Your report did not help (just kidding!). I hate you had to go through all of that. What a pain! BUT, glad you finally got back here!

Hope your May trip is much less stressful on the travel part!

I really feel like I should give Velocicoaster another chance. I just felt so sick after.... kind of scared. But, Davy said he thought it was much better the second time he did it.... maybe next time! Your report is giving me courage to try again... :)

Thanks again for a fun report!!!

For sure Florida is a great trip no matter what age you are...there is certainly something for everyone, theme park lover or not!!

Yes, can't wait to be in the warm sun, it's so miserably cold here right now!! I'm sure you can relate!

Oh absolutely Kathy....we have some friends who go to South Florida and have never set foot in Orlando....I do try to convince them though.

Yep, I don`t think we`re as cold as some places, but it`s not nice here right now either, fingers crossed we all get some nicer weather soon....

Finally caught up (again!) -- ripped or severely strained a ligament in my wrist/hand (playing tennis of course) and have been staying off the computer (and sitting on the couch pouting!). It will eventually heal, so no worries -- just saying why I got behind once again. I love reading your reports (as you know). I have to say -- I have been stressed about what procedures will be to travel when we go on our England trip. Your report did not help (just kidding!). I hate you had to go through all of that. What a pain! BUT, glad you finally got back here!

Hope your May trip is much less stressful on the travel part!

I really feel like I should give Velocicoaster another chance. I just felt so sick after.... kind of scared. But, Davy said he thought it was much better the second time he did it.... maybe next time! Your report is giving me courage to try again... :)

Thanks again for a fun report!!!

Oh no Alice.......I keep telling you sports aren`t good for you.....far too healthy......lol......jk, hope it improves soon though....will you be out for long???

I think by the time you come to England things will be better, well, I would hope so.

You have to try the VC again.....it is amazing!! I guarantee you`ll love it.....Honest, it`s a promise 😉

But, thank you....I`m so glad you enjoyed it........:wave2:

Oh no Alice.......I keep telling you sports aren`t good for you.....far too healthy......lol......jk, hope it improves soon though....will you be out for long???

I think by the time you come to England things will be better, well, I would hope so.

You have to try the VC again.....it is amazing!! I guarantee you`ll love it.....Honest, it`s a promise 😉

But, thank you....I`m so glad you enjoyed it........:wave2:

LOL -- my mom and Jason keep asking, "should you keep playing tennis?" I say, "if you want me sane... yes!" Anyway, I got hurt in late January. I will likely be out until March. :( Been a little down about it all. But, today I decided to buck-up, do other training so I will be fit when I do play tennis again (as opposed to what I have been doing - sitting on the couch eating everything I can find). I am also going to go watch one of my teams today. I think that will cheer me up (even if I can't be down there playing today).

For you, I shall try VC again! I am not sure when we will go back, but Davy wants to do at least one more trip before he's off to college (which is only a couple of years away now!!!!). I may go on an adult trip one of these days as well.

I'll be looking forward to reading about your May trip!!!! <3

LOL -- my mom and Jason keep asking, "should you keep playing tennis?" I say, "if you want me sane... yes!" Anyway, I got hurt in late January. I will likely be out until March. :( Been a little down about it all. But, today I decided to buck-up, do other training so I will be fit when I do play tennis again (as opposed to what I have been doing - sitting on the couch eating everything I can find). I am also going to go watch one of my teams today. I think that will cheer me up (even if I can't be down there playing today).

For you, I shall try VC again! I am not sure when we will go back, but Davy wants to do at least one more trip before he's off to college (which is only a couple of years away now!!!!). I may go on an adult trip one of these days as well.

I'll be looking forward to reading about your May trip!!!! <3

Oh you must feel like a caged lion not being able to play!! I know how much you love playing, watching is the next best thing I suppose....

March is not too far away......

I think you`ll love it this time....I really do. I`ve never raved about a coaster so much in my life.

Will look forward to you following along in May too......it`s funny, it was this time 2 years ago we were planning to meet in that May!!! Who knew.........:wave2:

Hi, Carole. I've been a total lurker on this trip report and just wanted to say thank you for sharing it. I've really enjoyed living vicariously through you, especially since we've postponed from September 2021 to January 2022 and now to the end of June 2022. I'm a teacher, and the second half of the school year cannot go quickly enough. -Michelle

Hi, Carole. I've been a total lurker on this trip report and just wanted to say thank you for sharing it. I've really enjoyed living vicariously through you, especially since we've postponed from September 2021 to January 2022 and now to the end of June 2022. I'm a teacher, and the second half of the school year cannot go quickly enough. -Michelle

Thank you so much for posting! I do appreciate it and thank you for the lovely comment......

Oh you must be so desperate to have your trip come around after so many changes, I can completely sympathise with you as I know exactly how you`re feeling about that....it`ll be so worth it though. I can only guess how stressful the last couple of years must have been as a teacher.

Don`t be a stranger, would love to see you post on the next TR.......and it`s always good to read of everyone else`s plans too...part of the fun!! Thank you once again........ :wave2:

Goodness, you finished this TR almost 2 weeks ago... I honestly didn't think it'd been that long since I was on the DIS... :scared:

Well it sounds like you had a great trip, except for the last 2 days... My head would have exploded a couple times too while filling out all that paperwork... I'm surprised they didn't need the DNA of your first born since they needed everything else!!! :rolleyes:

I'm glad Sue wasn't involved in the accident... I don't know about over there, but over here people drive like idiots!!!! I wish we could shoot the cars with paint guns as a warning for other drivers to stay away from them!!!

These next 3 months are going to fly by before you're back "home"!!! And yes, you need a 4th suitcase in May!!! :thumbsup2

Goodness, you finished this TR almost 2 weeks ago... I honestly didn't think it'd been that long since I was on the DIS... :scared:

Well it sounds like you had a great trip, except for the last 2 days... My head would have exploded a couple times too while filling out all that paperwork... I'm surprised they didn't need the DNA of your first born since they needed everything else!!! :rolleyes:

I'm glad Sue wasn't involved in the accident... I don't know about over there, but over here people drive like idiots!!!! I wish we could shoot the cars with paint guns as a warning for other drivers to stay away from them!!!

These next 3 months are going to fly by before you're back "home"!!! And yes, you need a 4th suitcase in May!!! :thumbsup2

lol.....time passes so quick!!

Someone else said exactly the same thing.....DNA will be next! It was incredibly stressful and something we don`t usually get at all. We said it was so much easier a couple of years ago when our airline went bust while we were on vacation......repatriation was so simple in comparison!!! And of course, now the testing to get back into the UK has all gone, they decided it wasn`t doing any good.......lol......you have to laugh.

Oh we have so many idiot drivers over here too. The thing is you can usually tell just by looking at them or their car that it`s going to be them.......

I think yes, we need another suitcase, might just buy one over there this time as we have much more time this trip.

Thank you, yes, it was still a fabulous trip and was lovely having you along again.....and hope you`ll be there for the May trip, which yes, is just around the corner now!!!

Hope you`re doing well....... :wave2:

But, as we were eating a lady came over and introduced herself as the lovely Melissa......NashvilleTrio on here.......I knew she was living here and she had posted maybe one day we`d say hello.......and it was tonight!

She was with her son and off to meet her husband, so we had a brief chat which was lovely, it`s always nice to be able to put a face to a name, and she was a very nice lady, we were so glad she had introduced herself to us....... :wave2:

To be honest we put most of the food in the trash, we`d find something else later but for now we were heading to Hagrids. I think Melissa`s son told us he hadn`t waited long, so sounded good to us.

It really was quiet.

It truly is a small world!! I'm so glad we saw you and got to say hello.

I'll be looking for you guys again at your next visit!

Lovely trip report! So glad you had a wonderful, well-deserved time. Velocicoaster is one of our favorites too! Love that acceleration as you approach the top hat! We gave Strong Water another go during a recent weekend and so glad we did. We ended up having Lenny while seated at the bar and he was just delightful! So pleasant and caring… always checked in on us, made amazing drinks (I love gin and he recommended some that he made) and had fun conversations. Thanks for an amazing trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter