Hoop De Do

No matter what the CM said, it isn't fully booked. I was told the same thing and then magically, when the calendar turned to July, there was all kinds of availability for August. Unfortunately, you may have to wait until October to see that happen for your trip.

No matter what the CM said, it isn't fully booked. I was told the same thing and then magically, when the calendar turned to July, there was all kinds of availability for August. Unfortunately, you may have to wait until October to see that happen for your trip.

Agreed. The last time I checked, there were still August times available but nothing from the beginning of September forward. September is more or less the slowest month of the year. This tells me that it's not fully booked but, rather, that they aren't releasing reservations from September forward.

My guess is that there is some sort of refurb planned, but they haven't pinned down the exact dates. I'd also guess that it's a relatively short refurb (someone posted a while back that a CM told them that they were refinishing the floor) because if it were an extended refurb, we'd have more information/rumors about it.

I suspect until they have the dates pinned down, they'll just release reservations one month at a time.

I had not originally planned on attending the Hoop-Dee-Doo for my December trip, but after shuffling plans, if certain AK things fall through (cough... cough... Rivers of Light), it seems like a great option!

I had read about this ADR issue on a few threads and am now constantly checking :o

I've been checking every day for any show during my 1/7 - 1/22 trip. Has anyone gotten a reservation through in January 2017?

Based on other threads, I had expected/hoped that Hoop de Doo dates in September would open up on August 1 (particularly the 6:15 slot), but that didnt happen. It is very frustrating since 4:30 is way too early for dinner and 8:30 is too late, especially with a 4 year old. I am still hoping that we can get our 6:15 for mid October soon

Just got an alert from Touring Plans that HDDR was available for my date of 12/21/16 and was finally able to book it.

Thanks tinamariec, I was just able to book for October 23! It was funny that they only showed Category 1 available, but I just went with it.
What is Touring Plans? Can you ask them to watch for open reservations at a particular time?

Just tried to book for October and got availability for the 6:15 show. My question is: If you are using the Dining Plan, why do you still have to pre-pay?

What is Touring Plans? Can you ask them to watch for open reservations at a particular time?

Yes, you can request for them to find up to two reservations at a time. I'm a member, but I believe the reservations finder is free for all.

Thank You tinamariec!! :):):):):jumping1: So excited to see your post!! I was just able to book for October 30th!!! 6:15p Show--we like Cat 3 but Category 1 was the only available showing!! So I grabbed it-- I have been checking since our 180 Days with no luck. This will make everyone in my group so Happy that I was finally able to get a reservation!!!

Just tried to book for October and got availability for the 6:15 show. My question is: If you are using the Dining Plan, why do you still have to pre-pay?

It let me use the dining plan as soon as I got though the initial screens, there was a checked option to use the dining plan or pay. And I believe it's only the 8:30 show that you can use the dining plan on, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
I have a Touring Plans notification set for 12/11. Nothing yet for my week. This is so strange!

Yes, you can request for them to find up to two reservations at a time. I'm a member, but I believe the reservations finder is free for all.
I signed up and yes it was free! I am trying to get an earlier Be Our Guest restaurant reservation. Thanks again!

Just got an alert from Touring Plans that HDDR was available for my date of 12/21/16 and was finally able to book it.

That's the date we are looking for as well, but I can't seem to find availability still :headache:. Your post gives me hope, though!

Yeah, still nothing at 6:15pm for the 1st-2nd week of November either. Lame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter