How bad is June, really?

Another teacher here! All of our trips have been in June or July, and each one has been absolutely magical!

Yes, there are crowds.
Yes, it will be hot and humid (103 is the highest we've experienced there).
Yes, there will be thunderstorms.

However, you can have a GREAT trip. As previous posters have said, we go knowing these things and with a good attitude. We drink LOTS of water, use sunblock, wear hats, dress in lightweight clothing, make good use of rope drop and night hours, and take breaks when we want. If you don't want to go all the way back to your resort for a break, there are lots of air-conditioned shows, shops, and attractions that are great in the middle of the afternoon. Disney World is much more enjoyable than most theme parks in the heat!:beach:

We usually avoid the hotter weather like the plague but this year we couldn't resist the 30% off room discount so we booked the Beach Club for June 3-10. We're just hoping it will be a cooler than normal late spring in Florida!::yes:: We also have trips planned for September and November.

We went the last week in July 2012. We tried to alternate. We would do a ride, then go somewhere to cool off (like a Mickey's PhilharMagic), then do a ride then Carousel of Progress (or a gift shop). We found that alternating helped.

We also went when the park opened in the morning. It didn't get crowded until about 11. There was a very short like for Splash Mountain so we did that right away. After lunch it was packed. I like the idea of going back to the resort and sitting by the pool. It wasn't an option for us because we were there on a DCL excursion.

I'm noticing a theme with the responses :) All the southern people think June is bearable and all the northerners are dying :D

As a southerner who deals with 100 degree humid summers already, we always vacationed in Florida in August (frankly, I think July and August are way worse than June in the south). Afternoon thunderstorms are a guarantee, but they help cool you off. It's definitely do-able if you are used to the heat. If you are from the great white north, you will probably feel like you have been fried like bacon on a hot, steamy griddle!

Like another poster said, I can't fathom swimming at a water park in november, even in Florida. Heck, in the CARIBBEAN in the winter I wore a wetsuit--that's how sensitive to cold I am!!!

This will be our third trip to WDW in June (DH is a teacher and this year our oldest son teaches too). We are from Northern CA where it is very, very hot but pretty dry so the humidity does get to us so we always plan a mid-day break. Works for us. As far as crowds go, we always do Disneyland at Christmas break so we have experienced full capacity on more than one occassion but we look at it as hey, this is vacation...no worries allowed. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter