• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotwire $70 MCO hotel-is it Hyatt?

dkis4nu

Mouseketeer
I am trying to get a good rate at the MCO Hyatt for Sept 27. Hotwire comes up with a $70 3-star hotel with no shuttle icon. For all of you Hotwire afficionados(or is it afficionadoes?) out there - do you think this is the Hyatt? Or is it Crowne Plaza? I've been trying to get something cheaper than the $124 AAA rate on the Hyatt website, and this would be great.

Thanks for your help.
dk

someone posted awhile ago that they had gotten the Hyatt for $54 a night, and to look at the icon's that the Hyatt didn't have a shuttle icon. Then someone else posted on another thread that another Hotel (Crowne?) leaves out the shuttle icon on purpose to make it look like it's the Hyatt you're bidding on. Still a great hotel, not sure how far it is from the airport, a couple of miles maybe. If they DO have a shuttle, it shouldn't take that long to get back if you're taking the DCL bus in the morning.

Barb & Tony use Priceline and they usually get the Marriott for something like $28-$30.... they have a car service pick them up at the hotel in the morning and take them to the Port.

Another tip I've learned is to look at the star rating... 3 or better... 2 can be a little less desirable.. Now that I've posted that, I'm sure someone will correct me, and hopefully not flame me!

Good Luck!

Jeanny, you are correct about the Marriott, and often we get it even cheaper, like $25! That's where I always start my bids. They have a shuttle, but we only use it to get there and then have Happy Limo take us to Port Canaveral. But it would be simple to take the shuttle back to MCO in the morning. We always see it making its runs when we come down to meet our towncar.
But be VERY CAREFUL about start levels. We always stick with the top star level on Priceline. We used to go one level lower and usually ended up with great hotels, but we got a hideous LaQuinta twice. There are two LaQuintas in the area...the one with suites is fine, but the other one is a terrible place. A couple of examples: the towels in our "non-smoking" room that smelled like they had been bathed in cigarette smoke (the room also had a connecting door to a smoking room), the 20 minute wait to find a clerk to check out (her explanation was that she brings her kids to work and was putting them down for a nap), and the absence of the advertised free breakfast because workers were carrying all the food out to their cars! Now we just stick with the highest star level so we'll never end up there.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I took the no shuttle hotel and got the Hyatt. Mine was $69. Hope that helps.

I booked Amerisuites at the airport for $43.00 a night. This is an all suite hotel and has a breakfast included. It is listed as a 2 1/2 star, but I am hoping it is as nice as the Amerisuites near me ( Chicago suburbs) . I booked on hotwire also, since I needed a suite. I actualy booked 2 rooms so we can all spread out.

If you look on www.biddingfortravel.com you may be able to find out which hotel it is. They have lists of hotels and what star level they are and the area. This was very helpful to me in deciding which one to go for, as well as the price I should pay. This is a very helpful site.

I used the info on here (disboards) to (try to) figure out what was the Hyatt on Hotwire. I think there were 5 symbols for a 3.5 star rated hotel. No shuttle, but "tennis nearby" (ooh aah).

The quote was $60/nt and I was booking 3 rooms. Thankfully it was the Hyatt, though I still would have been happy with another hotel.

Now I have to book flights, none of which are cheap to/from MCO for a Friday departure (from Washington). I'm going to cash in companion certificates and maybe use some miles. Wish me luck.

Then I have to book a shuttle. This will be the first time we're not driving ourselves to the port. Decisions, decisions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter