• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Housekeeping question

jfoofj

DIS Veteran
So I am in the homestretch of our vacation planning countdown. Starting to figure out how much money we need to bring with us for our stay. I remember when we have stayed at Disney we made "mouse keeping" envelopes to leave for the housekeepers and sometimes we came back to towel animals or the kids stuffed animals posed cutely. I haven't heard about anything like this happening at Universal- not a big deal at all- but I was wondering what people leave for the housekeepers. Do you tip daily or at the end of your stay?

TIA

If the room is really clean, I leave $5/day. It may be a bit on the high side but life has been good to us.

I leave it daily since the housekeeper may change during my stay.

I tip daily if the service is good. Most of our stays that I recall, we've had the same housekeeper throughout our stay. I know we've had a couple not-so-great housekeepers that wouldn't refill things like coffee and supplies, nor change out our ice bucket and leave fresh bags, take out the trash or leave adequate toilet paper. If I've got to go physically hunt those things down after a day at the parks, I don't leave anything extra the following morning.

95 percent of our stays, however, housekeeping has been stellar. We don't make special envelopes or anything. Just a few bucks in a conspicuous place with a note requesting anything special (extra sugar packets, spare roll of TP, etc).

Its a hotel. You tip housekeeping (or not) the same way you would in any other hotel, including a Disney one.

Sorry for being a bit snarky, but the whole idea of mousekeeping envelopes in order to tip housekeeping in one of those Disboard things that I think is nuts.

So I am in the homestretch of our vacation planning countdown. Starting to figure out how much money we need to bring with us for our stay. I remember when we have stayed at Disney we made "mouse keeping" envelopes to leave for the housekeepers and sometimes we came back to towel animals or the kids stuffed animals posed cutely. I haven't heard about anything like this happening at Universal- not a big deal at all- but I was wondering what people leave for the housekeepers. Do you tip daily or at the end of your stay?

TIA

We always leave $5-6 every day, and at the end give her a final tip.........we usually know her quite well by then. There are 3 of us in the room.

We do leave it in a plain envelope clearly marked it is for her so she knows to take it, if you just leave money without a note they shouldn't touch it as they wouldn't know it was for them :thumbsup2

we tip daily at Universal.As for towel animals at Universal , I have never heard of them doing them, but we did come back to our daughters stuffed animals arranged in cute poses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter