How about MAY 2011

So disappointed. 21 Days until Beach Club but I called today and the CM said that our Mickey Mail was returned to sender because they didn't read the note on my file (that I'm in an apartment and need to have my apartment number clearly marked) and that I won't be receiving anything in the mail. They said it's now too late to resend it.

She promised that the vouchers etc. will be at the desk when we check in, but I'm not really satisfied with that thought and want to call again in the morning and see if they'll express it to me.

We (my daughter and I) will arrive May 29th so are within our 45 days now. The countdown has begun. We almost canceled the trip because my husband had a massive stroke on the 14th of March and passed on the 18th of March, but so many people have told me I should go ahead and go. After a day like today and last Friday at work, I am now wishing my trip was even closer, I do need to get away from all the stress here. I hope I am doing the right thing by taking this trip, still a part of me feels perhaps I should have canceled, but a bigger part feels my husband would NOT want me to cancel, he would have been the first person telling me "of course you should go". No matter, I have paid the final payment and still making the plans.

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to hear about your husband, Dismom55! :hug: That is terrible. I hope you have a wonderful trip! You definitely need it and I think your husband would be disappointed if you canceled the trip. He will always be with you and I'm sure he will be with you in spirit at WDW. :goodvibes

My trip is in 3 weeks from today and my birthday is 2 weeks from today! :)

Sorry for your loss Dismom55, may you find peace at Disney. :hug:

We (my daughter and I) will arrive May 29th so are within our 45 days now. The countdown has begun. We almost canceled the trip because my husband had a massive stroke on the 14th of March and passed on the 18th of March, but so many people have told me I should go ahead and go. After a day like today and last Friday at work, I am now wishing my trip was even closer, I do need to get away from all the stress here. I hope I am doing the right thing by taking this trip, still a part of me feels perhaps I should have canceled, but a bigger part feels my husband would NOT want me to cancel, he would have been the first person telling me "of course you should go". No matter, I have paid the final payment and still making the plans.

Oh my goodness,I had no idea,I am so sorry!:hug:.I hope you guys are hanging in there.The trip will be a good thing to help you and your daughter think of happier times.I know it may be hard,but I am sure being in Disney for her birthday will bring her some much needed happiness right now.Hope to see you guys in a few more weeks.Take care of yourself!

:hug:I'm so sorry for your loss!:hug:

Diamond55, I am so sorry for your loss. Yes you are doing the right thing by going on with the trip. I lost my son in December, he was only 34. We already had this trip planned to take his 2 kids ages 11 & 14, and it was suppose to be a surprise christmas gift to the kids. However my son passed away unexpectly December 20th, so as you see Christmas was a little less exciting this year, and the kids were not really excited :( I did not cancel the trip, now the kids are anxiously waiting to go and helping me plan it. It has created a wonderful distraction from what we have all lost.
But we haven't forgotten him.

You and your daughter go and have fun, and remember your husband is there with you both in your hearts!!!

Thanks everyone, I have a dear friend that told me I have to give myself permission to have fun and live life again, so that was the last bit that made me go ahead with the plans. I certainly am not getting the fun out of the planning and anticipation as each day gets me closer to Disney, hoping that will come as the days get closer. I know my husband would NOT want me to cancel and he would want me to enjoy not only the trip but the planning because he knows how much fun I usually get out of it all, I think deep down I know I am doing the right thing.

Thanks everyone, I have a dear friend that told me I have to give myself permission to have fun and live life again, so that was the last bit that made me go ahead with the plans. I certainly am not getting the fun out of the planning and anticipation as each day gets me closer to Disney, hoping that will come as the days get closer. I know my husband would NOT want me to cancel and he would want me to enjoy not only the trip but the planning because he knows how much fun I usually get out of it all, I think deep down I know I am doing the right thing.

:hug:

I know this isn't the same at all but 12/11/09 my brother was hit and killed by a car. I had lost my Dad when I was 6 on 12/12 so my brother was the one who gave me away at my wedding, he was the Godfather to my 3 children and I named my son after him. I had a trip planned for my youngest child's 7th birthday on 1/21/10. I had already taken her 2 older siblings for their 7th birthdays. Both she and my son had had pneumonia in December and I had been diagonosed with whooping cough about 2 weeks before the trip. I really didn't think I could do it but I knew I had to go. I have to say it turned out to be just what I needed. I don't how I would have made it through the next few months if I hadn't had that break.

I'm sure this trip will be difficult for you but I think you'll enjoy it more once you get there.:hug:

How old is your DD?

I am lucky, our daughter is 22 yrs old, so she is great source of comfort, our son is 18 yrs old, this has always been planned as a Mother/daughter trip, with hubby and son staying home doing guy stuff together, fishing, dad playing softball, son keep score etc. I am still up in the air about exactly what to do about our son. He does not want to stay with his grandmother, and he will be 19 in a few months. He would not be alone as we have a young lady that we took in over 2 yrs ago, a friend/co-worker of our daughter, she is 24 yrs old, she still lives with us and is not due to move out until June or July, she is arranging her work schedule to be here when he is here, so I do not have to worry about teen parties. But all the same...

I do appreciate everything everyone has offered, I know each of you have good points and very valid points. I know once I get away from here and get down to Disney all my worries will be out the window, at least for the time I am there and that will be the break I need, I will come back refreshed and able to make tackle all that lays before me. I know my daughter and I will bond over new memories and recall some great moments when dad was with us, maybe even cry a little, which will look a bit odd to others around us, but I am sure they will be happy tears, as I am easy to bring to happy tears. I am sure there will be moments we will look at one another and just know "dad" would have loved this or that. It happened like that on our first trip after my dad passed, tho it was much later after he passed and the pain not so fresh. I do wish we could go thru life and not suffer the pain, but since we can not, I think we will cherish the good times all the more.

Thank you to all those friends I have never met to care enough to comfort.

5 days til we are immersed in the magic of Disney!
Started this thread at least a year and a half ago...my how time flys!:woohoo: So excited! Just hope time slows down when we get there!

I thought May would never come....only 4 more days until we are at our Happiest Place on Earth....WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter