How are different member numbers created?

Iampaperroof

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I would like to know what triggers a new member number: different UY or different names on title, resale or a combo of 2 of those?

I am considering purchasing another resale contract and I want to know if I can add it to one of my member numbers. One of my member numbers is titled just to me with 2 direct contacts ( SSR and GFV) Sept UY.
The second member number is a resale contact titled to my son and I for a FEB UY (HH). If I buy another resale contract and title it just to me in a SEP UY, will it combine with my 1st member number?
And if I buy another resale contract and title it to my son and I for FEB UY will it combine with my second member number?
I am trying to avoid a 3rd member number. I appreciate any info

I think you have it right. New member numbers are triggered by any change to the original membership. So an additional/different name or UY will definitely create a new membership. I even think even switching the order of the names of how they are written in the first membership can trigger a new membership. Like if it’s your son’s name first then yours for the HH membership, keep it that way for the next contract. Or if you include your middle initial in one contract but not in another, I think it creates a new membership. Although, I’m not positive about that, but it’s better to be sure, in case!

Just keep all the details precise and consistent with whatever new contract you buy. If the new contract is a Sept UY make sure to match with just your name, written the same way as the first contracts. If the new contract is Feb UY, put you and your son’s name, written in the same order.

Good luck with your new purchase!

Hello,

I would like to know what triggers a new member number: different UY or different names on title, resale or a combo of 2 of those?

I am considering purchasing another resale contract and I want to know if I can add it to one of my member numbers. One of my member numbers is titled just to me with 2 direct contacts ( SSR and GFV) Sept UY.
The second member number is a resale contact titled to my son and I for a FEB UY (HH). If I buy another resale contract and title it just to me in a SEP UY, will it combine with my 1st member number?
And if I buy another resale contract and title it to my son and I for FEB UY will it combine with my second member number?
I am trying to avoid a 3rd member number. I appreciate any info
Your understanding is correct. If it's just to you and in the same use year it will go with your first membership. The Feb UY one if you put both your son and yourself on it it'll be attached to that membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter