Hotel advice (pools)

What about POR/POFQ pools don't you like?

They just don't seem to have as much theming as CSR or CBR. Nothing wrong with the pools, just not the same atmosphere as other resorts. We never actually used the pool at POFQ as the kids didn't want to go there but it seems to appeal more to younger kids. They weren't impressed with the slide at POR. The slide at CSR is longer (I think it's the longest of the mods) and my kids liked that better. So it's not that we don't like them, we just prefer the theme/atmosphere elsewhere.

Okay, I think you are in a bit of a pickle. CBR is under construction and as much as I liked it, I would not choose to stay there unless you are not bothered by any inconvenience.

CSR is under construction as well, however I have no idea how that will impact guests.

I understand the importance of proximity to family, but there is no way I would pay deluxe prices and not use the facilities and amenities. You all are going from a wonderful resort with a bangin pool that you are not going to use, and then downgrade to a resort with a pool you will use and amenities you would enjoy, but 1/2 the moderates to choose from you do not like. The other half will be compromised on some manner. I would just tell the fam that we can meet them at their resort, at a restaurant, in the parks, whatever. But we will not be sleeping under the same roof.

I like the mods.... I love the dolphin and swan pools even better for kids.

We have recently stayed at POR & used both that pool and POFQ pool. My DD & DD really enjoyed both; they say POR has a longer, winding slide. POFQ slide is neat; kids come out of a serpent's mouth (I like the theming there). Both have hot tubs; POFQ has a newer splash area that my DS loved. (It's on the same idea as GF's pad but with different theming.)
I like POFQ better overall because it is smaller & easier to navigate (one bus stop) which could be enjoyable for you & DD

Of all the moderates my kids love the pools at POR/POFR best. The like the sea serpent slide best, but they also like the old swimming hole theme of POR, and what they REALLY love is that they can go back and forth between both! My son also likes POR playground the best of all the resort playgrounds. It's shady and has hammocks, and is near the fishing hole so he can watch people fish.

I think the pyramid slide at CSR is cool, but the kids prefer POR/POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter