How bad is Mission Space - orange?

It really seems to vary from person to person. I get very motion sick on Star Tours, but I have no problems with Mission: Space - Orange. I would advise always looking straight ahead, though. The only time I ever felt nauseated on MS was when I made the mistake of looking to the side. As long as I look straight ahead the whole time, I never have any problem.

Hi, Dis community. I need advice. Should I do Mission Space - Orange? I have done the green option with no trouble, and part of me wants to be able to experience orange. I love roller coasters, but spinny-rides aren't a favorite now in my middle age like they were in my youth. I have a friend who said he was nauseated for hours after Mission Space - Orange, and he did not recommend it. My friend is not feint of heart--an ex-Marine captain who's in good shape. I am 50 years old, also in good shape, but not a mountain of a man. Do I dare on our June trip?

The ride operates as a centrifuge, so think of the James Bond movie, MoonRaker, where Bond is in a centrifuge going round and round at a high speed! I rode it in my 50s and it was pretty intense! I felt lousy for a little while after. If any of that helps!

It’s one I’ll do one time per trip with my kids... but if we happen to skip it, I’m definitely not disappointed!

On our last trip to WDW I was so relieved that Mission Space was closed ...... my dh loves that ride and I used to as well. But after a spin on the Tea Cups I realized my spinning days are done. I’m not sure what has happened but I had to sit down after ......... I wonder what’s next??????

When I was younger, I loved the orange side but recently re-rode as an adult and it freaked me out. I didn't get sick or nauseous like all the horror stories, but it felt like the skin was going to rip right off my face and I did not enjoy that sensation. But like others have said, I'd recommend trying it out at the end of the day (and at least 2 hours after eating anything).

I'm prone to motion sickness but I find that during the 'sling shot' sequence if you choose a focal point and breath evenly it 1) takes away the sling shot feeling which 2) takes away the nausea inducing effect. I might be missing some of the ride but I find the ride kinda lame anyway.

On our last trip to WDW I was so relieved that Mission Space was closed ...... my dh loves that ride and I used to as well. But after a spin on the Tea Cups I realized my spinning days are done. I’m not sure what has happened but I had to sit down after ......... I wonder what’s next??????
I can do Mission Space just fine, but you won't catch me within 100 feet of the teacups (or a tilt a whirl, spider, etc.). To me, the spinning on those rides is completely different.

I'm not a fan of Mission Space in general but Orange made me realize how people die on rides. I was not a fan. My kids, however, love it.

It’s not bad. It’s fantastic. Honestly. The green side is a waste of time. Kind of like watching a video in a vibrating chair. It’a a theme park ride. It’s not designed to kill you; that would be bad for business.
You described the old Mission to Mars ride exactly. I think the most interesting part of MTM was the seat vibrated a little :scratchin

I know I will never ride it. I used to be able to tolerate almost any ride whether it spun, went upside down, etc. I used to love EE, but now I can barely tolerate it. The only time I didn't feel dizzy or queasy coming off EE, was on our last trip, where I rode in the very last row with a kid I didn't know :bored:I find that as you get older, something seems to breakdown in the inner ear, making motion sickness more likely than whey you were younger. In the end, it's up to you and your tolerance level. My niece wants to ride it on our upcoming trip, so I'm curious to see how she does :scratchin

I don't do spinning rides, the Carousel is enough to do me in! That said, I still rode Mission Space Orange because I just had to at least once to say I did it. As recommended I kept my face forward focused on the screen. It felt a little weird, but I didn't have any lasting motion sickness.

I'm glad I experienced it, but I'll never do it again.

Bad...so very bad...at least for me :(. I can do most all rides including coasters & tea cups, but MS Orange & The Simpsons over at Universal both get to me in a bad way for some odd reason.

Agree that Green is boring - wish Orange didn't make me feel like crappola for hours afterwards. The "pressurey" thing on my head & chest is what gets me on this one - such an odd & very unpleasant sensation.

Hi, Dis community. I need advice. Should I do Mission Space - Orange? I have done the green option with no trouble, and part of me wants to be able to experience orange. I love roller coasters, but spinny-rides aren't a favorite now in my middle age like they were in my youth. I have a friend who said he was nauseated for hours after Mission Space - Orange, and he did not recommend it. My friend is not feint of heart--an ex-Marine captain who's in good shape. I am 50 years old, also in good shape, but not a mountain of a man. Do I dare on our June trip?
It is a completely different ride than the Green level. . .the Orange level goes to Mars rather than just going around the Earth. Hence, it might be worth it for the different experience if you missed out on that storyline before than made the changes. I will say this that I rode Mission Space when I was rather younger when it first opened and there were not different levels. This was when it rightfully earned the moniker of "The Chucker." I loved my first ride because it was exciting, but every pore in my body opened up because of the adrenaline rush and I was covered in a sheen of sweat. My wife is a MD and she seemed seriously concerned for my health.

Regardless, I have ridden the ride many times since . . . especially when DS (12 y/o) wants to ride it with his old man (47 y/o). But, I will only ride MS before lunch when I do not have food in my stomach.

I can do Mission Space just fine, but you won't catch me within 100 feet of the teacups (or a tilt a whirl, spider, etc.). To me, the spinning on those rides is completely different.
The difference is that MS is on a centrifuge. You're spinning around in order to create the g-forces. The big difference is not being able to see yourself spinning around.

I can do most all rides including coasters & tea cups, but MS Orange & The Simpsons over at Universal both get to me in a bad way
Neither of us felt good after the Simpsons and we love simulator rides. Never had that issue with any simulator ride. Have no problem with MS Orange.

I live orange and have no issues but know people that have. Make sure you face forward the whole time and don't look side to side beyond hitting your bottom (or just ignore the button).

You reallly just have to do it to know how you'll react so I agree with suggestion that first time save it till end of the day.

Neither of us felt good after the Simpsons and we love simulator rides. Never had that issue with any simulator ride. Have no problem with MS Orange.

I am glad I am not the only one that gets sick on the Simpsons ride. I have no problems with any other rides at WDW or US, but the Simpsons ride does something to me. To the point I am ready to bail out towards the end of the ride and taking deep breaths to keep from getting sick.

I don't get sick from rollercoasters, and Star Tours would make me mildly motion sick, I like FoP, but MS Orange was different. I didn't feel 'dizzy', but I felt a sense of impending doom, lol. The seats are really tight and you are held in and that probably added to the panic. I would not consider myself typically claustrophobic, but I was on that ride. I would not do green, either, because of that experience. It was terrible.

When I look at pictures of the ride it seems like there is some room in there but it didn't feel that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter