Housekeeping Question

goofydad99

It's goofydad's wife
:confused3

No it isn't another question about when I will have someone in to empty my trash. ;)

We stayed at BCV. We had a wonderful time and it is of course my new favorite resort. Anyway, on our departure day we experienced an annoying housekeeper. It was 8 in the morning and she was parked right outside our room waiting for us to leave. I know they have a lot more work to do since the villas are larger but is this normal practice? We were going to be out of the room no problem before 9 but it is rather hard to empty out your belongings when there is a large cart in the middle of the hallway and a person staring at you as you go in and out???

Honestly that was our only complaint the entire trip. I even washed our towels ourselves. **gasp**

Goofydad's wife
*he won't ever post but I will gladly share with him everything I learn!:wave2:

You know I think our trip last month , it was the first time that we experienced the same treatment. Knocked on our door twice and I had same answer both times , We will be out of the room by 10 ( check out being 11 )

This was first time we had someone * waiting * for us to leave . We were at BWV and hopefully won't have this type of thing happen to often .

Whew! I am glad it isn't just us. I was rather annoyed by it but I get testy on checkout day because we are leaving and it is always a grumpy day.

We had it at BCV as well. I just told her it wouldn't be until 11:00 as we were hitting a park as DW got everything together.We were out by 10:30 and the cart was just sitting there 1sy time all week we had a cart at our section like that .

Then on one of our T&T days they showed up at 8:00 when DW was in the shower. I was at a EMH and DD was with me. DW asked then to just come back in a few hours. At 4:00pm they still didn't come back so I called to inquire .They stated they were refused and thats why it wasn't done I explained and a few minutes later they came up with fresh towles and did the trash.

All no big deal they are just tring to get finished up as soon as they can.

Maybe these are the same housekeepers that are trying to get rooms ready so that people can check in before 4PM. We are usually in the room until just before 11 so are guilty of keeping that room that might otherwise be "room ready" at 11 if we had left at 8 instead. It is too bad they don't ask what time you plan to leave when you check in (based on flight plans etc) so that those vilas with early check outs can be done first and the housekeepers don't have to be calling or knocking on doors. Maybe they could coordinate with ME info. If we do leave early I call and leave a message with housekeepikng that we are leaving or tell the person who may be standing around somewhere in the area. This is why I am never upset if we don't get into the room until later in the day because I am responsible for the mousekeeepers not getting my room to clean unntil 11. We did have a day when they did not complete T&T day- they had the basket outside the room when we left in the morning but since my DGD was still asleep I had put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. She didn't notice and did not take it off so we never got the new towels etc but since we were leaving the next day it was no big deal. At OKW Christmas week when the person knocked on the door for T&T day I told her we wouldn't be leaving the room for awhile. She handed me the towels and asked me to sign her paper- I guess that is to prove that she tried to do it and was not allowed in the room as they never came back and removed the trash. Again we usually take it down daily to the trash room so really didn't care. We actually ended up with extra towels as she didn't ask for the ones we already had.

I've noticed this at most of the resorts, but the BCV was the worse. I told them we had a flight at whatever time, and we'd be out of the room at 9:45. My son was still sleeping. We received constant phone call/hang ups and a few knocks on the door.

I will be sure to tell them at check in what time I
plan on leaving.....
Hopefully that will help...

A PP pointed out....Disney should ask what time do you "expect"
to checkout of the room....
Most people....will know.
Kerri

Last August mousekeeping was waiting for us to leave on check out day also. I can understand the desire to get in the rooms as soon as possible to get them cleaned but they made DH feel very uncomfortable like we needed to rush out and this was at 8:30 AM. I kept telling DH we do not need to rush as we do not need to be out of the room until 11 AM. Still DH hates to feel he is inconveniencing anyone so it became a very stressful situtation as he got on the kids to hurry up, etc. Very stressful 15 minutes until we got out of there! (Can you tell we are two total different personalities? I will be considerate of other's needs but I won't stress over it when I am not doing anything wrong and paid for a service! Probably why DH has his special spot reserved for him in Heaven and I don't!:rotfl: ) Anyway, I never thought to mention this on our return last August and find it interesting that others have the same experience. It would have been better if mousekeeping would have simply come back when we told them at 9 AM instead of hovering around our entrance. But now that that I think of it, I wonder if they understood us. It has been my experiencing that the majority of mousekeepers at the resorts/villas did not fully understand English. If they speak Spanish, I will have my son translate next time. I truly do apprecciate the job they do. It is not a job I would like and I can't imagine some of the stories they could tell.

We had this happen on our first trip home to SSR in June....On our check-out day mousekeeping knock on our door at 8:15.....stated we would out by 9:30......she dropped the basket with sheets and towel by door and went on to the next door.......I thought for a moment that was odd, but didn't think that much about it...............we are usually out of the room by 4:00am on check-out day to start the long drive back to Virginia......after driving home this past time leaving later in morning...now I know why I get on road coming home at 4:00am....:confused3

If they speak Spanish, I will have my son translate next time. I truly do apprecciate the job they do. It is not a job I would like and I can't imagine some of the stories they could tell.

i work for a hyatt owned hotel and all of our housekeepers are spanish speaking. They don't understand much english, and generally speaking, i would imagine most hotels are the same way. Not all of course, but a lot of them are.

And yes, i have done my fair share of helping clean rooms if we needed them done quicker and housekeepers could tell some crazy stories. You find some , er, different items in rooms haha. Lot's of unsanitary and gross items too.

Mousekeeping, i've never had a problem with. But I can totally see where other people would. Theres gotta be a way where one can call the front desk and leave a message to give to housekeeping NOT to bug you until a certain time. As long as you are out by checout time, they can't really do anything because you are paying for that time!!! If they keep bugging you i would complain because that's just simply not cool.

I was reading this thread thinking about how this never happens to us but then I remembered that we always have an early flight out so we're out of the room before dawn. I would also be unhappy if I felt they were trying to hurry me up to get me out of the villa. On the other hand, I like hearing that they are eager to start cleaning, too. I'd also be unhappy if I heard that the villas were empty but Mousekeeping was taking their time to get to them so that members had to wait until evening to get their rooms.

When we have stayed at VB, each time there has been a card in the room to please call housekeeping as you are checking out of your villa. I found that nice. It gives them heads up on rooms ready and they don't bother me. I have not had mousekeeping start early on any of my trips to WDW. :)

Anyone try putting the Do Not Disturb out the night before checkout. I wonder if this would solve the problem?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter