Hoop De Do

jkh36619

DIS Veteran
CM tells me this AM that she hasn't seen an opening for the entire month of Nov and Dec. Anyone know if anything is going on? Cant be that full.

I have an ADR for November 19. I've been reading that there are problems with the reservation system there.

I got one for Nov 6 on my 180+ day. But I've been reading that for the last week or 2 nobody can find any ADRS for HDDR for Oct-Dec. It seems to be a glitch, one of several they've had with HDDR for months; and which IT has not fixed, even though been told about it.

I was able to get the 6:15 show on Dec 9th when I tried on my 180+ day, which was June 12th. I was surprised how easy it was, because I'd read there were problems. I guess it's hit or miss.

I was able to get the 6:15 show on Dec 9th when I tried on my 180+ day, which was June 12th. I was surprised how easy it was, because I'd read there were problems. I guess it's hit or miss.
I was able to book that show too (see you there! lol) but now it is unbookable and I can't believe that all 3 shows on that night are sold out for all categories.

I was able to book that show too (see you there! lol) but now it is unbookable and I can't believe that all 3 shows on that night are sold out for all categories.

Maybe we will be the only ones there!

Maybe we will be the only ones there!
I keep wondering if disney is not going to figure out there is a problem until they start playing to empty rooms in september. I know at least one other person who booked it though!

We've were told that they are changing the hours of the show (December trip). My completely uneducated guess is that the 6:15 show is being phased out and those with that time already will be notified first and given a choice of the earlier or later show. Once that's done, they'll open the remaining tables up for regular ADR's.

We've were told that they are changing the hours of the show (December trip). My completely uneducated guess is that the 6:15 show is being phased out and those with that time already will be notified first and given a choice of the earlier or later show. Once that's done, they'll open the remaining tables up for regular ADR's.
who told you that? sounds plausible, just wondering where the info is coming from.

It doesn't sound plausible to me. What do they do with the staff that is there for a 4 PM show and has to wait for an 8:30 show?
Seems like a huge waste to cancel the middle show rather than one on either end

It doesn't sound plausible to me. What do they do with the staff that is there for a 4 PM show and has to wait for an 8:30 show?
Seems like a huge waste to cancel the middle show rather than one on either end
well I was assuming they would move them closer together, like a 5pm and a 7:30 show or something. not keep 4 and 8:30! I think I misread what I was responding to. It also makes NO sense to phase out the most popular show. If they were going to phase something out I'd guess it would be the 8:30 show, which by all accounts is often not full. But it would not surprise me if they change the times on all of it - 4pm is kind of early and 8:30 is kind of late, if they eliminated a show I'd expect two more reasonable times.

Yeah, 5:00 and 7:30 or something like that would make sense. But wouldn't there be some kind of official announcement of a change like that? This has been going on for months.

Yeah, 5:00 and 7:30 or something like that would make sense. But wouldn't there be some kind of official announcement of a change like that? This has been going on for months.
yes at this point it feels more likely that sometime in september (I think when it started) SOMEONE at disney is going to notice there are only like 5 families going to each show and is going to freak out and then it will be fixed going forward for the year. It sounds to me more like a programming glitch and considering how glitchy their site is....

That said if they DO make that change - one person reported being asked to switch in august from the 6:15 to the 4pm show and was offered some pixie dust for the trouble. I would prefer the 6:15 show but could live with the 4pm with a little pixie dust. more like 5pm would be more palatable all around but I just want to say that is utter pure speculation on my part and not substantiated by anything I have heard anywhere!

Aw, I was excited for a second thinking we'd be at the same show, but we're at the one on 12/8

Hmmmm. I have been trying to get a 6:15 time for mid November with no luck since my 180+ day. I settled on 4pm, which would be ok, but I would prefer 5-5:30pm if that is what they are going to do. I remember that had two shows a night many years ago.

Hmmmm. I have been trying to get a 6:15 time for mid November with no luck since my 180+ day. I settled on 4pm, which would be ok, but I would prefer 5-5:30pm if that is what they are going to do. I remember that had two shows a night many years ago.
again that was just my wish, not based on any actual information - real or fabricated!

who told you that? sounds plausible, just wondering where the info is coming from.
We were told about the time change by a CM when we called to book HDDR directly. It was my uneducated guess (based on reports that some shows have had very low attendance) that they were going from 3 shows to 2 shows. It just makes sense to me, since they'd have to temporarily close the ADR's to new guests while they decide on new show hours, notify guests with existing reservations and allow them to choose from the new show times before opening it back up to the public. That could explain why it hasn't been available to book for a few weeks now.

I'll go back to reading and not responding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter