How about MAY 2011

i'm from the uk we have different deals. it came up for a few random weeks other than the normal september/october so i booked it quick incase it went.

I see now.....Thanks for clearing that up, Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something:thumbsup2 Have a great trip! I'm sure we'll all be posting more as we get closer!!!!!:yay:

We are going in later May hoping to go to a Star Wars weekend but this is a surprise trip for my boys not going to tell them until we pick them up from the last day of School May 19 and we will be on our way!!!!:cool1:

Surprise trips are great!!! We surprised DD our 2007 trip! It was great, she didn't know until we got to Orlando and saw the Mickey sign....Have a Blast!!!!:banana:

I see now.....Thanks for clearing that up, Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something:thumbsup2 Have a great trip! I'm sure we'll all be posting more as we get closer!!!!!:yay:

lol nope and i'm sure yours will work out cheaper too. flights are sooo expensive and pound in not great against dollar right now but hey its disney its worth it

Count me in for the middle of May. I promised my son If he worked hard at school we would stay at the Boardwalk for 10 days. Knowing my son he will live up to his end of the bargain. So let the savings and penny pinching begin. Hoping for a discount.

We are going in May!! We have May 2-9 booked at the POP!! This is our first ever trip to WDW! Our anniversary and my youngest dd's birthday are both in May! :cool1::cool1:

We really cannot wait!

Thanks
Terri

We are also going the end of May/beginning of June, and if anyone is interested, I'm starting a Disney Y.E.S. Youth Group for anyone who will be visiting WDW on June 3. If you have kids in grades K-2 (or 1-5, depending on which course we decide to take) who like to learn while having fun AND you want to save money on your Disney themepark tickets, sign up!

We need a minimum of 10 students to qualify and attend a class. Also, there can only be one chaperone for every five students during the class, so keep that in mind. If you feel you really NEED to be there with your child/children as a chaperone during the class, please state this in a post so we can take it into consideration when deciding who will be chaperoning. (For example if you have a child with special needs or a child who is very shy, you may feel more comfortable to be with them during the class.)

To read up on the Disney Y.E.S. program and learn more, click here: http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go.c...amsListingPage

Our two course possibilities (more info on the program website):

How Things Move: Kindergarten — 2nd Grade
Discover the principles of how things move. This program helps young learners understand how the physical sciences help power favorite Theme Park attractions.

Synergy in Science: 1st — 5th Grade
Take an in-depth exploration of the interaction between creativity and technology. By investigating technologies at work in Epcot® attractions, students discover the "magic" behind entertainment technology and its application to daily life.

Tickets

You can purchase VERY DISCOUNTED themepark tickets when taking part in a Disney Y.E.S. program. For every one paying student taking part in a class, one adult may also purchase a discounted Disney Y.E.S themepark ticket at the student price. I believe the ticket prices for the Y.E.S. programs are going up in September, so it would be great to have a class confirmed and our tickets purchased by then. The ticket choices are 1 park per day, park hoppers, or premium which includes park hopping/water parks/and Disney Quest

Ticket prices

3 Day 1 Park YES Ticket = $126.38
3 Day Park Hopper YES Ticket = $142.36
3 Day Premium YES Ticket = $158.34

4 Day 1 Park YES Ticket = $135.16
4 Day Park Hopper YES Ticket = $151.13
4 Day Premium YES Ticket = $167.11

5 Day 1 Park YES Ticket = $141.73
5 Day Park Hopper YES Ticket = $157.70
5 Day Premium YES Ticket = $173.68

6 Day 1 Park YES Ticket = $150.55
6 Day Park Hopper YES Ticket = $166.52
6 Day Premium YES Ticket = $182.51

7 Day 1 Park YES Ticket = $157.15
7 Day Park Hopper YES Ticket = $173.12
7 Day Premium YES Ticket = $189.11

8 Day 1 Park per day = $163.77
8 Day Park Hopper = $179.75
8 Day Premium = $195.73

Currently we have my DDs who will be in 1st and 2nd grade, along with another DISboarder with kids in K, 1st, and 2nd. We need 5 more to make a class! If this sounds like something you and your kids would be interested in, and you'll be at WDW on June 3, feel free to either post here or PM me!

As homeschoolers, we would have LOVED to be a part of this, but we are going the first week in May. I hope you get the people you need!! Thank you for offering.

Terri

We're going back in May too. Was there May 09. We had a great week, the rains started 2 days before we left, so we got lucky. I hope for that NEVER again! But our weather was awesome. Our hottest day was 95. But the rest of the week was low 90s. Perfect for us.

But May was great and touring plans.com has very low crowd levels for the first 2 weeks of may. Even the 3rd wk was pretty low. A little heavier towards memorial day and star wars wkend but not too bad.

We are either going to go the first or second week of may. Still trying to decide. I would like to be there on mother's day.

It's nice to see all of these 9 month out tickers. As soon as we decide on a week ,i'll have mine up.

Once school starts again and the holidays come up, the winter will go by so fast!:dance3:

We're planning for May 2011 too - it will be DD's first trip to the World! I haven't booked yet, but have pretty much decided on May 7-14 at POP. I'm trying to get my parents & MIL to commit to our dates as they all want to join us, but I'm not getting any straight answers. If they haven't committed by the time the 2011 rates are released I'm just going to book our 3 rooms for those dates & they can either get on board or don't come! Hahaha.

We are going May 15th through the 22nd..we have Shades of Green booked...it is a family vacation for 10.

Curious how you pick your dates in May? We are going for 5 nights but have a stretch of 2.5 weeks over which we can do this.........at this stage, any pointers on how to pick the dates?

Thanks!

DW and I are taking my MIL and FIL on May 1st-10th for the flower and garden festival. MIL is a huge flower fan and since we just lost my SIL at age 45 to an aneurysm and her birthday was May 6th we thought having them out of the house and doing something fun on the first birthday since she died would do them a world of good.

Curious how you pick your dates in May? We are going for 5 nights but have a stretch of 2.5 weeks over which we can do this.........at this stage, any pointers on how to pick the dates?

Thanks!

it seems to get busier the further through may you get so we booked beginning

Yes, the beginning looks like there will be pretty low crowd levels. There's no right way to pick your dates. I know last year we went tuesday-tuesday because airfare was cheaper on tuesday? If you're not going a full week, pick weekdays, it's cheaper than fri and sat nights.

Another 2 adult DISers going to WDW in May 2011. We have our hotel booked from the 17th until the 25th. It will be our first time, too... we scheduled our vacation to coincide with our 7th anniversary together and to be able to see the new Star Tours thingymabobber. My fiancee/boyfriend (I still think I'm too old to use the term "boyfriend", but can't think of a better term) is a HUGE Star Wars geek...er...fan, and he is so looking forward to it.

I'm hoping that there's a hard ticket event for the opening so I can surprise him with tickets!

Another 2 adult DISers going to WDW in May 2011. We have our hotel booked from the 17th until the 25th. It will be our first time, too... we scheduled our vacation to coincide with our 7th anniversary together and to be able to see the new Star Tours thingymabobber. My fiancee/boyfriend (I still think I'm too old to use the term "boyfriend", but can't think of a better term) is a HUGE Star Wars geek...er...fan, and he is so looking forward to it.

I'm hoping that there's a hard ticket event for the opening so I can surprise him with tickets!

the star wars weekends are around then but not sure exactly when. have a look as it may interest him

I only just found this thread, we are going to WDW for May 2011. It will be just my 22 yr old daughter and I. We will be there May 1-11, celebrating my 56th birthday while there. We have been planning this trip since for what seems over a year now.

Waiting for the 2011 rates to come out is driving me nuts!:rotfl:

We are hoping to stay at POFQ, this will be our first time staying at a Moderate, always a Value before, so looking forward to just a mother/daughter trip.

I only just found this thread, we are going to WDW for May 2011. It will be just my 22 yr old daughter and I. We will be there May 1-11, celebrating my 56th birthday while there. We have been planning this trip since for what seems over a year now.

Waiting for the 2011 rates to come out is driving me nuts!:rotfl:

We are hoping to stay at POFQ, this will be our first time staying at a Moderate, always a Value before, so looking forward to just a mother/daughter trip.

we will be in POFQ then

Sarah, what are your dates? I just sent off my check for my deposit, so I am one step closer to my magical vacation.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter