Homecoming First Timer

I love the fried okra appetizer, since it's hard to find somewhere where it isnt the little frozen balls you get in a school cafeteria. I always get the chicken sandwich and wife gets a salad she loves. The thigh high biscuits are great but it's too much food for us to get those plus an entire.

Okra, sandwich, salad and kids meal gets us out of there at a very reasonable price too. I feel like homecoming can get expensive if you get some of the entres.

DH & I ate here for the first time a few weeks ago. We shared the fried green tomatoes which were one of the best things we've eaten in Disney. DH had the fried chicken sandwich & loved it. I had the thigh high chicken & biscuit. I'm in the small minority but I thought they were gross. I found them to be slimy, fatty & greasy-yuck. Everything else was so good though that Homecomin is now on our list of must do's for every trip!
I enjoyed the biscuits but didn’t care for the chicken either. I tried the chicken sandwich on a second trip and didn’t like it either. I thought both were greasy and flavorless.

The thigh high chicken biscuits are the best, hands down! I also have to mention the chocolate pecan pie a la mode. It's amazing and my husband and I were fighting over the last bite! We can't wait to eat there again in September.

If you love rum, the Local is the best drink on WDW property imho.
My parents love doing the moonshine flight

My dad would tell you shrimp and grits, my aunt would tell you the burger (I will say the chips and ranch sauce that came with the burger are excellent). My mom loves the chicken and dumpling soup. My grandma loved the chicken and donuts as did my other aunt. And I would tell you the fried chicken. While I love the mashed potato’s and Mac and cheese it’s very hard for me to choose between the two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter