How do you feel about ADR change?

Do you prefer the ability to make ADRs at 60 days or 180 days?

• 60 Days is plenty

Votes: 132 69.8%
  • Hope WDW goes back to 180 days

Votes: 31 16.4%
  • Somewhere in-between

Votes: 26 13.8%

• Total voters
Sixty days is perfectly fine, and I wouldn't care if that was a permanent change (although not if they open up fast passes the same day). I am a bit annoyed that all my reservations disappeared, and I would like to know if I'm going to be able to get into a particular park on a particular day.

I never understood the appeal of booking dining 6 months before your trip. So much can change in 6 months. Granted, I'm a Disneyland native and 60 days feels like more than enough here. I know DLR and WDW are very different in terms of scope, time spent, etc., but if anyone can explain why 6 months notice is important, please, let me know because I don't see any advantage. (Likewise, I would be completely fine if WDW didn't require FP selections to be made 2 months in advance, but maybe that's just because it's what I'm used to).

Super planner here. 60 days is too close for me, but I could go for something between 60 and 180 days. Given that my next trip is still more than a year out, looking forward to December instead of ... checks calendar ... APRIL seems more emotionally manageable. 100% agree with those that are concerned about ADRs and FP+ (if it returns...) both being 60 days out.

I think 60 days is plenty......
However!!!!
ADR and fastpass same day what a PIA!
I would prefer fastpass first so you know for sure where you are that day.
IMO this will stop multiple reservations Same day at same restaurant.
kerri

At 180 days Disney park hours are not set, so we sometimes made alternate reservations if we weren’t certain of plans/parks. (We would cancel alternates at the 60 day mark).

So, I prefer 60 days.

(My 60 day window opens tomorrow for an August trip and we still can’t book ADR’s at the Resorts or Parks). :)

180 days out is just so hard to plan, we usually get the dining plan, so we had to do all kinds of math to figure it out, they with 3 of us on 3 devices we would site there for 2 hours booking based on priority.

I like the 60 knowing it's a little closer to the date.

My only issue is I don't want to book dining and FP's at the same time. I think those need to be separated by a day at least. It's already hard enough to book the rides you want.

This brings me to, if they do get rid of the FP booking, that explains the 60 day option if they keep it for dining.

I voted somewhere in between basically because 60 days could coincide with making fastpasses. I like somewhere between 90-120 days. It allows park hours to be pretty set as well as schedules of parties like MVMCP/MNSSHP to be released. Even though we book our trips at 11 months out as DVC members, 180 days is tough to really know your schedule on a trip.

60 days is more than enough. We are usually a group of 9-12 for TS meals. It is hard to get everyone else to think about dining so far in advance.

I also hopes this cuts down on people hoarding a ton of ADRs they won’t even use. Maybe if dining and FP booking are closer, people will finally stop booking 9 reservations at the same restaurant “just in case.”

If FP reservations return, I don’t think FP and dining booking will be at the exact same time, but I think they will be very close. Or I hope so, so the reservation hoarding stops. I also think there’s a possibility FP+ gets blown up altogether and that there’s a totally different process for that whenever it is time for FP to return. Perhaps virtual queues are here to stay, perhaps they implement something like Disneyland’s MaxPass ... but I don’t think the FP process will be exactly the same as before, whenever it comes back.

Super planner here too.
60 days is fine. That is what Disneyland has. It has always worked for me.
I just hope we know what park we will be in before ADR time comes.

What is your opinion of the fact that Disney is changing from the ability to make ADRs 180 days out to 60 days out? Are you hoping that this is just a temporary measure, and that at some point it returns to 180 days? Or are you happy with the 60 days, thinking that that's plenty of time to decide what/where/when you want to eat?
As an aside, I remember when you could only reserve day of, and then WDW allowed resort guests to book in advance-all of 3 days in advance.

I'm guessing those of us who have been around the WDW block a few times know there are ways to horde mulitple ADR's on the same day at the same times for multiple places/same place to eat. We also know there were ways to get around the 180 days and I'm guessing those ways will still be around at the 60 day mark.

On another note trying to decide where you want to eat 6 months out is just crazy. Right now it doesn't matter to me and I might change my mind once the park reservation system is announced.

I like the 60 days but I agree that I wouldn't want to have to make FPs on the same day.

It makes sense to have dining and fastpass reservations made around the same time. I am curious when it all rolls out again if they are going to have separate times for dining and fastpass reservations at the 60 day mark. It would frustrate me to have to decide if dining or Fastpasses we’re more important if both opened up at 7 on the same day. But I also think It will cut down on the amount of people snatching up good dining reservations that ultimately end up cancelling.

But I also think It will cut down on the amount of people snatching up good dining reservations that ultimately end up cancelling.
That's exactly what I was talking about. I'll use Ohana and Storybook as an example. For example If I had a 7 day trip planned-at 180 days (actually even further out) I could have ADR's for both places at 6:00 p.m. for both, 5:00 p.m. for both, and say 7:00 p.m. for both scheduled on all 7 days. Obviously I wouldn't use them and eventually cancel them when I could make final decisions about my trip. So yes 60 days out is a good thing.

That's exactly what I was talking about. I'll use Ohana and Storybook as an example. For example If I had a 7 day trip planned-at 180 days (actually even further out) I could have ADR's for both places at 6:00 p.m. for both, 5:00 p.m. for both, and say 7:00 p.m. for both scheduled on all 7 days. Obviously I wouldn't use them and eventually cancel them when I could make final decisions about my trip. So yes 60 days out is a good thing.
I completely agree. 180 days encourages reservation hoarding because people book the hard-to-get ADRs for multiple days "just in case" park hours change, or they can't get a FP for one day and need to shuffle up their days. Then those people try to justify their hoarding by saying they are "pixie dusting" others when they cancel them closer in time, but really, they are just making it more annoying and frustrating for others. After all--would you feel "pixie dusted" by Disney if instead of releasing ADRs all one one day, they released random restaurants on random days sometime 1-60 days before your trip and you had the "fun" of trying to snatch them at the right day at the right time with no advance notice?

sAfter all--would you feel "pixie dusted" by Disney if instead of releasing ADRs all one one day, they released random restaurants on random days sometime 1-60 days before your trip and you had the "fun" of trying to snatch them at the right day at the right time with no advance notice?

If FP come back I think it would be a good idea to flip-flop ADR's day with FP. Do FP then ADR. One argument for 180 might be for a family special event day-Birthday, Anniversary...having that locked in 6 months out would be nice.

The FP button is completely gone from MDE, so I don’t think we have to worry about FPs making a comeback anytime soon. I think you’ll be able to reserve your park days and ADRs on the same day, at 60 days, which makes a lot of sense because you need to know which park you are visiting to determine your ADRs.

I definitely don't want ADRs & FPs (& maybe even park reservations) to be released at the same time. That would be nuts.

It would be best for them to first release resort reservations, then after a set number of days, release ADR reservations, and then after a set number of days, release FP reservations.

I'd prefer 3 months at least for park reservations, as if we can't get those, it's no use booking flights, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter