How bad is Labor Day weekend?

karylrocks

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
I was planning our trip for the last week of August (Seaworld/Zoo on Sat-Sun, DL and Universal Mon-Fri), coming back at the beginning of Labor Day weekend, but there may be a conflict that week. I just found out that DS's school may not start until 9/13, and am wondering how bad it would be if we moved our trip back one week which would include Labor Day, or go sometime earlier in the summer (we could leave as early as 6/9). Any opinions would be appreciated.

I've been there twice on Labor Day. One time the parks were EMPTY! Really - they were the least crowded days I've ever been there! The weather was gorgeous - no problems there. The next time on Labor Day (expecting a repeat performance!), we couldn't believe how crowded it was. I have no idea what the average is - but we managed to hit both extremes!

My family and I go Labor Day Weekend every year because it is my DD birthday on the 3rd. We have noticed it has been getting progressively worse. We have been to DL on this weekend the last 4 years and the 1st 3 years it was very light. Last September was a lot busier. We thought this might be attributed to TOT opening. Also if your planning this year it may be busier then ever with the 50th Celebration kicking off on 5-5 this year.

If you have to go do as we do. Get up early, get the earliest dining reservations and get into the park before anyone else. Case in point this weekend we booked 7am ressies at the Plaza Inn and the park doesn't open until 8am. We plan to come early take unobstructed pics in front of the castle and then dine with princess in time for opening we figure we'll finish at around 8am where we'll make a bee line for fantasyland.

good luck whatever you decide

mandamom
Going to Disneyworld May 20 to June 1st - Royal Pacific Resort

I got married on Labor Day weekend and then had our honeymoon at DLR , this was last year. We left for SoCal on labor day monday, and had our first day of DL that night and then the whole week up until that coming Sunday. The weekdays were not bad but it slowly started to get a tad crowded as Thursday rollled by.

Like the poster said before, getting into the parks early will ensure that you at least get all your fave rides in before the crowds come in. The park was open by 8am and closed at midnight every night we were there. We were able to do our faves on Saturday and Friday because we got there at gate opening.

Weather wise, it was hot and a little bit humid (indian summer). Your alternate date of June sounds like a good plan as well because the weather isn't so bad then and not that many schools out yet (though they will be that week). Those schools that get out the first or second week of June, usually have kids starting DL vacations later in the summer. This is hit or miss but June is a great month I think. By Labor day weekend, everyone is trying to cram in their last minute vacations.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter