How Bad Are the Crowds and Heat in July?

Mr. Mike

Earning My Ears
We've only visited DLR during the slower times of the year like early September - but this year, due to family scheduling issues, we can only visit in July. We're nervous about going at such a busy time of year. How bad is it in July really? What can we expect regarding crowds and heat? Will it be as crazy and uncomfortable as we fear? Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
We've only visited DLR during the slower times of the year like early September (our last visit was in 2017) - but this year, due to family scheduling issues, we can only visit in July. We're nervous about going at such a busy time of year. How bad is it in July really? What can we expect regarding crowds and heat? Will it be as crazy and uncomfortable as we fear? Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

September is often one of the hottest months of the year for us. It’s unlikely you will experience anything warmer than your September visits. It will be crowded but manageable, nothing as crowded as Halloween and the holiday seasons.

We've only visited DLR during the slower times of the year like early September (our last visit was in 2017) - but this year, due to family scheduling issues, we can only visit in July. We're nervous about going at such a busy time of year. How bad is it in July really? What can we expect regarding crowds and heat? Will it be as crazy and uncomfortable as we fear? Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
July can be a great time to visit DLR. The heat isn't really that bad. October is usually warmer, for example. And the parks staff up for summer, so things should run pretty smoothly.

July is the absolute BEST month to visit Disneyland. It is NOT that crowded at all. It's VERY nice. There are so many annual passes blocked out that it's never overly crowded. I promise. We love our July visits (as locals we visit every month).

The heat doesn't typically get bad until August. It may be hot, but maybe not. Expect temps in the mid to upper 80s. Maybe more rainy than normal this year though.

Last edited:
July is the absolute BEDT month to visit Disneyland. It is NOT that crowded at all. It's VERY nice. There are so many annual passes blocked out that it's never overly crowded. I promise. We love our July visits (as locals we visit every month).

The heat doesn't typically get bad until August. It may be hot, but maybe not. Expect temps in the mid to upper 80s. Maybe more rainy than normal this year though.

I feel like we have to say “it might be rainy” whenever someone asks what the weather will be like any time of this year. This is our life now… 😂

I love going in July! Long park hours, very little refurbs, and all the entertainment is going. Some days can get busy, but since everything is up and running there’s a lot of things to suck up the crowds. I feel like when I read reports last year of “miserable” July days, it was due to the frequent ride breakdowns (so not related to crowds or weather).

July can be a mixed bag with weather but it usually doesn't get hotter than mid to high 80s. We have had days in July though with the high in the 60s. Crowds are usually pretty good. Our high crowds season is no longer summer, that's shifted to October over the past 7-8 years.

We've only visited DLR during the slower times of the year like early September - but this year, due to family scheduling issues, we can only visit in July. We're nervous about going at such a busy time of year. How bad is it in July really? What can we expect regarding crowds and heat? Will it be as crazy and uncomfortable as we fear? Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I think September is warmer than July in CA. With that said, have a great time and make sure you enjoy every second.

We probably also have to say "it might be cold."

I have been cold for 4 months.
Seriously, it’s been so cold. Usually by February we’re getting some pretty warm days sprinkled in throughout the week but to not have one single week go by without rain this winter and now spring has been crazy. I think it was last Thursday when it was raining and there was literally no rain in the forecast, I was walking to my detached office in the backyard and yelled, “STOP RAINING” because I was so sick of walking through the rain to go in the house to go to the bathroom. My neighbor must have been in their garage when I yelled that because he yelled back, “I’m so cold. Make it stop!” 😂

So July could be cold, but could also be really hot. It could rain or there could be Santa Ana winds that will make the air so dry your nose will bleed. It could be 48 degrees at 7am, 80 at 1pm, and then 60 at 4pm. Who knows what the future holds weather-wise in SoCal anymore.

But in all seriousness, July will likely be mild and beautiful. The summers after these super rainy seasons always seem to be super mild.

Seriously, it’s been so cold. Usually by February we’re getting some pretty warm days sprinkled in throughout the week but to not have one single week go by without rain this winter and now spring has been crazy. I think it was last Thursday when it was raining and there was literally no rain in the forecast, I was walking to my detached office in the backyard and yelled, “STOP RAINING” because I was so sick of walking through the rain to go in the house to go to the bathroom. My neighbor must have been in their garage when I yelled that because he yelled back, “I’m so cold. Make it stop!” 😂
No kidding! No rain in the forecast ... but it rained on/off all day. That "Tuesday" rain forecast stretched into 4 days, Mon-Thurs. On Thursday it rained every time I left the house to take care of the horses. Every time. And if I pulled back the tarps covering the hay -- it rained harder. Every time. I thought the weather was intentionally playing games with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter