Hot Dog! Hot Dog! Hot Diggity Dog! ~Upated 12/15 Darn! That's the end!

thirty-one link

I am not a seller of these items, but this is just a link to see what I am talking about if you are curious. My mom's bag was similar to item G.

Being a teacher (soon) I love their totes. Very practical for my files, and other stuff I have to cart around. Being a mom I love the large expandable totes for all the stuff my girls seem to gather and pick up and collect, etc.

I hosted a party and got some great deals on these totes.

Hope to get an update on later today, almost done, and after that comes the

cliff hanger of epic porportions!

I hosted a party and got some great deals on these totes.

Oh yeah! I've seen those around. Now I can point and say to my DW, "Those are from 31" and look smart.

Well maybe not the smart part.

Hope to get an update on later today, almost done, and after that comes the

cliff hanger of epic porportions!

dramasmileyf.gif

My mom rented herself a scooter for this trip and I got it from an outside renter that delivers to where ever you are and will come to the parks to fix an issue or give you a working one. It breaks down into 5 pieces in 5 seconds and easily transportable. She had triple bypass last September and the following march one of her by pass veins collapsed and she had to have a previous collapsed vein ballooned or re-opened if you will. She is 69 and despite her other health issues, she is pretty spry but wants to be cautious on this trip and not over do it. I can accept that and so I granted her wish and got her a scooter. Oh boy!

We wake up to our first day in the parks!

Magic Kingdom it is!

This is my absolute favorite park and I like to start our trips with this park. And the crowd calendar said to visit this park today! Bonus!

The only plan is to have fun doing what we love!

We set the GPS to take us to MK Park because we are not familiar yet with navigation around the outskirts of Disney and once we are on property I shut her off. Veer left, stay right turn here turn there, blah blah blah!

I love driving under the sign and we get all antsy once again. It doesn’t matter how many times you have driven under this sign, but the first time each trip is reason enough to hoot and holler and get all goosy bumpy and honk your horn all crazy.

And we did.

Only to realize we are only at the TCC and we still have to a few business things to take care of.
IMG_1768.jpg

Mom testing out her new wheels!
IMG_1769.jpg

Skipping to the TCC ticket booths

We are adding water parks and more to our tickets so we can have twice as much fun on our trip.

Plus we had to get the birthday buttons for the birthday princess and prince, er the teenager. Yes, half of our kids were having a real birthday while on this vacation.

How fantastic is it to wake up, as a kid, on your birthday and be at WDW. All four of them have now officially celebrated a birthday while at WDW. Wow, are they spoiled!!!!

With mom leading the way we dance up the ramp
IMG_1773.jpg

and the CMs lead us to the handicapped loaders line for the monorail and they lead us right on a train. In fact we are the only ones put on this train and we watch all the other people standing in their line as we pull away.

That was just odd to me. Not that there were a ton of people in line but certainly enough to get on and fill up a train comfortably......huummm?

We pull through the contemporary and it didn’t even stop.

Another weird occurrence. Wheels start turning in my head cause this ain't right.

Maybe we are being specially chosen by Disney for something? For about ½ a second I wanted to believe that but my daughter’s squeal of seeing the castle brought me back to reality. Dang how nice would have that been though?

The train stopped we got off and had no crowd to fight to get to the park.

Baggage check was painless, tickets worked, and we were in!

As usual we head to Tomorrow Land and it is so unpopulated. Boy am I glad I chose not to do the EMH parks, this is working out to our favor and we walked on the Monsters, Buzz, Carousel, Space Mt., TTA-but when don’t you walk on that? And it stayed this way until lunch time.

Upon walking on to Buzz there were EMT’s working on someone all laid out on a stretcher. My first thoughts were: OMG is that NEBO?

Seriously, I stopped and looked at the person for like 2.3 seconds so not to be too obvious and from what I can tell from the oxygen mask and EMT stuff all over, I couldn’t tell. Then I saw blonde curly hair sticking out from under the mask and nope it wasn’t him. But man! How scary that something like that CAN happen to someone while on vacation in Disney. Ahem.
IMG_1775.jpg

My favorite ride in the park!
46044_1514097845174_5287266_n1.jpg

Yes I am that good! But acquired such high esteem on our last trip. I only got 470,000 this trip. I think they tweaked the ride a bit, just saying.

I loved all the attention the birthday kids were getting and Maddy’s eyes upon seeing the castle made me cry.
Maddy is on her “first” trip to Disney. First for her because she doesn’t remember the other two.
100_2643.jpg
image0044.jpg
SANY0006.jpg
SANY0001-4.jpg

Look how she has changed!

I was mistaken, this is her fourth trip. I am losing count, we are all spoiled!

She couldn’t wait to get a Mickey bar and while the guys and Mal rode Space Mt., I obliged and got her one. She LOOOOVVVVEEEEDDDDD it!
IMG_1780.jpg

Before
IMG_1781.jpg

After

Her one big request was to ride the new and improved Dumbo that I have yet to experience. She pulled her daddy’s hand so quick when we got there they disappeared, literally, and I waited with my mom.

And waited……..

And waited some more……..

Until I got a picture text from Tim of them inside this awesome indoor playground.

Did I mention it was like 100 degrees out today? I didn’t? Well it was. Sweaty HOT! While I waited 45 minutes outside melting, they were in a nice air-conditioned Disney version of Chuck E. Cheese with a restaurant style buzzer to let you know when it was your turn to ride.

NICEEEE!

So I am left to stand and people watch.

I noticed this nice sweet couple, older in their years, just the two of them. They were from India I am guessing based on how they were dressed and other dead giveaways and they were strolling along. When I see couples like this I get all warm and fuzzy inside. One day I want to stroll with Tim hand in hand without the kids through Disney.

Man I want to do that NOW! Forget old age!

My attention was diverted because I was looking for my family to see if they were on the ride and I notice this same couple getting on one of the Dumbo cars.

What???? Hang on! Sweet just flew out the window!

How can that be? I have been waiting 45 minutes for my family to ride and in a minute’s time they are on?

Well the CM noticed this too; they had two people walking around who couldn’t find an available car. Disney does do this right. They hand every group of riders a card to give back to the CM once they get in their car. This nice sweet innocent couple didn’t have a card. They walked in from the exit gate thinking they could just get on the ride.

Sneaky is more like it.

It took several minutes for them to understand they couldn’t ride the ride (or that is what they lead on) and the lady kept doing something with her hands that made me think she was insistent to ride it or maybe the language barrier was an issue?

(perhaps)

Eventually they got off so the mom and her kid could get on and what did they do?

Did they get in line like everyone else?

No, they walked away.

I think they have a pretty unique touring plan if you ask me. I wonder how often it works for them.

We ate lunch at the Village Hause (I hope this is spelled right and or even the right name, but I’m not checking, its across from Philharmagic and the mess that they call stroller and wheelchair parking) which was a mad house. Where did all the people come from up until now it was tame. Mix people with food and you have chaos.

From here we managed to do our favorites, Haunter Mansion, Pirates, Peter Pan, Presidents, Big Thunder, and last but not least, Splash.

Maddy had it in her mind that she was not riding Splash Mountain. I have no idea why it’s my (second) favorite ride there! I do know she doesn’t like big dips.

Ahem, and being the good mom that I am we called Pirates the boat ride and she loved it so when we referred to Splash we called it the boat ride too and when she saw the boats on Splash she wouldn’t think anything of it.

I am so brilliant!

I really wanted her to see all of the theme(ing) on this ride and the songs we sing at home and know where this comes from. I knew that after riding this ride she wouldn’t be a huge fan, but I wanted her to make that decision based on experience. Not fear.

Ha!

We got on the boat and in 4 seconds she looks at me and says, “Is this Splash Mountain?”

Smarty pants!

She did love it except for the last drop. I asked her if she would ride it in a few years when she was bigger and she said yes. That was after I calmed down her hysterical crying.

Well maybe it wasn’t hysterical, more like I just saw a ghost in the middle of the night type crying.

But guess what, she now sings the songs from the ride and FEELS it like we do.

Hive five girlfriend!

What we really wanted to do is go back home, get out of the heat and enjoy this pool that came along with the home we rented, resort fee free (Nebo reference Satan’s Hammer).

So, we left the heat and the crowds and headed home. My phone had died using the park apps and when I plugged it in I saw I missed several calls from Nebo. Wow, several?

Oh! He even left me a message! This made me giddy and happy so I called my voicemail to retrieve his message and after listening to it I do believe I turned pale and screamed OMG! Pray for Nebo everyone NOW!!!!!

I never got a message like that before and was almost in a panic. I even considered driving over to POP to find him and Smidgy. Was he even in the area anymore!!!!!!!????????

This was the message of all messages.

I call it:

The Message of Epic Cliffhanger Proportions!

(How was that Nebo, did I build you up like you wanted? Heh)
Oh, I'll email you my address for the ah, payment later on.

Up next the translated phone message, for reals!

I call it:

Talk about a hint to get writing, Nebo.

I would love to trick my DD17 into riding Splash Mountain, but she is way too tricky for that. I used up my mom mojo on BTMR when she was 5. She won't ride that one either, still. What's a mom to do? The rides are fun, doggoneit, and you are here to have fun. ::yes::

My mom rented herself a scooter for this trip and I got it from an outside renter that delivers to where ever you are and will come to the parks to fix an issue or give you a working one. It breaks down into 5 pieces in 5 seconds and easily transportable. She had triple bypass last September and the following march one of her by pass veins collapsed and she had to have a previous collapsed vein ballooned or re-opened if you will. She is 69 and despite her other health issues, she is pretty spry but wants to be cautious on this trip and not over do it. I can accept that and so I granted her wish and got her a scooter. Oh boy!

I should have come with and maybve we would have gotten a volume discount.

I love driving under the sign and we get all antsy once again. It doesn’t matter how many times you have driven under this sign, but the first time each trip is reason enough to hoot and holler and get all goosy bumpy and honk your horn all crazy.

And we did.

that is the one drawback about using the Western Way entrance or coming in off of Sherberth Road, no big welcome signs. :(

Only to realize we are only at the TCC and we still have to a few business things to take care of.
IMG_1768.jpg

Mom testing out her new wheels!
IMG_1769.jpg

We are adding water parks and more to our tickets so we can have twice as much fun on our trip.

Who are you, Stacy?

Plus we had to get the birthday buttons for the birthday princess and prince, er the teenager. Yes, half of our kids were having a real birthday while on this vacation.

Bottom half or the top half?
sorry

How fantastic is it to wake up, as a kid, on your birthday and be at WDW. All four of them have now officially celebrated a birthday while at WDW. Wow, are they spoiled!!!!

it looks like I'm going to wake up on my next birthday at,,,,, at,,,,,
Universal!:bitelip:

That was just odd to me. Not that there were a ton of people in line but certainly enough to get on and fill up a train comfortably......huummm?

I think it was Tim, he looks pretty seedy.::yes::

We pull through the contemporary and it didn’t even stop.

not even temporary?

Another weird occurrence. Wheels start turning in my head cause this ain't right.

I didn'lt know your head had invented the wheel yet, I thought it was still working on fire, remember? "Ooh oooh, hot stuff!"

Maybe we are being specially chosen by Disney for something? For about ½ a second I wanted to believe that but my daughter’s squeal of seeing the castle brought me back to reality. Dang how nice would have that been though?

"Ladies and gentlemen, joining Mickey and Donald on the train we have the specially chosen because of their good deeds, the Mony Mony family from Michigan!. Good morning, good morning, do, do, de do do."

The train stopped we got off and had no crowd to fight to get to the park.

Baggage check was painless, tickets worked, and we were in!

Ooh, I know, the them from MASH, "Baggage Check is Painless".

As usual we head to Tomorrow Land and it is so unpopulated.
Unpopulated? Is that like saying it wasn't crowded? Geesh.

Boy am I glad I chose not to do the EMH parks, this is working out to our favor and we walked on the Monsters, Buzz, Carousel, Space Mt., TTA-but when don’t you walk on that? And it stayed this way until lunch time.

Park attendance dropped off rapidly while we were there, even two days earlier it was packed at MK.

Upon walking on to Buzz there were EMT’s working on someone all laid out on a stretcher. My first thoughts were: OMG is that NEBO?

Oh, you're a regular riot, you are. A real Gilda Rudener.

Seriously, I stopped and looked at the person for like 2.3 seconds so not to be too obvious and from what I can tell from the oxygen mask and EMT stuff all over, I couldn’t tell. Then I saw blonde curly hair sticking out from under the mask and nope it wasn’t him. But man! How scary that something like that CAN happen to someone while on vacation in Disney. Ahem.

Yeah, sounds pretty scary, but I wouldn't know.:faint:
IMG_1775.jpg

My favorite ride in the park!
46044_1514097845174_5287266_n1.jpg

Yes I am that good! But acquired such high esteem on our last trip. I only got 470,000 this trip. I think they tweaked the ride a bit, just saying.

Wow, I'm impressed, no doubt about it.

That's a great picture exchange through time, verry good.

She couldn’t wait to get a Mickey bar and while the guys and Mal rode Space Mt., I obliged and got her one. She LOOOOVVVVEEEEDDDDD it!
IMG_1780.jpg

Before
IMG_1781.jpg

After

That's something else I always plan on getting but never do, a Mickey Bar. But I suppose they can't do that at Magic Kingdom, little kids shouldn't be out drinking at that age with Mickey!:rolleyes1

I noticed this nice sweet couple, older in their years, just the two of them. They were from India I am guessing based on how they were dressed and other dead giveaways and they were strolling along. When I see couples like this I get all warm and fuzzy inside. One day I want to stroll with Tim hand in hand without the kids through Disney.

Yes, I've wanted to do that with Tim too, but I think Ponzi would get mad.

Man I want to do that NOW! Forget old age!

My attention was diverted because I was looking for my family to see if they were on the ride and I notice this same couple getting on one of the Dumbo cars.

What???? Hang on! Sweet just flew out the window!

How can that be? I have been waiting 45 minutes for my family to ride and in a minute’s time they are on?

Well the CM noticed this too; they had two people walking around who couldn’t find an available car. Disney does do this right. They hand every group of riders a card to give back to the CM once they get in their car. This nice sweet innocent couple didn’t have a card. They walked in from the exit gate thinking they could just get on the ride.

Sneaky is more like it.

Yeah, I'd blow a gasket over that. And it ticks me off even more when it's foreigners doing it, or Americans that were originally from foreign countries now trying to play the ignorance card.

It took several minutes for them to understand they couldn’t ride the ride (or that is what they lead on) and the lady kept doing something with her hands that made me think she was insistent to ride it or maybe the language barrier was an issue?

(perhaps)

perhaps not

Eventually they got off so the mom and her kid could get on and what did they do?

No, they walked away.

Of course they did

I think they have a pretty unique touring plan if you ask me. I wonder how often it works for them.

From here we managed to do our favorites, Haunter Mansion, Pirates, Peter Pan, Presidents, Big Thunder, and last but not least, Splash.

I'm always afraid to do Hall of Precedents, for fear that we'd have to do it every time after that.

I really wanted her to see all of the theme(ing) on this ride and the songs we sing at home and know where this comes from. I knew that after riding this ride she wouldn’t be a huge fan, but I wanted her to make that decision based on experience. Not fear.

Makes sense to me.

Ha!

We got on the boat and in 4 seconds she looks at me and says, “Is this Splash Mountain?”

Smarty pants!

Pretty good sure as your born.

So, we left the heat and the crowds and headed home. My phone had died using the park apps and when I plugged it in I saw I missed several calls from Nebo. Wow, several?

Oh! He even left me a message! This made me giddy and happy so I called my voicemail to retrieve his message and after listening to it I do believe I turned pale and screamed OMG! Pray for Nebo everyone NOW!!!!!

I never got a message like that before and was almost in a panic. I even considered driving over to POP to find him and Smidgy. Was he even in the area anymore!!!!!!!????????

I call it:

Ok, I'm not going to go into it yet, but I really am sorry how that worked out, what an incredibly bad time to have the battery go dead as I was telling you what happened, I hate cell phones.
To the readers out there, we were set up basically to meet at the end of the week, and after my little "incident", I wasn't sure If I'd still be able to keep the meeting, and I tried to warn her ahead of time.

But fgreat chapter Monica, it would be better too if you didn't have these idiot Nebo references in there though.

GReat chapter, on the edge of my seat! It's amazing some of the things we have to do to get our kids on rides. Scaring them for life is all part of the Disney fun!!!

Sneaky is more like it.

Yeah, I'd blow a gasket over that. And it ticks me off even more when it's foreigners doing it, or Americans that were originally from foreign countries now trying to play the ignorance card.

(perhaps)

perhaps not

ok, true story.. the cook at the restaurant is from Mexico. he went to florida in July. (I don't even want to go into all the research I did for him, copying things, lending him books, videos, etc and he did everything wrong. aarggh!
ok, one example, he got a room for only $30 at the Hampton Inn cause his friends is a cook at a Hilton. great deal.. but it was in Lakeland!)

anyway he told me how they got front row seats for the parade. me : " wow! how long did you have to stake those out? " (parenthetical aside.. now I have to explain "stake out") him: "no we yust walked right up" "well, there was a tape line on the street, and a guy was telling people to move, but we just pretended we didn't speak english , I just shook my head, and looked stupid"

aarrgh!!!

. I called my voicemail to retrieve his message and after listening to it I do believe I turned pale and screamed OMG! Pray for Nebo everyone NOW!!!!!

I call it:

Dun-dun-dun.....:scared1:

Great chapter.

My mom rented herself a scooter for this trip and I got it from an outside renter that delivers to where ever you are and will come to the parks to fix an issue or give you a working one.

That's pretty good service. I'm sure they don't have to do it very often, but when a scooter does fail, its nice to know that it'll be taken care of.

It breaks down into 5 pieces in 5 seconds

Oh! So that's why you need the service. It breaks down into 5 pieces every 5 seconds. No wonder you'd need replacements!

and easily transportable.

Who cares? It's always breaking down!

She had triple bypass last September and the following march one of her by pass veins collapsed and she had to have a previous collapsed vein ballooned or re-opened if you will.

Wow! Scary times for you and your family.

She is 69 and despite her other health issues, she is pretty spry but wants to be cautious on this trip and not over do it.

I can certainly see why!

Magic Kingdom it is!

This is my absolute favorite park

Really? You're probably the only one. :rolleyes:

The only plan is to have fun doing what we love!

Oooh. That's a good plan. ::yes::

We set the GPS to take us to MK Park because we are not familiar yet with navigation around the outskirts of Disney and once we are on property I shut her off. Veer left, stay right turn here turn there, blah blah blah!

And before you know it, you've made a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

I love driving under the sign and we get all antsy once again.

And that's how it happened. Walt made some mountains out of an anthill.

Or something like that.

Okay, maybe that was reaching a little too far on that one.

It doesn’t matter how many times you have driven under this sign, but the first time each trip is reason enough to hoot and holler and get all goosy bumpy and honk your horn all crazy.

And we did.

:rotfl: Well all right!

IMG_1769.jpg

That's a great shot. I especially like the "'cmon Grandma!" over the shoulder look from your DD.

Yes, half of our kids were having a real birthday while on this vacation.

I like that "Which half" line too much to try and top it.

Spoiled indeed... and what's wrong with that? I think it's great!

In fact we are the only ones put on this train and we watch all the other people standing in their line as we pull away.

That's strange. Are you sure you were the only ones? Or just the only ones in your car?

Being chosen to have a non-stop ride to MK not enough? Boy you are spoiled!

jk

Baggage check was painless,

But the orifice check was a pain in the ...

As usual we head to Tomorrow Land and it is so unpopulated.

Agent Orange will do that, ya know.

this is working out to our favor and we walked on the Monsters,

Did they howl in pain when you did?

just wonderin'

My thought was "OMG is that the monster you just walked on?"

Then I saw blonde curly hair sticking out from under the mask

Nebo wears a wig?? Who knew?

That's my motto too, "When I fail, blame someone or something else."

I loved all the attention the birthday kids were getting and Maddy’s eyes upon seeing the castle made me cry.

Aw. :)

Great "Stroll down memory lane" shots. :thumbsup2

Yup. Being in the Florida heat that much will do that. Gotta keep in the fridge to avoid spoiling.

Her one big request was to ride the new and improved Dumbo that I have yet to experience. She pulled her daddy’s hand so quick when we got there they disappeared, literally, and I waited with my mom.

Literally? Wow! Who knew David Copperfield worked at Disney?

Did I mention it was like 100 degrees out today? I didn’t? Well it was. Sweaty HOT!

Well, no. You didn't exactly mention it, but you did say you were beginning to spoil, I believe.

While I waited 45 minutes outside melting,

outside spoiling

So no more line up for Dumbo? Just the buzzers. Interesting... I wonder how that'll work out in the long run.

Just curious, but how did you know that they didn't have a buzzer from earlier?

No, they walked away.

No offense to those Dumbo lovers out there.... but I wouldn't stand in line for it either.

We ate lunch at the Village Hause (I hope this is spelled right

Don't worry. Nebo, the spelling police, will let you know if it's not right. :snooty:

which was a mad house.

mad hause

I too have not done Presidents in ages. Several presidents ago for sure. Maybe pre Reagan? Long time anyway.

Maddy had it in her mind that she was not riding Splash Mountain. I have no idea why it’s my (second) favorite ride there! I do know she doesn’t like big dips.

I've known a few big dips in my life... matter of fact I work with some... so I'm not surprised she doesn't like them.

And now she's traumatized and shakes in her boots at the very mention of the word "Disney".

Caught!

She did love it except for the last drop. I asked her if she would ride it in a few years when she was bigger and she said yes. That was after I calmed down her hysterical crying.

And people were branding you "Bad mother".

"Did you see what that woman did to that poor, sweet child? Freaked her right. Out."

Well maybe it wasn’t hysterical, more like I just saw a ghost in the middle of the night type crying.

That wouldn't be hysterical?
"Oh, hello Mother. Sorry to be such a bother. But I'm afraid there seems to be some sort of spectral nuisance in my bedroom. Such a dreadful screeching noise it's making. And all the blood is simply ruining my bedclothes. If it's all right with you, perhaps I'll repair to the guestroom. Nighty night!"

Oh, all right. You can have your 'mother of the year' card back.

What we really wanted to do is go back home, get out of the heat and enjoy this pool that came along with the home we rented, resort fee free (Nebo reference Satan’s Hammer).

Resort fees are not included? You don't know what you're missing. :rolleyes1:

Building up the stress level... very good.

I call it:

Well done. But....

Are you going to be able to hold off writing about it until he does? Hmmmm?

Interesting to see how you both will describe that call. Thanks for the Chapter Monica! :goodvibes

Hey you, you are way overdue.
For even a comment, not to mention a chapter.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to use that overdue word, it just slipped out.

Monica, I hope you aren't waiting for me to post your next chapter, if so, I appreciate it, but its no secret we talked on the phone, and you can tell a lot of what happened I guess, I'd just appreciate you leaving out the nature or location of what happened just yet.

So chop chop, bring it on, and you have your own "interesting moments" to write about after a full day.

By the way, off topic,,, I'm getting the feeling we are going down to the wire this year. My offer still stands to take Cabrera our for a night on the town, Miguel, Tim and I can have a blast. Tell Prince he can join us too. Oh, I'm sorry, of course you too. And I keep waiting for them to find out that Justin is really a robot, nobody can still keep throwing at 95 mph in the 9th inning!

Sorry guys this is my first week of school as a student teacher and this is a very crazy adjustment for me.

Please be patient and I will be around tomorrow with that voicemail update and please have some faith in me Nebo, I would never steal your thunder.

The Tigers frustrate me terribly they sweep the Sox and then they go lose 2 to Cleveland.

Cleveland!!!!!!

Ok, I'm not going to go into it yet, but I really am sorry how that worked out, what an incredibly bad time to have the battery go dead as I was telling you what happened, I hate cell phones.
To the readers out there, we were set up basically to meet at the end of the week, and after my little "incident", I wasn't sure If I'd still be able to keep the meeting, and I tried to warn her ahead of time.

But fgreat chapter Monica, it would be better too if you didn't have these idiot Nebo references in there though.

You make it so easy for me to make fun of you.

Sneaky is more like it.

(perhaps)

perhaps not

ok, true story.. the cook at the restaurant is from Mexico. he went to florida in July. (I don't even want to go into all the research I did for him, copying things, lending him books, videos, etc and he did everything wrong. aarggh!
ok, one example, he got a room for only $30 at the Hampton Inn cause his friends is a cook at a Hilton. great deal.. but it was in Lakeland!)

anyway he told me how they got front row seats for the parade. me : " wow! how long did you have to stake those out? " (parenthetical aside.. now I have to explain "stake out") him: "no we yust walked right up" "well, there was a tape line on the street, and a guy was telling people to move, but we just pretended we didn't speak english , I just shook my head, and looked stupid"

aarrgh!!!

I would have made him promise me to never go back, ever!
That's strange. Are you sure you were the only ones? Or just the only ones in your car?

The train was empty, we walked up along side it before getting on, I thought they were just letting the scooter on before the others, but no, no one in line moved. We left. Then when getting off, no one else got off and you could see empty cars. We were the only ones going down the ramp to enter MK. Strange.

Being chosen to have a non-stop ride to MK not enough? Boy you are spoiled!

HA!

But the orifice check was a pain in the ...

Agent Orange will do that, ya know.

That explains it all!

Nebo wears a wig?? Who knew?

Exactly!:thumbsup2

That's my motto too, "When I fail, blame someone or something else."

I know right?

So no more line up for Dumbo? Just the buzzers. Interesting... I wonder how that'll work out in the long run.

It is a trick really, you walk up to where you think you are getting on and you enter this door and BAM! the kids are sucked in to wanting to run around and play what else can a parent do when handed a buzzer and they say, 45 minute wait and then realize you can sit down, in the comforts of airconditioning while your kid gets to run around a play in a mildly safe environment and you get to have some time to recharge, sounds pretty amazing to me, but what do I know, I was left out in the heat to melt, clueless to their posh surroundings.

Just curious, but how did you know that they didn't have a buzzer from earlier?

Buzzers were handed out inside the tent. They were never inside the tent. Read my other TRs, I'm a secret agent with special training. I am a very good observer and people watcher and I can figure you out pretty quickly.

Are you going to be able to hold off writing about it until he does? Hmmmm?

I'm so busy right now he may pass me up, I got the phone call last night that I was AWOL and I better get my butt over here and update, forget about everything else!

Interesting to see how you both will describe that call. Thanks for the Chapter Monica! :goodvibes

And here you go........

When a Stranger Calls........

I am sitting at the dining room table icing my foot, yes the foot is hurting after all of that walking today, but not like before. This was more of a precautionary thing to do so the pain didn’t get to where it was before.

I am sitting at the table also because I am charging my phone. By 2pm it went dead! So not typical of my phone when at home. Something is draining my battery. While in the parks I could literally see the battery life bar dropping and I kept turning it off to preserve its life. Must be those park aps I down loaded, maybe if I check to see what else is running in the background maybe I can get rid of those and still keep the park aps and prolong the battery tomorrow. Hmmmm, such a dilemma.

Where was I going with this???

Oh, Nebo’s voicemail!

Below is the voicemail translated and what Nebo says is in bold and the rest is what I remembered (or made up) going through my head and my reactions to listening to this.

I press play:

“Monica Monica this is Nebo. I uh, I’m just killing time actually. (laughing)(inaudible) looking for someone to talk to

Let’s pause this right here.

He is on his Disney vacation with his family including grandson and he is looking for someone to talk to??

Why? What time did he call me? 3? Oh about an hour after my phone died, snap!

Maybe………. I figured, his back, he can’t ride something Jackson wanted to ride on and the rest of the family must be standing in the line and he is bored and who else in world would he want to talk to, but little ol’me!

I blush, smile, and bat my eyes!

I thought all this real quick to myself.

“I'm laying in my hotel bedroom right now…..”

Oh, is this one of those phone calls? I wasn't expecting this, I've only known him for 6 years through a message board and we haven't officially met yet. What time did he call?

“….on my bed.”

Really? This is awkward, and I’m blushing for different reasons and I see Tim looking at me funny. Maybe meeting up isn't such a good idea afterall. So that’s how they roll in Illinois.

“and …..and uh I feel like…."

Don't say it, please don't say it.......

".......actually the EMT’s released me cause I wouldn’t sign the forms that would let them send me to the hospital….”

Phew, I mean WHAT!? At this point I am yelling at my family pray for Nebo! He got hurt! Must be bad!

“Ah, anyway I’m still hoping to meet up with you Saturday."

Ok, we are back to this……meet up with me? Where’s Smidgy? Hospital? EMTs? What is going on?

“And uh…….(long pause), ……..ok, (laughs and it stops).

Is this a joke? What just happened? I listened to the message a few more times. I know I’m tired from our first day, maybe I missed something, maybe he has had one too many fuzzy cups.

Now I am feeling like you all are. What HAPPENED!?

Who leaves a message like that?

Nebo does, I know.

But I am really genuinely concerned for him and his family and knowing Steve and his train wreck record what could have possibly happened to him?

Was that him on the stretcher I saw today? Did I force myself to believe I saw hair? Did he bring a wig to wear in case he got hurt so he wouldn’t be recognized?

Oh my!

Wait! There is a second message on my phone from Nebo!

“Yea it’s me again I’m sorry I didn’t mean to uh have that cut off so short I didn’t realize those things didn’t go very long…”

Get to the point!

“….. uh yea I gave myself a (beeeeppppp)(inaudible) long story, uh, I guess I will get to talk to you when I see you, and uh…………boy if you got some painkillers, (laughs and it ends) ”

Now the beep was as ad-in on my part.

Sorry

I can’t go stealing Nebo’s thunder now can I?

Well I could but I won’t, I like him way to much!!!!

I have something of my own that is every vacationer’s nightmare, actually I’d hate for this to happen at home to anyone! It definitely changed the mood of the whole trip and I am no longer as trusting as I once was.

That will be in the next update!:goodvibes

I am sitting at the dining room table icing my foot, yes the foot is hurting after all of that walking today, but not like before. This was more of a precautionary thing to do so the pain didn’t get to where it was before.

I am sitting at the table also because I am charging my phone. By 2pm it went dead! So not typical of my phone when at home. Something is draining my battery. While in the parks I could literally see the battery life bar dropping and I kept turning it off to preserve its life. Must be those park aps I down loaded, maybe if I check to see what else is running in the background maybe I can get rid of those and still keep the park aps and prolong the battery tomorrow. Hmmmm, such a dilemma.

Where was I going with this???

Oh, Nebo’s voicemail!

Below is the voicemail translated and what Nebo says is in bold and the rest is what I remembered (or made up) going through my head and my reactions to listening to this.

I press play:

“Monica Monica this is Nebo. I uh, I’m just killing time actually. (laughing)(inaudible) looking for someone to talk to

Let’s pause this right here.

He is on his Disney vacation with his family including grandson and he is looking for someone to talk to??

Why? What time did he call me? 3? Oh about an hour after my phone died, snap!

Maybe………. I figured, his back, he can’t ride something Jackson wanted to ride on and the rest of the family must be standing in the line and he is bored and who else in world would he want to talk to, but little ol’me!

I thought all this real quick to myself.

Oh, is this one of those phone calls? I wasn't expecting this, I've only known him for 6 years through a message board and we haven't officially met yet. What time did he call?

“….on my bed.”

Really? This is awkward, and I’m blushing for different reasons and I see Tim looking at me funny. Maybe meeting up isn't such a good idea afterall. So that’s how they roll in Illinois.

“and …..and uh I feel like…."

Don't say it, please don't say it.......

".......actually the EMT’s released me cause I wouldn’t sign the forms that would let them send me to the hospital….”

Phew, I mean WHAT!? At this point I am yelling at my family pray for Nebo! He got hurt! Must be bad!

“Ah, anyway I’m still hoping to meet up with you Saturday."

Ok, we are back to this……meet up with me? Where’s Smidgy? Hospital? EMTs? What is going on?

“And uh…….(long pause), ……..ok, (laughs and it stops).

Is this a joke? What just happened? I listened to the message a few more times. I know I’m tired from our first day, maybe I missed something, maybe he has had one too many fuzzy cups.

Now I am feeling like you all are. What HAPPENED!?

Who leaves a message like that?

Nebo does, I know.

But I am really genuinely concerned for him and his family and knowing Steve and his train wreck record what could have possibly happened to him?

Was that him on the stretcher I saw today? Did I force myself to believe I saw hair? Did he bring a wig to wear in case he got hurt so he wouldn’t be recognized?

Oh my!

Wait! There is a second message on my phone from Nebo!

“Yea it’s me again I’m sorry I didn’t mean to uh have that cut off so short I didn’t realize those things didn’t go very long…”

Get to the point!

“….. uh yea I gave myself a (beeeeppppp)(inaudible) long story, uh, I guess I will get to talk to you when I see you, and uh…………boy if you got some painkillers, (laughs and it ends) ”

Now the beep was as ad-in on my part.

Sorry

I can’t go stealing Nebo’s thunder now can I?

Well I could but I won’t, I like him way to much!!!!

I have something of my own that is every vacationer’s nightmare, actually I’d hate for this to happen at home to anyone! It definitely changed the mood of the whole trip and I am no longer as trusting as I once was.

That will be in the next update!:goodvibes

Real funny PAL. No, I mean it, really funny. Well done, but I like my trip reports medium.

Again, I am sorry how that came out. I felt stupid calling and trying to explain it, and you are 100 percent right, I took too dang long.
You see, the first time I ran out of voice mail time, you never know how much time you have leaving a message which is why I hate those things.

So When I got cut off, I tried to call right back and finish it, but this time now my phone went dead, just like yours kept doing. So now there's nothing I can do about it.

Here's a question for you, did that call happen monday or tuesday?

And also, now that you had to go an explain and straighten out your first ill thoughts, does this mean I can't be a pervert anymore? I like role playing sometimes, change can be fun!

Again, great job on the phone call, fun, wasn't it?

:rotfl2::rotfl:

my favorite part was when you said "GET TO THE POINT!" ok, I cap it when I say it to him. eye rolling doesn't help. and I'm not allowed to do the "wave forward motion" with the hand anymore... he gets a mite peeved at that:confused3.

:rotfl2::rotfl:

my favorite part was when you said "GET TO THE POINT!" ok, I cap it when I say it to him. eye rolling doesn't help. and I'm not allowed to do the "wave forward motion" with the hand anymore... he gets a mite peeved at that:confused3.

But I sure can!

Sorry guys this is my first week of school as a student teacher and this is a very crazy adjustment for me.

Hope that's going good for you! :goodvibes

Please be patient and I will be around tomorrow with that voicemail update

No, me Doctor, she nurse, you patient.

Sorry, couldn't resist the Monty Python line.

Read my other TRs, I'm a secret agent with special training. I am a very good observer and people watcher and I can figure you out pretty quickly.

Ya know.... you scare me a little...

R.A.H.

Lets see if anyone can figure that out. I'm thinking Nebo might. I'm pretty sure he mentioned reading the book. (No, R.A.H. is not a book)

Aw. poor Monica.

I am sitting at the table also because I am charging my phone. By 2pm it went dead! So not typical of my phone when at home. Something is draining my battery.

You want to know what's draining your battery? It's Nebo's beast! If it hadn't been so darned important for him to reach you, it never would've gone dead in the first place.

Trust me on this one.

You had to translate? So this conversation (one sided mind you) was in German?

I press play:

I press pause...
I finger fast-forward...
I repeat rewind...
Sorry, I stop.

Must be some sort of mental deficiency.

That's my best guess.

:rolleyes1:

Interesting that you thought that. I too thought "his back", but I thought more along the lines of laid up in bed with the bad back.

Where's somebody with a camcorder when you need one???

“….on my bed.”

See? I thought he was in bed with a bad back... while you go diving willy nilly, pell mell into the gutter.

Bad Monica! Bad girl!

Wait.... I think I like you more, knowing this. :lmao:

:lmao: I like that "Phew, I mean WHAT!?" part.

Okay, I'll give you that one. Too many fuzzy cups is a real possibility.

Get to the point!

:lmao: Were you gripping the phone with all your might, too?

Hmmmm.... I have a sneaking suspicion what this might be. But way to build up the ol' cliffhanger, Monica! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

And also, now that you had to go an explain and straighten out your first ill thoughts, does this mean I can't be a pervert anymore? I like role playing sometimes, change can be fun!

Hello? Didn't know you swung that way, Nebo.

:lmao: I can see you doing it, just because of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter