Hong Kong Disneyland

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for a conference bus from the front that will take you to Disneyland. Transportation to and from work regularly schedule.Staff useful pool great for kids. The hotel was very easy to reach, just a ride 25 minutes by car.

I would be prepared with an autograph book. There were so many characters walking around and NO LINES. In fact, it was almost sad how no one seemed to care about the characters :(

There is an awesome doll house in one of the stores in Main Street - lots of Disney details!

Also, if you have time, watch Aristocats before your trip. I'm not sure why, but Marie is very popular in both Hong Kong and Tokyo.

Take the time to check out the merchandise. The rounded-style character items (not sure if that makes any sense), some pins, ball-shaped beanbag pillows, etc. were available in Hong Kong a couple of years before the EXACT same merchandise was available in the states. The items you see in HKDL are a good indication of what you might see in the WDW and DL in the next few years.

That being said, I went right after the park opened and things may be very different now. I have some pics in the my Disneyland pre-trip report (link in signature).

Marie is our favorite my daughter and i did 8 days wdw could not find her when we went 2009 we went to guest relations they arranged special meet for us in Epcot i think they had a lot of complaints as she now comes out every day.thanks for sharing i so want to go Hong Kong.

When I went to HKDL, language was absolutely no problem. Everyone spoke English and signs were in English. However the fact that it's also in Chinese makes it much more interesting, in my opinion. The only thing it stopped me doing was the Stitch attraction - but only because when I happened to wander past they were doing shows in Chinese, and I never bothered to return later when they were doing shows in English.

The HKDL Hotels are also within walking distance of the park. The Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel is the closest. I would guess that it would be quicker to walk than to get the bus - since the bus drops you off my the train station (and the walk from the hotel to the park is not much longer than the walk from the bus station to the park).

The Hollywood Hotel is further away, but still walkable (I did it). However, on a hot day I might be tempted to get the bus instead.

I had only one time visited of hong Kong Disneyland when I was in since 14 years old, it was my really great one week which I spend at this place, Its really lovely place to be with family , friends,or colleagues.

My family just visited HKDL during Spring Break. The park itself was small, as described in other places on this board. Someone called it "Disney Lite" and I think that's a pretty good name for it. We liked it, though. It was great to see the cultural differences between Disney here in the U.S. and overseas.

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and really liked it there. Very convenient and lots of things to do at the property itself.

Based on a recommendation from steve76 on this board, we went to the Ngong Ping cable car, which we really enjoyed (thanks, Steve!).

I probably wouldn't go to Hong Kong just to visit HKDL, but it's a great place to go if you have other reasons to be there.

Hong Kong is fun for travel, but don't miss LKF in Central (both Friday and Saturday night)

Disneyland half day is enough.

I personally won't visit Disney HK between June to Sept.
1. It is really really HOT!
2. Too many peoples.

I personally won't visit Disney HK between June to Sept.
1. It is really really HOT!
2. Too many peoples.

I didn't even think about crowds when I booked my trip to Hong Kong. :P I'll be at HKD on June 2. Anyone know how hot/crowded it will be? (I supposed it doesn't help that June 2 is a Saturday! lol)

LostWendy

No idea what June is like, as I was there in August, but TAKE AN UMBRELLA for the heat. Everyone there had them, and we really could have used one.

I was there last October and actually, there was a haunted mansion of sorts, just not like the Disneyland and WDW ones. This one you walk through in a group and they have actors playing the roles of the ghosts etc that jump out at you. I had no idea what they were saying but I've never laughed/screamed so much in my life! I don't know if this was just for Halloween but if you look at the map you can see the building at top left of Main St USA.

I found the park to be small enough to see it all in a day, the general feeling seems to be that this one is geared more towards children and teenagers but I really enjoyed myself. The train to the park and the station are fantastic, as is the fountain as you head to the park.

Hi Luisa,

Did you go to any Halloween event in the evening? I'm there for Halloween this year and trying to find some more info. I am a wimp and don't like to be scared!!!

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter